youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM
tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html
mooc.fi/courses/2013/programming-part-1/
shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023463.do
wikihow.com/Cascade-Routers
pcpartpicker.com/user/MowDownJoe/saved/Fg4tt6
imgur.com/a/7sSMC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't find any good explanations outta the space.
Can someone explain what is the difference in the encryption theme between "cipher" and a "challenge"?

A family member is offering me money to build a (pretty basic) website. I've never developed a website commercially before but I built some pretty good things for university assignments so I'm confident I can do it. Should I take up his offer? If so, what's a reasonable price to charge in bongmonies?

Is MEMZ.exe safe? I recieved it in a facebook message but im not sure if I can trust it.
They said it only works if I dissable my norton

Waiting on a confirmation for this.
Chances are I'm gonna do it either way tomorrow at this point.

If you never heard something about HTML, CSS and JS and you can use it right, don't take the offer.

wtf... no, get some brain fgt.

Not sure what to do with a laptop I have at the moment. Right now I want to sell it because value is dropping like a rock. Nothing is really wrong with it, besides the manufacturer dropped "testing of the device" with Windows10.

Highest value was told $150. Don't know if I should bite the bullet and sell.

Thoughts?

oh, are we on antiques roadshow?
>nah, we on pawn stars!
you sure it's not eBay?
>someone shilling stolen shit again
give it back, Tyrone!

Posting this again since the last thread ended before I posted it there, and I didn't realize it until after.

If I already have the stuff and it's on my computer, am I at risk? If I keep connecting to the internet but stop torrenting 100%, is that fine and dandy, or will they be able to say "hey, we just checked this guy and he had our files"!

It's worth mentioning I always run Peerblock when I torrent. That's not going to help enough? I don't see the point in paying for a VPN or seedbox so I can avoid paying for other stuff.

It's worth mentioning I mostly go after stuff I don't think I'm likely to get sued for. Tons of anime, some indie games (the ones I didn't want to support financially, like when I wanted to try FNAF knowing it was probably shit). I have some older movies, but stay away from bigger or newer stuff since like 13 months ago I got an email from my internet provider saying "X company has logged you as illegally getting Y movie at Z time, we're protecting your faggot ass and didn't give them details yet but you've got a strike now". Apparently the strike goes away after 1 year of good behavior according to their websites terms on this shit, so maybe I'm "clean" again.

Sorry to be an annoying faggot, this isn't the sort of shit I'd ask in a place that isn't anonymous. When I got that movie I got a strike for, they actually emailed me with the strike the next day. If they caught me with something smaller, like an anime strike, would it be an instant email or would they try to be coy and just record it and wait until they can say "haha, we got 4 strikes against you and didn't mention it yet, so now we'll sue you!"?

Will UW Seattle give a shit if I torrent chinese cartoons over the campus internet?

Seriously, no one was interested until I got around $200. Still got the original drivers disk and box(I keep all the boxes for all my tech).

Just want to get a Surface pro since it keeps ducking on sale every odd week of the month.

Probably, just go hang out at a Starbucks or another place with free internet and torrent there.

How can I get rid of my TI-74 without tossing it or at great cost to myself? I don't want to junk something this neat but I don't want to keep it.

Don't do it over campus internet user, they'll see someone's downloading massive amounts of shit and wonder why and how. Seattle isn't some hick town, right? They'll have people who can say "Yeah, this IP is gonna be blah blah blah, it'll probably be illegal downloads, check the devices belonging to this room/person".

If you have a laptop (and you should if you're a student downloading illegal shit on wifi), just go to a Mcdonalds or Library with free wifi. Yeah, you'll have to sit there with a laptop like a doofus, but it's unlikely anyone will question you. Maybe download the .torrent files you want on campus, and then get all the pieces when you're at a Mcdonalds or Starbucks or some shit. If anyone asks (they won't) tell them you're an author or just a bored student. Open a word document of some school shit, it's easy.

Am I gay?

Probably. I mean, you're posting here without answering previous questions or supplying relevant questions.

Rate my Budget Mini-ITX build

Link:
pcpartpicker.com/list/jCtJM8

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($118.69 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.94 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus H110I-PLUS/CSM Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($82.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($40.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.39 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card ($144.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450W Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $644.98

How do I poo in loo?

How do I stop sucking dick?

