19:9 is fucking retard-tier.

Prove me wrong.

PS: You can't.

>19:9 is retard-tier.
You got that right. Go tell 'em!

>16:10 is the only God-tier resolution
>resolution
It's an aspect ratio, idiot.

You know it's true. It's only popular because some movies come in that resolution. It looks like shit on eyes.

That's why every good IPS 24" 16:10 monitor is over $300.

>1610
>Resolution

>19:9

Probably shouldn't be calling anything retarded.

uh oh, I made a mistake. like that invalidates my argument.

fact is that 16:10 is the best aspect ratio that you can have.

5:4 you giant pleb.

God tier:
>21:9 aspect ratio
>3440x1440 resolution
>34" IPS panel

>things that are shit tier

>34"
way too big.

>get 4k monitor
>no longer falls for the 16:10 meme

>>get 4k monitor
almost all of them suck :( way too slow.

>being poor and acting like you really enjoy a 23",16:9, 1920x1080, TN panel

>16:9, 1920x1080, TN panel
I prefer 16:10 fyi

>tfw 21.5" 1920x1200 S-PVA

5:4 and 3:4 masterrace

>3:4
>masterrace
pick one.

3:4 is superior to 16:9 for reading and working. Consume your media on the couch.

>every good IPS 24" 16:10 monitor is over $300.
Huh? Even in Canada that's not true.
In fact, you can get them at a pretty steep discount since retailers are phasing them out.

Wait till you try 5:4. 3:4 is pretty much when I have to add the wide screen with me. (basic 1366x768 while the 3:4 is set to 1024x768)

None of those panels are actually any good either. 8ms latency, light bleed, 60Hz refresh rate.

Yuck.

I prefer 8:5

I don't know what to tell you; you're objectively wrong on all counts except 60Hz.
And if you need 60Hz, why are you considering a 16:10 monitor? Video games are designed with 16:9 in mind.

Who said anything about games?
My dark like my soul desktop looks like shit on IPS with the light bleed and 60Hz is a joke.

You mean 16:9, right?

10:16 is where it's at.

21:9 confirmed objectively master race reporting in

>In fact, you can get them at a pretty steep discount since retailers are phasing them out.
you're a fucking idiot. all of the pro-tier IPS panels are 16:10. Just look at pro-Dell and pro-HP lines.

16:9 is for retards watching netflix on their shitputer.

16:10 is for professionals getting the shit done.

BestBuy mostly carries low & mid range screens that are mostly 16:9.

Anyone else love 5:4?

Enjoy your black bars in movies and lowered fov in games dumb nig LMAO

I agree that 16:10 is the best but no one sells that shit. Fucking bullshit

1:1 master race. Anything wider is trash.

I mean, we invented windows after all
>gaming
>watching movies

Shit for games and movies, god tier for everything else. I'm probably going to buy a 1440p monitor and go back to 16:9, though. I don't do much that warrants the extra screen estate other than composing in Sibelius and programming. Not sure if there are any 2560x1600 monitors that are decent and not outrageously expensive but I feel like the jump in resolution would only makes my gripes with 16:10 even worse.

Hopefully all goes well and i get this 16:10 dell monitor i found on ebay locally

I can join the fellow master racers

4:3 is better.

>2560x1600 monitor
>1680x1050 laptop

Feels gud man.

Keep with times gramps, everything is 9:16 now.

I concur.

That 16:9 monitors are dear to the unimaginative peasant-burgher whilst 16:10 monitors appeal to the sensitive poet-aristocrat-philosopher will be clear in a moment when we reflect on the matter of association.

Practical plebeian folk judge a thing only by its immediate touch, taste, and smell; while more delicate types form their estimates from the linked images and ideas which the object calls up in their minds. Now when 16:10s and 16:9s are considered, the stolid churl sees only the two monitors before him, and bases his favour on their relative capacity to pander to his sloppy, unformed ideas of visual artistry.

On the other hand the gentleman and thinker sees each in all its natural affiliations, and cannot fail to notice that in the great symmetries of 16:9 monitors fall in with slovenly pulp movies created by peasant-burghers, whilst 16:10 monitors stand proudly with the highest art conceived by man such as the Mona Lisa by Leonardo DaVinci and the Parthenon.

16:9 monitors are the hieroglyphs of blind emotion, inferiority, servile attachment, and gregariousness - the attributes of commonplace, stupidly passionate, and intellectually and imaginatively undeveloped men.

16:10 monitors are the runes of beauty, invincibility, wonder, pride, freedom, coldness, self-sufficiency, and dainty individuality - the qualities of sensitive, enlightened, mentally developed, pagan, cynical, poetic, philosophic, dispassionate, reserved, independent, Nietzschean, unbroken, civilised, master-class men.

16:9 is a peasant and the 16:10 is a gentleman.

You can always buy a bigger screen instead of being autistic about aspect ratio.

this, fuck all you other idiots and the idiots that bought 16:9 or some other stupid shit.

this. 16:9 is for movie watchers.

programming on a 16:9 is fucking hell. 16:10 is so much more natural.

