How much help should new programmer guy get when he starts a new job?

How much help should new programmer guy get when he starts a new job?
I got new job as backend dev and I have no idea what's going on, I work in GO and I used it before but never on this level.
I got help from a colleague only first 2 days to get started and now they left me in a fire and idk if I am stupid or what.

>that op image
please tell me this is real life

kek

Theres always a instructions online OP.
You're either too lazy or just too stupid to even google that.

>dat pic

one month

if they don't help you just look at the source and documentation help files of the project/company and figure it out no matter how long it takes. (productivity should be the least of your concerns starting your first real job)

if you give up too easily this if you can't get help, this field is not for you (how did you pass college?)

I was always good at programming at uni.
Just they have deadline until 1 of september and every is super busy. Ofc I google everything but I thought someone will explain me some of the code they have so it's easier to understand

>get job
>can't figure shit out

One of my fears, OP.

If you don't understand something about their code, ask. If you don't get an answer, ask someone else. If your colleagues don't help you, go to your boss. You're new. Act like it.

Whatever you do, don't try to wing it. And don't try to appear more competent than you actually are. You don't get fired right away for not knowing things nobody explained to you. You do get fired right away for guessing and causing an expensive fuck up.

Doing programming assignments at uni is much different to working with a large, complex project with other people.

Biggest difference is probably you will spend much more time reading code than writing compared what you did at university.

Since you said you are good at programming, it shouldn't be too much problem understanding the raw code. I think it's better to ask questions regarding business implications, why this code is written to work this way or quirks unique to the project, rather that "what do these lines of code do" type of questions.

Just bitch to everyone about how they should have commented every line of code and then leave to make your own start up that won't make such foolish mistakes.

If you're hired and aren't qualified for the job, it's not really you that fucked up, but the person who hired you. And they're also usually the same person who can fire you. So you can get some slack in the beginning, just because your boss won't want to admit he was wrong, and won't want to restart the hiring process.

If they hired you as a junior dev, then there is no shame in telling them that you need some time per day to read the docs and learn how the framework they are using works.

Of course if you are like me, and just lied about your skills to get a juicy check each month you TOTALLY don't deserve, do this:

1. Stackoverflow everything you have to do to make some progress in the morning and after lunch, prioritize shiny things over optimization (even if you work on optimization).

2. Two hours before leaving study some Go and whatever framework you are using (beego I image?) it won't look suspicious as you would be basically coding the tutorials and examples, and most of the time they will ask you how are you doing in the morning.

This worked for me in 2 big startups.

This is exactly what happened to me. Most likely they have no expectation for you to do anything of value for the first ~3 months. Make sure you bust your ass and learn everything you can to get up to speed.

Also managers love when you say things like:
"How can I be more productive here?"
"I want to make sure I'm providing value, any tips?"

I'm sure you will figure it out, just be prepared to study and work hard.

There's no better way to do the problem than OP's pic

Bait.jpg

Refute it

var product = (a,b) => {
let c = 0
for (var i = 0; i < b; i++) {
c += a
}
return c
}

works only on positive numbers

(at least it's shorter)

nigga what are loops?

'for' loop

>manual loop unrolling
Bretty gud

>being retarded

pleb
the right way:
var product = (a,b) => Array.apply(null, new Array(b)).map(()=>a).reduce(p=>p+a)

Literally black magick

Doesn't this only add a and b and finish?

reduce f.t.w

product = a / (1 / b);

I feel dumb having not considered this.

It's wrong anyway because of rounding inaccuracy

Fair point.

Is there really someone who can't program that?

I have just started with JavaScript recently, complete beginner... a few days in ... I'm doing online FreeCodeCamp.com stuff only

I wrote this in a few minutes can't believe anyone with a CS degree couldn't do it

function CWO(a, b){
var x = 0;
for (i=0; i

Do you think this is impressive, kid?

nice assumption of language which does that
nice assumption of dom

also those variable names

Nice life

>brags
>posts code that doesn't work.

You know 5*5 isn't 5, right?

Ahahahahahhahahahhahhhaha

>for (i=0; i

This is fucking great

>Is there really someone who can't program that?

>i < 1

lmao

>I'm doing online FreeCodeCamp.com
That site is a scam for retards and you're living proof of that

Someone screenshot this shit and get it on reddit

All that confidence and you failed so hard

>that garbage-ass old-standard browser-JS solution that doesn't even work
let mult = (x,y) => { return new Array(x).fill(y).reduce((a,b)=>{return a+b}) }
> mult(5,5)

>not omitting the { when everything is a return statement
var mult = (a,b) => new Array(a).fill(b).reduce((a,b)=>a+b)

btw i posted something pretty similar

Haskell:
mul a b = product [a, b]
[\code]

I tried implementing this in brainfuck but it was difficult for me

it's something like ,>,[-[>+

You are clearly a beginner.
mul a b = sum $ concat $ replicate a (replicate b 1)

these two are the most elegant solutions in this thread

Elegance is needing to include a massive library to multiply

>It is wrong 'cuz this theoretical pseudo-code does not work on very certain implementations and conditions
Here you go, does this soothe your autism?
c = (int)((a / (1 / b)) + 0.5f);
>inb4 limit reduced because of integer scope of IEEE75 < int

I'm not a beginner.
import Data.Function (fix)

(...) = (.).(.)

mul = foldl (+) 0 ... fix (\f x y -> if x == 0 then [] else y : f (x - 1) y)

plebs
function add(a, b) {
if(b == 0) return a
return add( a ^ b, (a & b)

This is way more appropriate, indeed.

Actually genius

That doesn't work with integers.
1/b is either 0, 1 or division by zero

kys my doode :^)

>what is pseudocode
It would work on languages with autocast on integer division like perl. I never declared any variables and basically I took the bait.