youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He isn't though

And
>very talented
>only hobby
>good environment
Should be a couple of ood reasons

Must be all that time he didn't waste on a toilet.

TOO EASY

I don't really think that's an achievement since I have no interest at all in programming

He isn't, just a pajeet being the code monkey he is.

Because I work in aviation and have no need to code?

Are you so assblasted that a 12 year old is smarter than you that you need to create a thread where other equally buttblasted fucklords can come and make you feel better about your inadequacies?

Computer says yes.

so you conceded to a 12 year old

> He built an app aimed at helping children learn multiplication, at an age he too would be familiarizing himself with arithmetic.

Fuck that. Kids his age do algebra and Cartesian planes.

A 12 year old is better than you at speaking the pajeet language. Have you considered killing yourself?

Good for him.

Read the article, his skills are programming a RaspPi to talk to Watson and take photos, as well as 'having expertise in several programming languages.' This is sensationalism.

Don't worry, anons, you are still valid.

>ITT retards hating on a child that is smarter than them

fucking kek! this board is so pathetic.

Kids his age are doing PhDs in Physics

We work in different fields though.

Physics isn't impressive, it's women studies tier.

he looks like beast from x-men

Because i am not a minority so i have to actually have to achieve something instead of being praised for something hundred thousand of other people can do

cause I only coded for like 12 hours in my entire life lmao

parents: "At first we thought we had a genius in our hands, he was incredibally smart but then the doctor diagnosed him autistic, now we don't know what to do"

what is it about society pushing for younger and younger coders?

I get that it's easier to learn a foreign language when your brain is still developing but god damn

Ask me how I know you're a female math major

> genius at programming
>"These sorts of things come pretty often in programming," Bakshi said. "You just have to keep trying until it works."
>It just werks.

This is just another retarded journo trying to push that POCs are genius thing just like with the black guy.

Kid: "Hope this formula, when solved, tells me how to get pussy. If not, it's an hero for me!"

>being this upset he's smarter than you

top kek

An extremely tiny minority of kids yes. But you're not fucking learning multiplication at 12 years old. That's third grade shit.

fuck off pajeet

I always wondered how do you achieve that at young age?

I don't mean understanding high-end physics but convincing the teachers to advance you through classes quickier than anyone else, do you have just to show to be much more proficient or you have to request tests?

>But you're not fucking learning multiplication at 12 years old. That's third grade shit.

> After three rejections, Apple's App Store accepted "tTables" in February 2013. He was nine at the time.

He built the multiplication app at age 9.

I guess you can add reading comprehension to the list of things where he's better than you.

Nothing he's done seems impressive, even for someone his age. He's not a genius; the only difference between him and any other kid is someone bothered to teach him.

parents are forcing it

>Writing on windows

Because writing on paper or on a blackboard is too pleb.

No, he's 17 and doing masters

He was home-schooled.

His mother brought him to a few physics lectures at the local university because he asked her and the professors took notice I guess. Since she showed the capacity and ability to understand everything they enrolled him I guess.

I watched some videos on him, there was this one professor that took particular interest in him so they probably just got him to pass some HS equivalent test and enrolled him in the uni.

Honestly if you home-schooled a kid only in subjects relevant to his future major (math, chemistry and physics in the case of studying physics) it probably wouldn't take that long to get him to an average undergrad level.

It's pretty cool this kid can program at such a young age, but its not that impressive. There's kids his age getting their masters/phd.

Interesting to know, but if this was more common place wouldn't this show how bad and time wasting is the teaching method of both public and private schools?

There's really no reason to teach kids anything other than math and English(or whatever your native tongue is). If kids want to branch out to other subjects let them do it later on. Communicating and problem solving are the most important skills we should possess imo.

He's 18 and a PhD student.

perimeterinstitute.ca/people/Jacob-Barnett

He'll probably have his PhD completed by the time he's 19-20 which is when the average person is starting their undergrad studies.

The youngest person ever to complete a non meme phd program was a Korean, Kim Ung-Yong (15) who worked for NASA for 10 years as a literal human calculator.

He described the experience as “I led my life like a machine – I woke up, solved the daily assigned equation, ate, slept, and so forth. I really didn’t know what I was doing, and I was lonely and had no friends.”.

He's indian, it's a lie.