Movies are 2.35:1 to 2.39:1
Only TV and childish video games are 1.77:1 (16:9)

>16:10 dell monitor
Which model, user?

>50 pixels of additional height change everything!
I understand 4:3: window title bars, task bars, all of this was designed with that ratio in mind and widescreen still wastes a lot of space on them, but 16:10 fags are fucking retarded.

>TV

yeah, HDTV is the reason why all these new monitors are 16:9. There's like 2 companies that make 90% of LCD panels so when they make small TVs, they also make computer monitors.

But actually working on 16:9 screens is absolute hell because you have so little vertical space and if you split horizontally into two, you don't have enough screen real estate to actually see two documents side-by side.

Okay, you got me. 5:4 looks comfy as fuck

1:1 is best but too expensive

>works with documents
>still haven't rotated his screen

> Those 120 extra vertical pixels might not seem like a lot on paper, but our pick’s extra space makes a difference in your daily web browsing, spreadsheet editing, and game playing.

The difference is more noticeable once you have menu bars. Then the relative gain is even more.

1080x1920
only way if you actually want to do work.

>1080x1920
>only way if you actually want to do work.
1920x1920 is better.

>tfw 16:9 gayman monitor, one vertical and one horizontal 16:10 muh productivity monitors
anything 16:9 is retarded on 16:10 so you need both

>You can always buy a bigger screen instead of being autistic about aspect ratio.
Stop being a retard. Bigger monitor doesnt necessarily mean diff aspect ratio.

I've seen 24" & 25" monitors with a 1920x1080 resolution. That's fucking retarded.

Jealousy.

If you need more vertical space buy a bigger monitor. It's that simple.

>1920x1920

yeah, it's the stupidest combination in the world.
short monitors for watching movies +
every application including browsers having so many fucking bars at the top and bottom of the screen and nothing on the sides.
leading to bullshit like facebook and twitter having content only in the middle third of the screen and gigantic white space on the left and right.

>mechanical keyboard
>trackball
>square monitor
10/10

She's missing Google Glass, otherwise all meme tech is there.

Do I look jealous to you? That stuff is all disgusting.

Or I could just buy a 1440p monitor for the same price.

1440p > 1200p

8:5 is snake oil marketed to morons. just like audiophile crap

Pleb / gamer spotted.
Let me guess, you use a 144 Hz TN monitor and a """gaming mouse""".

>all those memes in support for 16:10
>still haven't mentioned the golden ratio
Slacking off, memesters. 16:9 and 4:3, the rest is meme.

>still haven't mentioned the golden ratio
Wrong. Mentioned here:
>Mona Lisa by Leonardo DaVinci and the Parthenon
Both artworks rely on the Golden Ratio at their core.

>19:9 is fucking retard-tier
I'm sure you know first hand OP

I have a Corsair m65, but I have a 1080p IPS display.

>tfw no 16:10 144hz monitor exists

>I need 144 Hz 16:9 monitor for my generic run-of-the-mill first person shooter so I can pretend to be a real soldier

What's wrong with a high refresh rate? It;s nice not seeing trails on your cursor.

you know what i like to play pc games and i want to have a better quality monitor. so i am going to make a smart purchase and enjoy myself while i laugh at you using the $7 goodwill monitor that still has the sticker on it

>mfw using a 27 inch 1080p factory calibrated ips monitor that runs at 60hz

try a 144hz monitor
just return it if you dont like it geez

this

This

It's often cheaper to buy two 16:9 displays instead of one 16:10 display

enjoy wasting money

>16:10
>resolution

pick two to be a retard

Human vision is 16:9. There is literally no reason to use anything else.

>not using 16.1803398875:10

agreed 16:10 is god tier
21:9 is meme
16:9 is meh
4:3 is good but not practical for everything
1:1 is only for specifics

>Human vision is 16:9
[citation needed]

google.com

First result for “aspect ratio of human vision”

tl;dr you're full of shit

34" is really big for an average desk and your viewing distance from it.
It's nicer mounted on a wall or something or a really deep desk where it can a little further back.
I was going to get two 34" monitors but I was worried I would feel like I'm sitting way too close to a TV so I got two 29" ones and I'm glad I did.

>anime

You need to be 18 years or older to post on Sup Forums.

>verticality is all that matters
use the monitor rotated 90 degrees if you're that concerned about it

Honestly, how can you people afford to be pick about aspect ratios when there's usually only like 1 or 2 good monitors meeting your criteria?

If the manufacturers decided to make that monitor 16:9, I'll use 16:9. If they decided to make it 16:10, I'll use 16:10. If they decided to make it 256:135, I'll use 256:135..

Aspect ratio is almost meaningless at the end of the day, what matters is 1. display quality and 2. working area

>Tfw 3x 1920x1200 IPS twenty-odd inch

2:1 is the only God-tier aspect ratio.
Everything else is retarded.

If you need to do stuff use 21:9 faggot

not √2:1

Has a company made a 16:10 1200p 144hz monitor yet? I don't want to step up to 1440p just yet

I hate using OS X on a 16:9 monitor. If I have to, I move the dock onto the side.

>using nonstandard shit