Is the Nexus 6p the phone to get?

I'm looking for a reliable android, decent camera, with a good bit of space.

Lookup nexus 6p bend test, that should answer your question as it did mine.

Also: Huawei

It is sad that you think a phone's tendency to break in half when a fairly strong adult male bends it with all his might is a legitimate reason not to get said phone.

Nexus 6p owner here, OP. Had it since day 1 and still love it. Hasn't broken in half, hasn't stolen my credit card, etc. All around great phone.

Try not to pay too much attention to the memers.

given how badly google fucked nexus 5 owners, you probably shouldn't buy any nexus devices unless they were released in the last 6 months. the nexus 6p is almost a year old already.

Nexus 5x if you don't have much money is great.

Says a lot about the company's reliability/quality if their product's quality is as shitty as the 6p.

Wait for the next Nexus

stfu

All his might? Dude when you see hands rumbling to split a phone (nexus 5x bend test) that's when you know it required effort, lets not even forget the permanent burn effect on the phone.

Also as has been in my case - a broken phone is better than a hard-bricked/no phone. I'd rather have a busted up phone with a stable plastic foundation than a shitty metal foundation.

It doesn't have to be in an idealized situation like that nor does it even need to be split in half. That screen fuckin broke from a hardness 7 test! just imagine it in your jeans pocket with sand.

Ideally I'd wait on a nexus 7, but seeing as tomorrrow is my termination date from my contracted carrier I'll gladly get a 5x over a 6p on proj fi.

hahah okay. i'm sure pretending that didn't happen won't come back to bite you in the ass.

Even the LG G5 with its detachable bottom survived, pathetic!

not the guy you're replying to, but the whole thumb gouging movement isn't a realistic one. you're never putting that kind of localized force on your device, and if you are then it's because you're trying to break your phone.

these tests are amusing in the same way that it's amusing to see if your phone will blend, but taking this shit seriously is stupid. and applying that test to the projection of sand in your pocket is retarded.

don't act like a retard or we'll mistake you for one.

The only nice thing I can say about LG is their V10 line the G series can go fuck itself with how many overheating/bootloops/hard-bricking reports I received over their lifetime.

I've had the G3, and now I have the G5

G3 did overheat, no bootloop
G5 doesn't overheat for me, and I've not got a bootloop (though I'm using official software).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would wait. Really like the look of the 6p and want it even with its flaws. I dont like spending money on phones so I have a 2 year old OPO that is still fine but I want a safe OS. At least as safe as possible.

Anyway, I'm probably gonna get the new nexus because of the direct updates from google. Not gonna get the 6p because of the bending in your pocket issue, the outdated specs and the bad customer service (supposedly). I'd advise to do the same. Also just one more year of updates? Fuck that

Also was looking into the op3 but one plus is sloe on the is updates so meh.

>implying that trying to change someone's view on an anonymous imageboard isn't already retarded.

Again it's not about that explicit position/Thumb gouging, it's where the force is applied elsewhere. Also if you're a city-fag you have no clue what conditions would warrant a more structurally stable phone.

Also sand is pretty much the #1 thing that'll ruin your screen, I'm not seeing how that's a variable I shouldn't be considering. And seeing as how I've ruined screens (S5 and G3) from sand in my pocket. I would definitely see it as possible that the 6p's screen would do that and worse. (lets say it's worse case scenario.and I was at the beach with skinny jeans - all it takes is just a little bit of pressure to kill that screen) I don't see it as acceptable to have to worry about taking my phone out of my jeans before I bend over or sit somewhere.

And no man, a blender is far too much of an exaggeration and doesn't utilize reference scaling. There is an 'amusement' factor but this is less for entertainment and more for practicality.

Lucky dog my G3 was entirely stock and official software and no updates (cuz updates always slow down the phone)

I bwt they have the G series down with the 5 but I just despise that they took away the back volume controls.

where on the phone and why are you placing that kind of pressure?

also how does not living in a city make it obvious to you why you would put this kind of pressure on your phone?

sand is something you should be considering, but using the thumb test to predict resilience to sand is incredibly stupid of you.

no, get an iphone 6s plus

What kind of faggot are you?

get a gf instead

Already got one queer.

the next nexus-models are around the corner, why would you buy a year-old model?

Why?
Because i need a phone relatively soon.

>where on the phone and why are you placing that kind of pressure?

There is no why - the point I'm making is the unintentional actions that have occurred despite precautions.

If the phone is rotated face up and you have thicker thighs than a normal built human being you already have pressure on the unit standing up, sitting down you multiply that factor (theoretically) by 1.5 . Lets say you don't have deep pockets or your wallet/money is down at the bottom- that repositions your phone higher at a pressure point/all on the surface area of the screen.

Lets say it's in a laptop bag/backpack (no sand but,) you come he after a tired night and you let the case go a bit too high/with a great combination of momentum and the weight and mass contents of the bag you've definitely got a broken screen. This is what chipped my S5.

>sand is something you should be considering, but using the thumb test to predict resilience to sand is incredibly stupid of you.

Are you saying thumb as in the tools he used? Because the results he did on the G3 with the 7/8 scale (forgot which one it was) were identical to the damage that was on my g3 with the sand in my pocket

if you can't come up with a reasonable scenario where you're putting that much force in the area of a thumbprint, then this is a retarded discussion. everything else you're writing sounds like desperate rationalizing. if you have a phone that you like a lot, great, but please don't trick yourself into thinking this criterion matters at all.

it would be less horse shit of you to just say that you like the way your preferred phone feels in your hand. that's subjective, but at least it's honest.

Alrighty well if I had a phone that I liked (that is compatible with my plans) that'd be great.

Since you were asking for that thumbprint example I don't have one and didn't bring up one, I'm sorry for misleading you.

I never elaborated on that the screen seems easier to break than the other phones of its time - which is what I forgot to add. And have a pretty good feeling that the screen would Break (not bend) due to the rationalized statements I brought up.

6P is an awesome phone, you won't regret it.

>I'm looking for a reliable android, decent camera, with a good bit of space.
Post here if you ever find one. There are many looking for the same. Beware of false prophets.

It is fucking awesome, recommend it so much.
>user, what is your background?
Had previously Redmi note 3, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Asus Zenfone 2 to name some. This is the best one so far.

Nigga, unless you sit on it it's not a problem.

Nexus 5 is 3 years old. Google pretty much always drips all 3 year old devices.

This, very nice phone.

Nexus 6p is so much better tho. Faster, nicer to use, better fingerprint reader, better screen.

screen on my 6p has a yellow tint. is this normal?

Fuck LG and there shit phones, never again! My G3 has fucking terrible battery life, and lagged and ran like shit at all fucking times. Thank God I replaced it for a Note 5, I had a 6000mAh battery on the thing and my current phone can get around the same battery life.

>Can't afford product x
>Product x sucks!

yiff in hell, br/o/ny

>hiding the falcon's posts

why?

He's a faggot. He's butthurt attentionwhoring because no one uses his site anymore.

If you've ever seen huawei's phones you'd know they're not worth as much as $600 usd. Besides that's mid tier phone range it's okay for the price (ie the hardware) but I can't trust it for longevity.

Besides you could've at least put up a pic of the note 7 since that's $900 it has a shit tonne of features but it still sucks due to the forced curved screen. Oh and TouchJizz

I'd much rather pay for the 5x now and get a possible 7 in the future that doesn't have as many design flaws.

Did you modify dpi? If so what are you set at?