What the fuck is wrong with this world. Why would you want to drop the head phone jack...

What the fuck is wrong with this world. Why would you want to drop the head phone jack. Wireless head headphones do not output better sound quality and even if the fact is that no phone put out good sound what happens when i need to charge and listen to music? What happens when my wireless dies? I have to wait for it to charge? What the fuck is going on? Whos behind this to make more money?

who said anything about dropping the headphone jack?

>What the fuck is wrong with this world.
WTF is wrong with you?
Obsessing over something that somebody said that Apple might/might not do?
Since when have you been an Apple fanboi?
If Apple does it then all the others will do it too.
"Normal" is a majority concept.

Just because you get rid of the 3.5mm jack doesn't mean suddenly you're forced to use wireless headphones....

USB type C headphones are a thing user, they're actually better because instead of using your phone or MP3 players shitty built in DAC, they use the DAC the headphone manufacturer builds into it. So a high end manufacturer can just include a high end DAC in the device itself.

Also, USB Type-C has full analog signal passthrough, meaning you can just plug your 3.5mm headset directly into a passive adapter cable without anything special needing to be done.

The first phone with TWO USB Type-C ports (one for charging and one for an accessory such as headphones or speakers) will likely be my next phone.

>tfw you're the only person in the world that wishes all devices had multiple quarter inch trs phone jacks

>he thinks it's still 2012

I'm certain there will be some kickstarted company that will make a case with a lightning port and 3.5mm jack. It'll be okay.

>So a high end manufacturer can just include a high end DAC in the device itself.

So what's the point of using the device for music at all, if a $5 chink mp3 player will give the same results?

Apple is retarded and it won't fly. The next iphone will be the death of apple.

>tfw no phone with XLR connector
why even live

Where is my phone with a TOSLINK port?

Analog forever. Someone's going to say I'm dumb as shit since the output is digital being converted to analog. Fuck you.

Honestly? Fuck ⅛" jacks. Shit's too fragile and breaks too readily.

Give me a phone with a bulletproof ¼" like G*D intended.

>Tfw no dual mini-xlr balanced phone

>Wireless head headphones do not output better sound quality
Actually, wireless have a bit more of sound quality since jacks are unbalanced thus create lot of noise.

I personally just prefer wired because I frequently switch between my phone and computer and would rather just plug the cable somewhere else than do retarded pairing shit or switch headphones.

A lot of phones already did it. See the Moto Z and a bunch of Asian phones. People are just afraid of Apple jumping on that bandwagon, rightfully so.

you should just kill yourself

>So a high end manufacturer can just include a high end DAC in the device itself
>implying that will happen
>implying cheap headphones won't have 10-bits DACs that sound awful and to get headphones with better 16 or 24-bit DACs you won't have to pay hundreds of dollars

w....what?

/thread

>headphones DAC
>better
Next time buy something that's not shit

>instead of using your phone or MP3 players shitty built in DAC
As others have pointed out, that won't happen unless they also kill off the speakers. You didn't think you were listening to digital sound from the main speaker, did you?

>USB type C headphones are a thing user, they're actually better because instead of using your phone or MP3 players shitty built in DAC

Not that there's much of a perceptible quality difference between DACs anyway, but even if there was, your $700 phone has a pretty good DAC.

Because digital always = DRM = TEH MONIESS$$$.

I would rather make a switch to the 2.5mm jack, and use a small adapter if you need to plug in a 3.5mm headset.

You can already connect an external dac on android phone from the USB. I can partially understand passing analog audio trough usb-c connector. But forcing an external dac is pure bullshit.