How does Sup Forums justify piracy?

how does Sup Forums justify piracy?

free shit

Might is right.

It's basically plagiarism.

free

all the software and files are there to obtain shit for free
if it is illegal why isn't it blocked RIGHT NOW?
do they let us have the tools but say if we use them its illegal. temptation leads to entrapment

3x price for what americucks pay in turkroach land. almost impossible to buy any tech related thing. for fucks sake, %90 of price of alcohol is tax here.

People who pay for stuff are cucks

It's free.

Why do I have to justify it? I'm not a fucking philosopher.

the dollar here is valued higher. like im sure in your country you'd save your family in a house fire instead of your money, value to the country.

If you could easily eat for free rather than pay to eat would you actually go out and still buy food?

People who steal are niggers and should be killed as they provide nothing to the society

I only pirate the games of companies I don't want to support. I liked the dead space series but I hate EA, for example.

I don't pirate any software

Movies and music because I'm pretty sure they have enough money

/thread

wasnt gonna buy it anyway

It provides a better service than the legal option.

I don't have to justify it. I feel no personal obligation towards any particular content creators and I therefore don't feel the need to pay for something that can theoretically be replicated an infinite amount of times for free.

Enjoy being cucked, consumer cuck

I'm a NEET that lives in my mom's basement.
Do you expect me to pay for shit?

Enjoy your prison sentence, nigger

I'm greedy, lazy and don't particularly

why would i need to justify it?

i fully know it's wrong and illegal. i do it anyway

I don't justify piracy. If by piracy you mean robbing and murdering people on the high seas.

If OTOH you refer to the unauthorized copying of information, then I'm OK with that. It's like sharing recipes with your neighbors and stuff.

de facto monopolies + sheep effect = no alternative = no market freedom = items are not displayed at the pricepoint they deserve = it is morally unsound to pay for them.

I'm a nigger. I haven't paid for anything myself since 2009

I live in abject poverty. I don't try to justify things I just do them. $13 for an illegal iptv service so I can watch something for a few minutes and forget how shitty my life is is even hard to justify. That's like 3 meals. I would rather just consume less media but there's really nothing else to do with my life being like this.

If it's not a physical, tangible object, it isn't property.

>only 90%

I can buy a 1l bottle of gin in tax-free on a cruise ship for 9 Euros

In stores the same amount costs about 30-35 euros

/thread

No Man's Sky

I'm pretty sure there's some rule in economics along the line of:

>For the same product/service (including quality), rational consumers choose the lowest price (when available/attainable).

I choose the lowest price for the product which happens to be 0. I am rational. If you offer a better option, like pay me $50 for your shit movie, I won't pirate and take the $50 and your original copy because it's the rational thing to do.

i dont

i'm a dirty criminal

I'm unemployed

I want to consume media without giving money to Jewish people

with the fun of calling myself a pirate.

I don't try to justify it, other than I'm too poor to afford the game to begin with. They lose nothing on my part.

Also, if you use an ad blocker you have absolutely no moral leg to stand on whilst judging pirates. You're actually causing their server load to go up whilst not paying via ads. You're actually directly and negatively impacting them, unlike most piracy.

Films are sooner on the internet than in theaters here in france,

if i want to watch a film in the original language theater is not always a solution sinco there are 95% of the time shitty dubbings

dvds are often super expensive, in fact they are either super expensive or old as fuck

our government fucked up netflix at the benefits of french vod companies so it's not worth getting an account

There are fucking ads on tv despite paying a tax if we own one

downloading legally is accepting drm

fucking shit "don't pirate" there used to be on dvds

and about software i stopped paying for proprietary software (games included)

One thing I should do but don't is paying for free software and supporting free projects but I am still a student and my parents wouldn't want me to "give away" money

People are already paying for it

Piracy is fine if you're poor and you might buy their shit and support them once you got money

Just use that free/name-your-price and encourage people to use their money so you get more good content

exactly
>

>needing to justify anything

how do developers justify propertiary software?

I couldn't begin to afford all the movies music games and software I pirate on a constant basis, and I literally own thousands of blurays and games and everything else.

what you said is 75% you dummy

1. It's free
2. It makes the copyright jews butthurt
3. It makes the shitty software companies angry

What's not to love?

Free

Yes! I forgot that!

I'm But I actually saved up and bought city Skylines at full price (which is $40 instead of the retarded $60) after 150 or so pirated hours. I haven't even played my retail version much, was mostly done with the game. They just deserved the money. Reminded me of when city sims were good, and my childhood with OG maxis.

Been downloading Witcher 3 over the past month because my internet sucks, bandwidth and cap wise. supposed to be unlimited but they throttle it to dial up levels eventually.

No DRM, especially no online DRM, already has me considering buying on really good sale. Should be done in a couple hours. Hope it's good enough I want to buy it afterwards.

I pirate everything, regardless of cost. If I like the work and there's a way to support the dev through PayPal or something I'll send them triple whatever price they ask normally. If I don't like their work, they get nothing.

I buy a DVD and share it with you.
How is piracy wrong?

it does not need any justification

i'm sure you provide a lot to society by shitposting and totally can't be replaced by a robot.

i don't justify it, i just don't care

Music: I listen to far too much music to be able to afford it all
Games: I only pirate games with DRM
Movies: The studios have enough money as it is
Educational books: Information should be free
Anime: Fansubs are higher quality

i don't.

doesn't mean i'll stop doing it

Because it's free and often easier to get.

I don't go raiding on the high seas, it doesn't affect me

>justify

Spooked

Actions either have consequences or they don't

I don't. Pirating makes me diamonds and there's nothing you can do to stop that or piracy.

Seriously, piracy is about to become a HUGE problem soon. x265 2.0 and libopus 1.1.3 are out, phones basically have laptop 2Ghz i3 performance for software decoding, and it's only a matter of time before someone makes a GUI of both of those codecs to encode shit for even the biggest dumbass on earth to use.

To add insult to injury even americum is getting cheap unlimited high speed data for phones with 20+mbps download speeds now.

ahhhhyeeeaaaa

My justification: fuck you, i have a connection to the web and the ability to download via a client. fuck you again, ill download what i want.

mostly clean with software, except for PS CC 2015 because I needed a blending mode that wasn't in CS2

if Adobe quit being dicks maybe people would give them money instead of cracking their software with a 3 clicks

why would it need justification?

Personally
Movies: If I can't find for a reasonable price and/or is too old for me to find a legitamate copy of.
Music: as mentioned I listen to too much to justify buying it all.
TV: (See movies)
Games: (Ditto as above)

See I'm not a poorfag but neither am I rich.

there is literally nothing wrong with """"stealing"""" something you weren't going to buy anyway. it's a victimless crime.

>To add insult to injury even americum is getting cheap unlimited high speed data for phones
not really. In Burgonia "unlimited" data plans mean "You get 20GB or so, and thereafter we don't charge overages like we want to, or cut you off, but we'll choke you down to 56k speeds to teach you a lesson"

I'm poor.
Nobody is losing money for something that I couldn't buy in the first place.