I just lost all my uni work

Wangblows ten skull fucked me again, what do i do Sup Forums?

Sure

Install Gentoo.
Then restore everything from your backups.

this is the correct response.i bet you sure are glad that you've got good backups, eh op?

It's really weird. I think it fucked up installing the anniversary update. It spent over an hour on a black screen, so I decided to shut the lid to try and wake it. It did wake, but the screen was still black. However, I was able to log in with the fingerprint reader (I know it logged in because I heard the cancer Skype pop). I've tried using external displays, pressing windows P, ctl-alt-del etc. Nothing works.

i know how to fix this - i've posted it in the sitcky for you

Boot from safe mode or recovery CD

How is it even possible to lose all your work? Do you not backup to even botnet drive or anything? I was in college 07-11 with a 1TB WD external USB 2 drive and even I managed to never, ever lose a project or assignment. It's literally inexcusable in >current year to lose important data. Also you ran a significant update to an already unstable OS with no backup? What the hell is wrong with you?

Force shut down the pc (long press the power button) and boot again. I have it all the time, that's win 10 for you

Use a live USB your data is probably still there, do a backup and reinstall a proper OS, not the Win10 shitware.

Sue them

Don't worry OP.

Just go to Best Buy® and contact their award-winning Geek Squad® team! They'll fix your laptop and restore all of your files, guaranteed!

Either use 7 or 8.1, or simply migrate to linux. Ubuntu/Mint are considered newbie friendly distros.

This doesn't even happen to Arch. The fuck is Windows doing?

Anyway OP they rolled a new update to fix this, just start in safemode or some if windows still have that and update your shit.

Boot from linux mint off live cd. Also I have noticed problems with not using a local account. Other than that, all of the features that windows 10 stole are pretty nifty for erase and reload ( ^:

Well fuck me. Windows added a live usb recovery tool to their advanced troubleshooting options at some point. I recovered all my files. Thanks Sup Forums for the kind messages. I'd honestly use Linux if I wasn't so dependent on Windows exclusive programs like adobe after effects etc.

That was added back in Windows 7.

Oh okay, never noticed it then..

>windows exclusive programs
>adobe

adobe programs are not exclusive to windows. plus there's WINE which is easy as hell to use.

> hurrr durrr look at me tumblr im a huge fucking tech illiterate retard for not doing backups

fuck off you own fucking fault for being retarded and now you pay for it.

mail the NSA and ask them for the backup copy

casual pleb.