I have a really bad problem with Fedora Linux, it won't boot after the inatall. It keeps saying I need to restart the inatall

So recently I installed an SSD as my OS/boot drive. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 onto it while my previous OS drive was disconnected. I installed my drivers and everything without much problem. Formatted my old OS drive, and got everything configured.
But the system is not running smoothly. I have 2.8 gb of RAM being used at all times, even with nothing running. There is often stuttering when performing tasks. If I am listening to music it will become choppy or stutter as well, especially if I am doing something else.

Whereas I would run games very smoothly before with high fps and no stuttering, I now get massive stuttering and noticeably lower frames, though reinstalling the drivers did nothing. I never had any issues with multitasking.

Everything ran fine before switching over to this Windows install, is this install just botched? Do I need to reinstall and pray that doing everything all over again will be successful?

I would bit the bullet and install a linux distro on this machine but I already run debian on my thinkpad and use this machine for photo editing and playing vidya occasionally.

R u gay?

Why would anyone pay for a VPN or Seedbox. Someone else mentioned Peerblock, which is free.

If you aren't doing anything super criminal (like, you go to jail instead of getting sued civilly) why bother? If privacy that important for computers?

Please inform me, I'm an anime-watching casual who doesn't know shit about this. People on Sup Forums talk about this stuff, but they aren't nearly as helpful as Sup Forums tends to be.

Should I break up with someone if they hate this?

youtube.com/watch?v=cA9AXvD09CM

Reposting because of lack of answers:
I need your help, Sup Forums. I just got a Chromecast and I want to be able to stream videos directly from my FTP server to the Chromecast. Unfortunately, literally every single app that claims to be able to do this wants you to install their client on a Windows desktop, then it will access the FTP server from your desktop, stream it to your phone, then cast it from your phone to the Chromcast.
Is there anything that can actually do it, or is there only fucking retarded non-solutions like what I just outlined above?

It's like a P.O. box.

What I find helps the best is also bringing some old assignments with you, preferably with big red markings. People instantly buy the "revising my work" excuse when you've got work there with you.

--no-install-recommends

Yes or no?

>Should I replace the foam they put over the RAM with more paste?
WTF are you on about with this?

fkcing answer, bump!

ask your question in fucking English then.

Es file explorer can access ftp as well as steam any media to ccast. Try it.

Basically, you can install gentoo on anything that is supported, right?
Can I install it on my old windows phone? Its battery is shit so I bought a new phone recently.

Ah, sorry for my korean language based question, wtf. You wanna tell me now, you can't understand my question, srsly?

Help I don't like africa

Not that guy.

Your question makes no sense. "What's the difference between a cipher and a challenge" is akin to saying what's the difference between a car and a cat.

Additionally, you're here for our help. Demanding it, with posts like
>fkcing answer, bump!
won't get you that help.

I watched movies and saw that people can hack windows password just by sticking their USB into the PC.
Is it real? I want to do that too.

>creating backup so i can do a fresh install of w7
>use acer's built in program
>w/e
>asks to burn 4 dvd's

Is there an easier way around this?
I mean, I can go out and buy 4 dvd's but that's fucking annoying.

I've got an iMac laying around that's about 10 years old, is there anything useful I can do with it or should I just use it to fuck around with different linux distros and shit?

VPNs are like a condom. If you use it right it pretty much always works. Peerblock is like joining a frat and getting a recommended list of girls who don't seem slutty enough to have STDs, but you're going to be boning new girls every weekend for a year. The list may be technically better than nothing, but you're still gonna catch 'em all.

In other words peerblock has almost no effect. If you want to take your chances with your ISP go ahead. Let us know how that turns out.

If I want to use a condenser microphone I hear I should use a phantom power supply and an external sound card. What would be the best bang for my buck in that regard?

Nope. It can stream images or music from my FTP, but when trying to play video it just says "Sorry, operation failed"

How the fuck do I add a bus in qemu?
Like a IDE, PCI, or virtio bus.
Yes I know I can just use the presets in -machine but I want to try building a machine from scratch with -machine set to none.

Use macrium reflect to backup your system onto an external. Or if you don't care about the preinstalled bloatware just get you windows key and a windows iso and make that your backup.

It's really not hard to change a windows password if you can boot to another drive. Also if you boot linux all the files are just sitting there with no protection at all, NTFS permissions be damned.