Every asian/indian/other foreign race kid you see in the media for being a "whiz kid" is always pure bullshit. His dad did whatever they're saying he did.

Yup, and he probably commit suicide freshman year when he realizes everyone resents him and nobody wants to be his friend.

The average parent is totally unfit to educate their child properly. It's rare that someone can dedicate 4-5 hours of their day to be their child's tutor, an it's more rare that someone with no background in it can do it extremely well.

>Having a high IQ means you will succeed in life!

I imagine he'll have no troubles making at least some professional friends and acquaintances with his research colleagues.

But yeah he kind of skipped childhood and high school shennanigans, considering he's autistic it's probably for the better.

public and private schools exist for the state to train kids to behave like good little slaves in their society.

the average kid could enter the workforce as an apprentice at age 14. there's too much competition for jobs so the government makes it illegal to hire kids and forces them to waste another ten years in some bullshit institution to "prepare" them for adult life, which is another four years of school but with more alcohol and less parental supervision.

Not impressed, I created a small program to manage my yugioh card collection because i thought excel was a fucking hassle. i was 10 at the time and studied through code snippets and a reference book to find out what each command do.

lost interest in programming not long after though.

Oh, what I read wasn't updated.
Good for him, I'm sure his life will be great

If he's lucky to be autistic enough, he simply won't have the need for meaningless social interaction.

Teaching is at its lowest and keep going down every year user. You have to know that most people are stupid, that's just how it is. So the education is made easier because the purpose is not to make people intelligent, but to discipline them into a life of working. You have to pass this test, you have to that, etc, if you want to succeed in life. Succeeding in life equals to working any job to make money for 'yourself' and the better job the better the money, that's the pitch of life in today's society.

The reality is, with internet you have all the knowledge at your disposition. It wasn't like that before and books aren't that powerful and wasn't that accessible.
So you are better off learning by yourself that's for sure. Even for the higher classes, with the best teachers, you're going to be doing most of the work by yourself. Teachers will guide you through your PhD, but every doing will be yours in the end. There's no magic course.

No one is saying that.

I skim over clickbait articles. Please deal with your own insecurities and stop projecting them on me.

He was too intelligent and saw what life was ahead of him. Couldn't bare the burden of being born a couple hundreds years too soon.

Usually people with high IQs have good deduction, induction, and logical/critical thinking skills. This usually leads people down the existential rabbit hole that ultimately ends in a conclusion that we are utterly insignificant when compared to the vastness of the cosmos and will never truly impact the universe at large in and way. When people realize this they either break or survive. Some grasp for religion to try to reverse this understanding but once it is known it cannot be forgotten. The mysticism cannot hold the weight the discovery bears and thus it cracks and leaves them floating in a subconscious void, hole-in-the-heart condition. If they can't handle the revelation, they submit to death... and the cycle continues, another corpse added to the notch board of our own construction.

*tips fedora*

*consumes alcohol*

>wtf fun fact

Anyone can come to that conclusion. Don't underestimate the average's person capacity for reason.

To overcome that is a form of maturity. To let it consume you is a form of weakness typically showcased by the self-absorbed.

Fabricate yourself a reason to live. We all do.

Probably really good parenting. Had some bad parents here. Not evil or anything but just really dumb. Am 25 and still trying to fix it.

>Don't underestimate the average's person capacity for reason.

Oh, come on, most people are basically talking animals.

t. reclusive basement dweller with almost no social exposure outside of high school

we're ALL talking animals user, just because we developed weapons and domestic violence does not mean we are any better than the rest of life on the planet.

That's the conclusion I came to as well. If you can't fabricate the a reason, then you submit. However what happens when no fabrications work, when you can't trick yourself any longer and the more you try the more it pushes you into the hole since you know it's all a lie?

No, t. I live in a not very middle classy place.

>To overcome that is a form of maturity
grow up and find a job amarite ?

>we're ALL talking animals user

Naah bitch, I'm angelic.

Leave, normie.

I'm not autistic

DESIGNATED

He has better genes and much more willpower than I do. What about it?

Yeah, and?

Be more shallow. When you jizz, it feels good, doesn't it? Even if it's into a bunch of Kleenexes. I guarantee you can always derive pleasure from life in some way. Unless you're depressed, but that's an affliction and something you should seek help with.

tl;dr the fact that my body and mind respond to stimuli keeps me going. I care more about experiences than truths entirely detached from reality.

