Hey guise

hey guise

recently germany has started using xkeyscore after being trained by the NSA.

I ran out of aluminum hats so now my question is: how else can I protect myself from this shit?

what I already do:

no social media
using VPN (PIA - mostly using dutch servers)
browsing with noscript etc
tor (only when I want to double up security)

tor sadly is slow as fuck but probably there are other ways to secure my connections.

I have two notebooks which run on mint with fulldisk encryption (ext4 - aes256).

all my data is backed on two external hard drives also ext4 - aes256

do you have suggestions or tips for me? thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/how-the-nsa-can-break-trillions-of-encrypted-web-and-vpn-connections/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Watch some Steven Rambam videos on youtube, realize you no way to protect yourself.

not exactly what I wanted to hear but yeah I will do so

if xkeyscore wos correctly described by snow, BND collects data from isps. Do a vpn too freedom countries.

that's what I already do

>HTTPS Everywhere
>No script
>Ublock Origin
>VPN

Sollte für den normalen Gebrauch reichen.

Don't use internet

Nsa can already intercept vpn traffic. You'd want to change keys every few hours.

please post a source for that

/faden
there isn't really much more you should do unless you're an edgy 12 year old annoymemoose h4cker

ignore people like that
they only fuck with your brain and drag you down to their own level of insanity

Should be reasonable. Some VPNs change the key every hour.

arstechnica.com/security/2015/10/how-the-nsa-can-break-trillions-of-encrypted-web-and-vpn-connections/

The horrific insanity of reality.

if you downloaded tor from the official website, you're already listed. iirc there was an article on spiegel online when the first NSA leaks were analyzed.
as for your full disk encryption check if they aren't prone to watermarking

you said can while that article yells theoretically could
based on the assumption of just one guy even

wat

What do you mean by watermarking?

that's good news. I don't think I'm being a target for any gov but I just want to do what I can do without stop using the internet. I do that. sadly PIA doesn't change keys automatically and I cannot set an interval for changing .. is there any service that does that automatically?

for getting new .iso files and downloading tor I was pretty paranoid. fresh mint (not the infected one) on a live usb, then used a burner notebook to download a tails .iso at a safeport at my university. I know that sounds crazy but I wanted to be sure to have a clean .iso of tails. yes I know about checksum. seemed good.

uMatrix > noScript

VPN providers all cooperate with the NSA, because while the providers don't keep logs most of the time, the NSA keeps their logs for them.
Not to mention the NSA has tools to break down VPNs as if they weren't there (probably the cisco backdoors)