>Using exfx
Get Solid Explorer man. Much lighter, cleaner, faster, and no shoveling shit or adware.

That's not a lot of ram. The system intentionally takes up ram when it's not in use. Assuming your problems really are new and you didn't mess anything up in your installation or physically while you had the case open, I would try running sfc /scannow in the command line to check that none of your system files are corrupt, and try scanning the drive with whatever utility it's company put out to make sure it's in good shape.

On a budget, whats a better GPU for a small form factor build, GT 730 vs r7 250?

Need help on how to create a sum of numbers in two separate table in MS word.

its easy to do in a single tabel but i have two separate tabels in 1 page in MS word so how do i put the sum of the 1st tabel into the 2nd table.

tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html

If you're going lower than these maybe think about sticking with integrated graphics.

Excel.

Spoof your mac address

I have an old CPU that doesn't support integrated graphics (i7 870) my HD 4550 is dying on me.

Yeah.
It's mostly a shit hole anyways.
Virt manager can help if you don't know what you're doing.

It's a paid app tho. Doesn't even have a free version. ES removes the addons in the paid version and their free version is actually pretty good.

Failed to load media on the cast device.
Is it just impossible to do or something?

What's the point of containers?

Like, I already have this Linux server up and running. Why would I throw a container on top of it? What do I gain?

ES went to shit when I recently updated it.

Might the problem be that my hard-drive is just old and doesn't work anymore?
I also couldn't get into windows but I haven't changed anything since it worked.

Then upgrade your CPU/mobo instead. It's time.

How can I tell if Thermal Paste has gone bad? I have Noctua NT-H1 that is about 3 years old and it keeps the shape of the tube instead of just becoming a glob. Maybe it'll be fine if it heats up, but still.

It has a trial.

>ES removes the addons in the paid version
Are you being serious right now? It's called adware, by the way.

But hey, keep using ESFX. If you're cool with their previous fuck ups and other such conduct, that's fine.

>NTFS permissions be damned.
As if it matters whether it's NTFS or ext4 when you already have physical access and the drive isn't encrypted

Completely serious. The free version has two built in components that are mildly annoying but don't really get in the way of anything. I've never had anything but good experiences with ES. It picked up NTFS formatted flashdrives long before my device or any other file explorers could, and it's file sharing abilities are solid. If you have links to any concrete issues with it I'd be happy to see them.

>It has a trial.

A free trial? Well that solves everything! Good thing I only need two weeks to arrange my files perfectly so I'll never need a manager again!

it's a HP prebuilt with a propietary PSU, just trying to squeeze a bit more life out of this

What can I use to send and receive emails with image attachments anonymously?

Help

>not booting a windows 7 iso to a 4gb flash
>not fresh installing with that
kek my dude, i went through this yesterday

What's a good tablet? I want to listen to music and watch anime on it. Can I use my own hdd on it? Also can I use a linux os?

>anything that is supported

Yes you can put the thing on anything the thing can be put on. However your phone is not one of those things. You probably can't change it's OS at all. But feel free to look it up on XDA and google to see if anything fun pops up.

Then find the cheapest thing on craigslist, bar none.

Please, I've read the message but it doesn't tell me anything about what's wrong.
That thing shouldn't be missing.

PGP

Install rEFInd

It does sound like a hardware problem, since it affects both OS's and you supposedly didn't change something.

I'd try reinstalling grub (I guess that's what you use).
If that doesn't work, reformat the /boot partition and reinstall grub.
If that doesn't work, throw the hard drive into the trash.

Is there such a thing as AMD/Intel exclusive RAM? I was looking at this set of DDR2 RAM on eBay, and they mentioned that it only works with AMD motherboards. How is that even possible?

I need some DVDs for data backup.

DVD + R or DVD - R ?

How do i get into Java programming? Book recommendation or something?

How to How to make Laptop A share folders with laptop B?
Pic is related.

DVD+R. The only reason to use minus is for compatibility with legacy equipment.

right click folder
allow everyone permission
Go to other laptop
run
\\ip address\foldername

So the devices on the left are both routers and router B is connected directly to router A by ethernet?

mooc.fi/courses/2013/programming-part-1/ and shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920023463.do

What operating system(s)?

PGP isn't anonymous you idiot.