If only to support your hedonistic lifestyle. It's not such a bad compromise.

>he browsed tumblr to try and prove his idiotic point

kek fucking kill yourself my man

i dont care about goat fuckers. let me know when he figures out how to get quantum computing working. Then i'll be impressed.

>send kid to college when he is 11 years old
>surprised when he kills himself at 14
it's pretty obvious he killed himself because he was a social outcast. maybe if this was the 70s college kids would include him in activities, but no one wants anything to do with underage kids only to have their parents accuse you of something and ruin your life.

All Indians are good at programming. It's in their DNA.

>He has better genes

Dude, how shitty are your genes? He looks like he isn't going to survive into adulthood.

>explain why this 12 year old is better than you at programming

Because I'm not a fucking computer programmer, more than likely. I assure you he's not better than I am at a great many things so, who the fuck cares.

The feeling of euphoria experienced with orgasm is great. For the entire 30 seconds during and afterward. Living in the moment is a great way to live, sure, but it is a simple minded approach. Whether or not you are or aren't simple minded, it is still simple minded regardless. Giving no thought to things beyond your bubble of contentment is to be choked in a stage curtain never glimpsing the play at hand. Go ahead and live your hedonistic life, give no thoughts to that which is beyond you, Eventually you will submit like everyone does. Your contentment and fabrications will wither away just like all the things you consume, and with it your life.

Join us, it's not better here, but it's truth.

he looks like the put a 40 year old head on a midget

Then you find the joy that is a life made of shenanigans, rendering media obsolete. Then you find out that what runs the world are shenanigans that is spread as 'ideas'. That is when you discover true enlightenment and start to laugh hysterically when the world tries to jail you in an attempt to shut you up.

Chaos is the enemy of the right and wrong, the biggest of the joys. Embrace it user.

this is volume one of TAOCP isn't it?

He's not. I'm sure that anything more advanced than FizzBuzz seems like wizardry to most of Sup Forums, but there are some of us that do this shit for a living.

Why would a 12 year old be dedicating most of his spare time to Programming?

There's no perceivable use to it for a child.

They should be doing child appropriate things. Like, playing. developing basic social skills in order to navigate the adult world.

Not sitting behind a fucking monitor burning their optic nerves out.

God shit like this makes me angry as fuck.

As long as my kid didn't spend half his time high off his ass. I'd say he was a fucking success.

I don't have to interrupt long coding sessions to go to the nearest shitting street and defecate.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uq-FOOQ1TpE

jeez, is it just me or does it seem like it would be super annoying to work with kids like him?

>Have cognitive abilities that far surpass your peers
>Unable to relate, socialize or empathize

>Fuckwad parents only concerned with arbitrary standards of "Success"
>Commit suicide because you're experiencing a level of misery unknown to mortal man.

he isn't
he hasn't made anything we haven't seen before

where is the code?

he will probably grow up homosexual as his "skills" will keep him away from mainstream society. he will only know what a pussy feels like when he decides he's trans and has the op.

> why is this kid learning a skill
> he should be out poking shit with a stick in the street

On his cool clock.

You mean his bomb?

Just think about it like you are his dad. You want to make the kid feel proud.

If he makes a program with your help that multiplies 2 numbers, you would call it an app because you want him to learn "Programming = make app = cool". That's something a kid can understand. And if IBM will let him into their summer camp, why wouldn't you encourage that.

I can't be mad at the kid. I can't be mad at his father.

I guess it's the journalists fault for not realizing what the father was trying to do with the kid. In reality, they are just as stupid as the kid who can only understand "coder makes app"

Looks like basic algebra to me

he's better than me at slouching

Normie will creampie your ass.

this should be illegal

>how shitty are your genes?
Shit enough to not give a shit about programming at age 12. Good enough to probably out-live him.

Because I'm a lazy incompetent dropout

Because i spent my youth learning languages

>He built an app aimed at helping children learn multiplication, at an age he too would be familiarizing himself with arithmetic.
isn't that like one the first shit anybody writes when learning programming?

This.

Fucking shitskins will scale buildings to help their kids get an A in grade school math.

I haven't even started

I remember that story about the kid making millions on the stock market, it was fake.