David Kanter and Linus himself calls Zen a good design after the Hotchips conference

David Kanter and Linus himself calls Zen a good design after the Hotchips conference.

It's over Intel is finished.
Or at least will finally have decent competition.

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=160154&curpostid=160172

When is it coming out? Will Zen processors have botnet?

q1 2017
yes

Guess they never heard of Bulldozer lel

This imo

>[email protected]

Linus has been posting on RWT for years.

Q1 2017 will be nice.

Save your sheckles and buy a zen + 1080ti and bask in the 10 year life span of your rig.

Hopefully AMD doesn't fuck up Vega and I will finally after a decade have a full highend AMD rig.

I don't care for the first generation of Zen, I can already buy Intel with the same performance but slightly more expensive.
I care about the 2nd gen Zen(+), AMD promised another 15% IPC increase, that will put it over cannonlake most likely.

Seems like the only large difference with Intel is the victim L3 cache.

>another intel is finished thread

dumb frogposter.

Nobody rembmers poolaris and shitdozer?

NEVER TRUST AMD, Zen is another failure

>intel is finished

Intel is never going to be finished. Zen is a great product, but it's impossible for a single chip design to bring down an entire company like intel. The biggest thing that would take down intel would be if they just decided to solely focus on the internet of things.

Cannonlake IPC would be something but I think it will be unlikely, though I definitely see AMD significantly improving clocks by the time the second gen rolls out closing the performance gap.

> is never going to be finished
Not true, but it's not AMD who'll finish Intel. Intel will be finished by its own managers, like every other company.

>>intel is finished
Is a decade old joke when starting threads, you aren't supposed to take it seriously because no one actually takes it seriously.

Unsurprisingly, the people who actually understand something about tech speak rather highly of Zen

>Unsurprisingly, the people who actually understand something about tech speak rather highly of Bulldozer

Same excuses evry time AMDfags

Thanks for Correcting The Record™!

Zen is interesting technology, but can it actually perform? There is a lot of really interesting technology out there, but at the end of the day if it's all looks and can't function very well it will flop. The one thing I'm looking forward to the most is integrated AES encryption on the chips.

I'm correcting you're mum's colon atm.

Good, the bitch needs a rough fucking

>The one thing I'm looking forward to the most is integrated AES encryption on the chips.
AMD FX CPUs have supported AES-NI since day 1.

No way it'll perform, remmeber bulldozer?

Who else is buying the highest end Zen desktop CPU at the day of its release?
I've saved about $1000 for the MoBo, RAM and CPU. Should be enough.

Interesting. They said it's a new feature in the Zen architecture, I had no idea it was an old one. I will check it out, ty user.

>rembmers
>remmeber
Interesting. Instead of using a tripcode you just identify yourself with crimes against the English language in every post.

LOL DON'T YOU REMEMBER BULLDOZER

You should do stand-up.

Stop acting like intel never had huge flops before. Every business does a bad product every once in a while.

I remember both Bulldozer and 970. What's your point?

LOL DON'T YOU REM(M)B(ER)R PRESSHOT, ITANIUM, LARABEE, SILVERTHORNE, LINCROFT AND OTHER SHITTY INTEL ARCHITECTURES THAT THEY SHELVED AND MADE SOMETHING BETTER

And yet I'm getting a FX-8320E and overclocking the shit out of it. Zen doesnt matter...And won't until next year.

I've heard that before, Remember bulldozer?

Why would you buy a FX chip now? Unless you already have an AM3+ mobo.

Isn't 2017 a bit late for this Zen meme?

Most of the processors available right now are already good enough for 99% of tasks. Unless you've got money to burn, really need DDR4 or don't have a cpu at the moment, you don't need to buy zen.

Linus is a abusive hack his opinion is irrelivent

He still is a big name in technology who managed to make a lot of really great projects.

SJW detected.

But zen is not interesting technology, it's very similar to the intel designs from the past 5 years and doesn't bring anything new to the table, and that's why I'm pretty sure it can actually perform.

>it's very similar
But shittier.

You forgot to add it.

what the fuck would linus know about good cpu architecture

AMD Zen CPUs will have more instructions than Intel high-end CPUs, though.

This, I bet he was payed by AMD to praise it

What? Both are 6-wide

Yeah, yeah, everything is pretty and all, but how much they will cost?

Never, ZEN was supposed to release 3 months ago, it's vaporware

>it's very similar to intel designs

What? AMD is nothing like intel. They engineer their cores very differently.

10 bucks less than Intel

Did they release a Price List already?

If yes, what will be the price of the i5 6600 equivalent?

>yes
Dropped