Small Questions Thread

/sqt/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/robertdavidgraham/masscan)
amazon.co.uk/Hama-00057152-VOIP-Notebook-Microphone/dp/B000EW5338/
tonymacx86.com/
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
easy2boot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

help pls

Will I fuck it badly If I go for a X58 Build?
I don't want to buy new shit in three or five years.

Could someone help me out with regex ?
I need to match the following string exactly to add to my filter list for fail2ban.
masscan/1.0 (github.com/robertdavidgraham/masscan)

Thanks in advance

How does Sup Forums maintain it's music library?
Don't have the money for spotify and it lacks some music, and currently using beets+MPD+ncmpcpp which works fine but finding new music or keeping artists updated is a hassle and I can't get the database in perfect shape.
Am I missing out on something?

>LGA 1366
>65 nm
lol

Did dun goof'd and lost headset mic, new mic possible without re-buying the headset?

So?

How do I check my computer for spyware or other similar stuff. After giving in my computer for repair now I use it and there seems to be all sorts of programs and processes running on my computer like for instance the cmd always opens on startup, they might have been installed in order to aid the repair of my computer but I'm not so sure.

so its not 20010 or whenever 65nm was in action, we are on 14nm

reinstall windows

Any normal 3.5mm mic should work.

if I do that I'll lose a ton of programs and software I can't reinstall due to not having the original disc.

Any reccomendations for headset-attachable ones? Tried a quick amazon uk search but came up dry on anything decent looking.

why is DX12 win10 exclusive?
isnt it a regular installer for a bunch of libraries?
what is that special something that is required for it but only available in win10?

>why is DX12 win10 exclusive?
To force you into Winblows 10

MS probably fucking something up in the code to make it read if you've got win10 thus forcing you to join the botnet.

>removes tinfoil hat

Probably others will give a better reply.

Nvm, i figured it out with this site:
regex101.com

run then

ccleaner, so that scanning is faster
malwarebytes
adwcleaner
roguekiller
hitmanpro
JRT
tdsskiller

all of them on bleeping computer site, except malware bytes I guess
then run as asdmin autostart from sysinternals and check what starts on boot for ya

it was the same with Vista and DX10. there was no reason DX10 couldn't have worked on XP, but microshit intentionally made it Vista-only in an attempt to boost sales.

And?

I have no idea, I don't use that type. Got a Samson Go Mic Direct. It's almost too good for its price. Found nothing better than this
amazon.co.uk/Hama-00057152-VOIP-Notebook-Microphone/dp/B000EW5338/

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

Is it possible to install MacOS on a PC? Will it work properly?

You've never heard of a hackintosh?

tonymacx86.com/

Cry more.

Yes. No.

I'll take your word for it, plus, since the headset has its own soundcard I guess that helps?

Yes.
Yes, but takes more maintenance than a Mac.

You're a special kind of Sup Forums manchildren, aren't you?

Why is transmission so slow? Or is it just ubuntu? It's a lot slower compared to bittorrent on windows. Any modifications I can use?

I would ditch Windows in an instant if OS X got official non-Apple hardware/PC support, but then who would buy a Mac anymore?

Nobody is buying macs now, user, so...

Just picked up a hot new lenovo chinkpad p40 yoga and am thinking about installing leenux on it
Every laptop i have owned for the past 6 years has run linux on it, but i have a few Q's i need A'd

what are the best distro's for 2 in 1s?

this computer comes with a wacom pen and I want to make sure that linux can utilize the pen and its buttons

I want to use arch (i installed it on my old comp), would i need to configure all the function keys for like backlights and shit?

thanx pham

So I'm trying to get dazloader from MDL forums, and whenever I go to this link
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download

All that shows is something that says must log in to see this posts contents. So I created an account and logged in, and it is still saying that I need to be logged in to see the contents, even though I am already logged in with my account. anyone know why?

Did you activate? IIRC MDL has a weird system for it.

Also, you need to thank to access the link.

Does it matter which usb sticks I buy if I just want to use them to listen music in my car?
Should I use several smaller storage or one large one?

Say someone gets call scammed and lets someone on their computer, what's the best way to check to make sure there is no monitoring software or otherwise nasty shit? Assume reinstalling windows is a last resort.

No I didn't fall for that stupid shit someone else did, but the idea that someone left some backdoor shit on it is intriguing and I'm wondering if there's any way to reliably check for it.

Nope. If it's just for music in your car, it doesn't matter. I'd probably buy a big one; for storing music, they're really cheap these days, so why bother with smaller ones?

Just buy an aux cord for your audio listening device.

