Wow, really makes you think

Wow, really makes you think.

>american vs chink engineering
what the fuck do you expect?

one is designed with pride of workmanship, the other one was designed by slave labor.

Is this supposed to mean anything? People who buy MacBooks are normalfags and don't know or are interested about the internals

You don't need to be interested in the internals, it just werks, unlike the chinkpad

Chinkpad works when I driver on it, iphone doesn't.

how many screws in lenovo come from the factory looking like this?

That's a feature senpai.

this.

Really makes me think that one works as well if not just as good and I don't have to buy a new macbook when one part fails or needs upgrading

Am I the only one who thinks the thinkpad looks nicer?

DOUBT
O
U
B
T

Reminder that this is from the Apple repair manual

Come on guys, try to comfort them instead.

you really showed them senpai.

>>>\s4s\

Probably 0, just like in the MacBook.

but that is literally how the screw was attached when i pulled the bottom of my 2011 macbook off.

So what?

>\
Wincuck detected

It's objectively shitty assembly? Or are you going to tell me that much thermal paste is correct?

If the thermal paste isn't conductive, who cares?

It's thermally conductive and that's the whole point of it, but applying more of it make it less effective.

And yes it's usually electrically conductive as well

>It's objectively shitty assembly?
Maybe. It absolutely guarantees you use 'enough' thermal paste, however. Other than being wasteful I don't see a problem.

>but applying more of it make it less effective.
Oh boy, do explain this.

>was going to make a stupid pun
>this happens
GOD DAMMIT

>Wow, really makes you think.
Indeed it does. It makes me think that Thinkpads are still the way to go because I can take them apart easily.

Both are made in China.

1000x this, if you're still buying electrically conductive thermal paste you have no business discussing hardware and you should excuse yourself from the discussion

>implying both are not made with chink slave labor

Yea, it's awesome how you can repair and replace most parts in the bottom one. Really good idea.

Does this really need an explanation for you?

Even though Thermal Grease is intended to aid transfer of heat, using more of it is going to slow that transfer because there is more mass for the heat to move through

>Both are made in China.
Shithead, we're talking about the fucking DESIGN. Which monkey exactly put the screws where they were told to is fucking IRRELEVANT.

It's a cheap factory in China m8, they buy the cheapest grease they can

this guy thinks that the people who worry about heat in their min-max overclock benchmark meme gear actually go to this forum or would ever give a shit about his opinion

>instructions in english
looks more like a service manual to me. plus non conductive thermal paste isnt necessarily more expensive

>cheap factory
>apple
ok.

Both lenovo and macbook laptops are also designed in America.

please show me where apple products are made

>Both lenovo and macbook laptops are also designed in America.
Lenovo does engineering & design in China. They have marketing and support in the US.

>look mom, I posted it again xDDD

>please show me where apple products are made
Who cares where they are made? Manufacturing is a low-end job that requires ZERO brains. As long as you have good QA, it doesn't matter who handles the screwdriver.

I don't understand. Is this making fun of apple shit or chinkpads?
I mean, only idiots would appreciate how the macbook is locked down and sickdark like that, right?

>Maybe. It absolutely guarantees you use 'enough' thermal paste
You have no idea how thermal paste works.

Putting too much degrades performance. The objective of thermal paste isn't to create an entirely new layer, it's to fill in microscopic gaps.

See above. You are an idiot.

Think of it this way: regardless of how much you spend on thermal paste, it is not as good of a thermal conductor as solid aluminum or copper. I.e. heat will transfer from one end of a copper rod to the other much better than from a copper plate + thermal paste + copper plate sandwich. That is completely inarguable, and if you try to argue against that you are fucking retarded beyond hope.

In a more ideal world with no manufacturing limitations, a perfectly smooth CPU die + a perfectly smooth copper plate would be superior to any sort of thermal grease interface by quite a bit.

youll never be in a position to make any sort of decision revolving around the amount of thermal paste applied in a scenario in which it actually matters

>using more of it is going to slow that transfer because there is more mass for the heat to move through
How? The volume of space between the heat sink and the die is the same no matter what.
You're a fucking moron with no critical thinking skills.

it's literally nothing.

> 2016
> Being this retarded.

Do you even own a computer user?

That's not a Pro. Also what's the interconnect for?

How is Sup Forums so fucking not technical?

It's embarrassing how stupid people here are...

Really makes you think.

Rest is batteries. Lots of batteries. That's why those things dont have to be charged much.

USB-C or display.

ever heard of fucking memes you dumb newfag?

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

none of that shit is true. you've obviously never owned one.