Not what I meant.
But thanks for replying.
Yes.
I'm connected to ISP through broadband, using NanoStation.
That is connected to router A which in turn connected to router B.
I have devices connected to router A, and devices connected to router B.
How do I share folders between those?
>What operating system(s)?
GNU/Linux, Windows and android.

PGA?

Nice get.

If i can set my discrete GPU as the OpenGL accelerator while running Integrated as the display output, that means that my GPU is muxless right?

How do I stop windows 10 from scanning every .exe file before executing it? I've disabled defender and whatnot but it still takes forever to launch an exe.

get a ess ess dee

My Windows 10 calendar is stuck on 2250 and it won't let me go back any further than 2249. The date and time settings are normal and everything else displays the correct date. How do I fix it?

That doesnt stop a process using 30% cpu for 10-15 seconds before launching an exe.

>implying I have shitty spinning disks

kekd

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAAA
He fell for the windows meme!

I don't know, that's pretty fucked. Check the date in your bios.

>a computer from the future

What's the best way to be able to LAN ssh into devices that occasionally switch ip?
Not fond of static IP's

>Windows 10

Theres your problem. Heres your solution.

Gaming in mind when asking these questions, no rendering or anything.
>RAM
What effect do memory size, speed and latency have in my system and what do i need to care about? Do i need the higher speed or the bigger size and what pros/cons would these have?

In my specific case: currently have g skill F3-10600CL9D. 1333mhz 2x4GB. I guess thats pretty bad and maybe little money can increase much. If we are talking gaming use, is speed more important? Would 16GB even make a difference? I could get another 2x4GB of my current RAM or a new pair of 2x4GB with maybe like 2400mhz for approx the same price, what is the better choice? Will there even be a notable difference?
I dont have a skylake or DDR4 mainboard so just out of curiosity, is DDR4 remotely worth the cost?
My PC is very cool and silent so heat spreaders are of little importance, is the GB and MHz number the only important thing then or is the more expensive module from the better brand still preferable or do i not have to care as long as these numbers match? What do latencies mean, not technically or benchmark talking, does anyone care about that?

>monitoring RAM
When monitoring RAM while playing, am i just looking at the available size to see if it clogs up and lessens the overall performance or is there something more to it like speed of processing, which would be important?

>i5 v i7
if i buy a CPU purely for gaming and average Joe stuff, is there a reason to even look at i7? Hyperthreading doesnt add anything still. The physical core frequency is generally capped higher with i7, right? So if i want to achieve a certain performance goal (e.g. pair it with GTX10XX) i need to choose an i7? But thats also because of the higher end hardware, not the specific i7 features, huh

>gaming pc
why though, there's only a handful of games that would need it and they all suck
what drives this purchase

I'm running a stock clock i7 920 @2.6ghz

If I overclock and get a current gen gpu 480/1060 would it be much of a bottleneck?

mobo is a p6t-se.

Can anyone suggest a good, lightweight version of Linux for a Linux beginner? A quick Google search led me to Lubuntu, would that be a good choice?

Alternatively I'm considering going with Windows XP and just trying to get some program to make it recognise the laptop's wireless card

Currently running Win 7 on an ageing laptop. It's absolutely in fine shape, and suitable for how I use it (browsing and watching videos only) but it's a little sluggish with Win 7 and it's just totally unnecessary

Put the nanostation in bridging mode, and make router B a client/Access Point instead of making it do unnecessary additional routing.

Or set up a lan-to-lan cascade between the routers

wikihow.com/Cascade-Routers

So, for some reason, when I was installing the processor for my build, I didn't see the notches that key the processor in a certain direction. And obviously, when I tried to power it on, it wouldn't stay on for even a second. Eventually, I realized my goof and removed the cooler and inspected the processor. Two corners were bent up, but as far as I could tell, no contacts were damaged. I flipped the processor around and installed it properly. And powering the rig on was closer to successful. (The internals stayed powered, but I had a cheapo monitor connected to the onboard video card which was displaying nothing.)

I haven't done a build in 8 years, so the new CPU socket threw me for a loop. (No ZIF socket? No pins? Just contacts?) I haven't hooked up and sealed in everything yet, and am a little worried with how the onboard video card performed (or rather, didn't). Should I keep going, or swallow my pride and buy a replacement CPU?

My build, for the curious: pcpartpicker.com/user/MowDownJoe/saved/Fg4tt6

imgur.com/a/7sSMC