/spg/ ignored me, maybe you guys can help?

I want a phone that can produce some good sound (I am planning to use headphones, Yuin PK3), but one that does not run Android or iOS.

I'd prefer something less smart, but not outright dumb. Lurking and reading about W950i and 5800 XM at the moment - can anyone tell me what other models should I look for?

My laptop is lagging whenever I use BitTorrent, but it only happens when I set the upload and download higher than 700~kbps. I'm using Win10, and the BitTorrent version is 7.9.7. What could be causing this?

I'm planning on thru hiking the appalachian trail next season and I have been thinking about a phone option. I really don't plan on making many (if any) calls, so I was then thinking maybe I can just bring my iPhone 5S (or buy a new smartphone before the trip), with the intention of using it for photos. The phone would be in airplane mode at all times, and GPS would be turned off for photos. I would disable all forms of data pushing etc. How long might I expect the phone to last with these considerations, and considering I might take between 20-30 photos a day (probably way more than I actually would), and that I would turn it off for 12+ hours a day?

Asking again because I didn't get an answer last thread. Can I reinstall windows 7 just by mounting the iso in a virtual drive? I would use a usb but my ports are dead. I would use a burned disc but the burn process keeps failing.

I have a 3570K I'm trying to OC, and I keep reading that 1.25v should be enough for 4.5GHz, but I'm at 1.3v at 4.4GHz and I get WHEA errors every minute or so. Do I have a really awful chip or something?

A friend sent me a private youtube video of him playing a game but then decided he wasn't happy with it and deleted it.

I have it open and fully buffered, just finished watching it. How can I save this? It's gotta be in some temp folder or something, right? I can't use youtube-dl since it's not actually on the site anymore. I'm using Firefox Nightly if it matters.

So I set up CDPATH in my .bashrc so I can cd anywhere in my ~ directly.
So later I added a function to my .bashrc to cd anywhere and open my file manager (nemo) there.
Any buddy know how, or if I can get this function to work with autocomplete, like cd does?
function ncd () {
cd "$1"; nemo .
}

I fail at burning movies/tv shows to dvd
I have DVD Flick and tried to burn 3 episodes of a show to a blank dvd-r with a simple menu to select an episode. But I forgot to select the option for it to burn after encoding or make an .iso so all I had was the "dvd" folder with bunch of .txt files and shit. So I used powerISO to turn it into an .iso and burn it to my blank dvd-r. Needless to say it failed to play in my dvd player. Why? Would DVD flick have been able to do it if the option were selected? What does Sup Forums use to do this?

Leave the browser up for all eternity

Which video card would be OK for Intel iCore 5?

install capture software, crank capture settings up, set capture area to size of youtube video window, record it. About the laziest way to go about it.

wow people still do that? to get the menus and stuff i used nero, but that was years ago so i might be way off.

Guess I'll rev up the piracy and try nero. Thanks for advice

ᵂʰᵃᵗ ᵈᶦˢᵗʳᵒ ᵒᶠ ᶫᶦᶰᵘˣ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᴵ ᵘˢᵉ?

KDE or Cinnamon?

None of them. Use iOS

Obviously start with AVs, and maybe stuff like this:
Then, definitely, check everything that autostarts with this:
technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

without any other info about your needs:
Debian

Thought for different genres, and doesn't it read slower if you get a 64gb one compared to a 16gb one?

I only have a phone.

Phones aren't really built with long term battery in mind. You could buy a solar battery recharger or just an outright backup battery, but you might as well buy a dedicated camera if that's all you're after, maybe something waterproof/shockproof.

This is supposed to do what you're talking about

easy2boot.com/

Also your USB ports might just be damaged on the outside, in which case you could buy a bay with new ones and maybe a card reader, and just connect it to your mobo in place of the old connections. They also sell PCI adapters with new ports.

My Asus X501A started making weird noise, like an old mechanical clock, loudly "ticking" in fast rhytm. I heard it usually means that HDD is broken so I downloaded HD sentinel and run a test. It seems that everything is perfectly fine 100%. Should I do anything else?

How do I stop Windows 10 from downloading updates without asking?
I don't like randomly having 600 ping in the middle of a game with no warning.

Maybe on the genre front, if your car doesn't let you use multiple folders.

I've never heard of slower speeds on larger drives over USB 2, but it wouldn't make a difference anyway - streaming music is not an arduous task for a USB drive.

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Dave.

???

Which i5 do you have?

