So, could we have less "fat" programs nowadays or code monkeys are incapable of competent programming?

So, could we have less "fat" programs nowadays or code monkeys are incapable of competent programming?

the 2nd one

good luck

Nah we're all fucked

>pic
This happend? kek

Also, 2nd option

Blame electron and nw.js, now a fucking text editor have the size of a fucking old fps shooter game

>muh js is bloated meme
Do you know how big Qt or GTK is?

The latter.

Nothing is preventing programs from still being slim.

The problem is that speed and convenience in development favors fat programs, and generally speaking hardware has been able to keep up with software so there is little incentive to take the slower and harder approach.

Do you know how big is wpf, Winforms or even swing? , i dont Know but my hello world apps are < 1mb and not fucking > 100mb

Because they're statically linked you fucking faggot. I can write a hello world 'app' in 20 bytes of javascript as long as you open it in your browser.

>This happend?
No, you underaged piece of trash.

*dynamically linked

And you have to put with your app an embeded chromium web browser just to execute this... If that's not bloated i dont Know what

And if I wanted to run your wpf app then I have to install a 500MB WINE package.

Let me guess... Lincuck, i'm done

Standard Windows install is 20GB.

>tfw born too l8 to experience windows 98

My hello world apps are 2 kb.

>underage B&
Windows 98 support ended in 2006.

I'm gonna disagree based on my own opinion. There just aren't that many talented software engineers left. The best ones are retired or dead.

WEB SCALE
CROSS PLATFORM
EVENT DRIVEN PROGRAMMING
HADOOP
ANGULAR.JS
NOSQL
MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER MODEL VIEW CONTROLLER

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

>NOSQL
Why did they make it?

don't forget
>Electron framework

Less than 10 mb when stripped of all useless trash.

/thread

Also, they have shit tier latency, since it is impossible to update the DOM fast enough.

What's stopping you from getting an iso, old pc (or just a fucking VM) and experiencing it RIGHT NOW?