What is the GIMP of video editing software?

What is the GIMP of video editing software?

Your mom

Read the sticky

I tried all of the common ones and Pitivi was the only one I could stand. For simple tasks, using ffmpeg from the command line is often more straightforward.

windows movie maker ;_;

KDEnlive

look at those fucking Loonix faggots not giving you straight answers because they know there is no real alternative to Premiere or Vegas. Get back to Windows man, don't waste your life with Linux shitty tools.

Blender

>Blender

to be fair, it's still better than all open video editors.

>windows movie maker

That's the MS paint of video editing

Care to provide a better answer or is annoying people enough for you?

What's wrong with MS paint...

NEET

OP ask the GIMP of video editing software, so the only advanced editor with complicated menu & interface is .... Blender.

Lightworks is pretty good

GIMP is the MS paint of FOSS

>sad-facebook-frog

That'd be kolourpaint or gnome-paint

Try doing this in paint - it would take days.

Shotcut

VirtualDub, but its not bad so not really a comparison I guess

Seriously, this.

Blender may be aimed at 3D, and have an ass-backwards interface, but it is surprisingly competent as a video editor

Yep.
Vdub is way better than shotcut.

After Effects

/thread

ffmpeg

ffmpeg would be the imagemagick of video editing software.

sony vegas is simple and powerful

I thought that myself right after I typed it.

although not open-source.... black magic's davinci resolve is highly respected grading software. These last couple of years they've implemented a lot of editing features that make it a pretty great all-in-one package. You can get 95% of it's functionality for free without any annoying gotcha's like SD export cap or watermarks all over the screen. The only times you'd actually have to pay for it is when you want to use it in combination with their hardware, if you want to collaborate with multiple people on the same file or if you want to use dedicated servers for the rendering. For the amateur to semi-professional you can get all the functionality you'd ever want competely free.

>it would take days

Problem?

do it