Dude, the in between phones were retarded. A bunch of crapware from the manufacturers, super limited apps that have dried up even more since then, and half baked menu systems that never got fully developed. Honest to god you either want a minimalist android or some super oldschool phone that just emphasizes battery and privacy. There's a lot of androids with excellent sound

Any.

Do you have home or pro?

Install Windows 7.

Home.

I want to limit my torrent clients speed so that it doesn't slow down my internet. I tried using the built in download/upload limitations, but even at 1kb/s it still slows my internet down. I have tried uTorrent, qBitorrent and Deluge and it is the same on all of them.

What do?

Then you want to set your network connection as metered, if it's over ethernet you'll have to do a quick registry hack. You could also try disabling the service but I imagine windows would turn it back on automatically at some point. And you want to disable P2P update sharing as well.

You could also use the third party tools Ultimate windows Tweaker 4 or O&O ShutUp10, which give you all these options in one place.

It does, I just use folders to organize the albums for the bands, and I mostly play on random.

Im a newbie on programming, and Im not sure how do pointers work, but mostly... how can I implement them? where do I need to use them?

what language do i select when using Scheme in DrRacket?

How can I make simple-screen-recorder timestamp my recordings like with bash:
screen_recording_$(date +"%H:%m:%S_%d.%m.%Y.") ?

Your question's phrased kind of weirdly. You have a good processor. You could run any modern GPU with it and get good results. There are games out there that can go beyond your processor's capabilities and therefore bottleneck the gpu before it could reach it's full potential, but you could still have a solid experience even on the 1080

A pointer is basically the address where a object is stored.
You use it for anything that isnt primitive.

"nameprefix$(date +%options).filetype"
>if that's what you mean.

what do you mean by primitive?

I need to buy a laptop soon. I want my laptop to play Overwatch at 60FPS on low-medium settings (basically just shadows on)

>What price range am I looking at? Trying to go cheap
>What are some pillowed specs I should look for when looking at laptops

not really... It just leaves the name in code instead of interpreting like bash. I have to name it manually each time I record.

I've been using a PC all my life (although I'm no expert) and I'm going into college soon and was planning on getting a laptop. Now I'm not sure if I should get a laptop with Windows or to go for a Macbook.

My PC still uses Windows 7 so I'm not sure how I'll adapt to Windows 10. Although I've only used Macs in some high school classes so I'm not as familiar in that area either.

In terms of ease of use, compatibility and overall quality, which would be the better option? Does it all come down to software or are there much bigger limitations?

Integer, char, boolean.

Well you can use pointers for these too, but in general you use pointer for objects such as arrays, strings and your own made objects because its way more efficient to e.g. use call by reference for objects and give a method the address of an object.

ohh I get it, thats something that was bothering me. I have been reading about pointers but I was like "why should I use this instead of a normal variable?"
Thank you.

How do I make Skype calls in groups with over 100 people. There's a Sup Forums group with 200 that knows how, but they won't tell us.
We've been using /golive, but it stops working once the group is larger than 100 people.

Also, is there no way to get the creator role for Skype anymore?

Yeah pointers are useful when you do stuff like swaping 2 objects where it would be awfully inefficient to actually physically swap the data on the memory.

What program should I use to encrypt my drive. Should I use Bitlocker or a 3rd party ?

Has anyone recently done a gentoo install with KDE? I keep hitting a fetch failed for sys-libs/mtdev. All other packages work fine to emerge, but it's not able to resolve bitmath.org.
Have I fucked up my install in some way, or is there an issue with their site? I saw nothing when i tried to load their site via a browser.

What is a good wireless access point? Ideally it would have PoE, wireless AC and be able to transmit alright through walls and a running microwave.

Do you care about state level threats? Bitlocker is vulnerable to NSA guys, but you can keep unmotivated thieves out with it. Check the wiki, it has good info on this stuff.

So my 1060 just came in the mail; should I remove my 660 or set it up as a dedicated physx processor?

AC doesn't give a shit about microwaves.

I plan to store a bunch of torrents on it. Ive heard good things about TrueCrypt though

That was before the DEVs mysteriously went belly up. Try one of the forks now.

I guess that makes sense given the 5 Ghz band. But isn't unregulated microwave EM leakage outsize the 2.4 Ghz band still a thing?

IMO Truecrypt is okay, given the audit and all. But like said, you might take a look at updated forks like VeraCrypt.

Hypothetically speaking, if some one hypothetically wanted to break into a hypothetical university computer system, hypothetically, how would this hypothetical someone hypothetically achieve such a hypothetical task?

Microwaves may break out of spectrum a little, but they're not getting in the same continent as 5ghz.

How likely is it to catch herpes from balls touching?