What maths should one know to be a game developer?

What maths should one know to be a game developer?

Other urls found in this thread:

khanacademy.org/
betterexplained.com/articles/category/math/
patrickjmt.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Triple integrals

basic arithmetics and geometry

Which branch of mathematics Is that? Could you break It down In popular terms? Like linear algebra, calculus ect?

Dude, go to school.

Linear algebra and vector calc (for nD vector manipulation)
Differential equations (for game balancing)
Discrete math (set theory, common logic)

Before that, trig, geometry, newtonian physics.. Basic stuff you should've learned in high school.

Depending on the Engine, some of them don't even require Math anymore, but they do require logic.

i use parametrics way too much

Also just a heads up, games are 30% science 70% art. If you aren't creative and clever (but mostly creative) you aren't going to get anywhere in this oversaturated market.

bingo

/thread

What's the pic related meaning? TJ has black kid?

>tfw dropped out of high school

Heh, jokes on me then I guess lads

Read a textbook dumbshit.

What do you do for a living? Genuinely curious.

If you use something like Unity3D it's close to 100% art with no science (other than really basic logic scripts).

khanacademy.org/ for all your math needs.

I think he's trying

This site would be great if they had a section that gave you lots of practice problems. Is it too much to ask Sal for parts of the subjects offered to come with the option of having practice questions with like 50 or 100 problems?

Topological recursion.

Either all of them or none of them or maybe some of them.

Being a game developer is less about what you know, and more about being able to apply what you know to create these systems we call video games.

That's calculus. You need linear algebra, analytic geometry and discrete maths though.

Is Topology a meme course?

He fucked (SJW read: raped) his black mistresses (SJW read: slaves) and they got some kids which are/were half black (SJW read: african american with lighter skin but no privileges)

If you can’t deal with functions of type C → V where V is an infinite dimensional but non-reflexive Banach space over Z/17Z, you are not ready for video games.

betterexplained.com/articles/category/math/
Tries to explain things in simple terms and use visual examples.
Thank you based Pajeet.

patrickjmt.com/
Is how I survived college.

>in college
>calculus 3 homework
>triple integral
>15 minutes to solve
>answer is 0
>answer is correct
>why

OH DUDE BECAUSE IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW TRIPLE INTEGRALS THEN HOW ARE YOU GOING TO USE A GRAPHICS LIBRARY TO CREATE A GAME? WHAT IF THE GRAPHICS LIBRARY BREAKS YOU CANT FIX IT IDIOT