IOS remote exploit discovered in the wild attacking high-value targets

blog.lookout.com/blog/2016/08/25/trident-pegasus/

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2016/08/25/apple-to-eliminate-home-button-in-2017-iphone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If that was the real iPhone 7, i would actually be one of those faggots who waits outside the applel store 3am in the morning

Yeah that pic is retarded though. Just another "concept" by designers with no engineering background.

>button in the center of the screen
Who's the fucking retard who thought this concept?

When the fuck are we gonna get completely bezel-less phones?

Those sneaky NSA hackers are at it again

>CVE-2016-4657: Memory Corruption in Webkit – A vulnerability in the Safari WebKit that allows the attacker to compromise the device when the user clicks on a link.
What is it with browsers being an entry point for breaking open the entire security of a device?

1st semester graphics designer in art college.

Browsers are complex beasts which support 3 different coding languages and require access to almost every part of the computer not to mention all the plugins. They are attractive targets and can be easily accessed remotely by tricking someone into clicking a link.

i bet you were one of those "engineers" who said phonebloks was impossible. Now we have ARA.

Utterly, utterly, utterly fucking terrifying.

The important question here is: will this get us more naked celebrity pictures or not?

>WebKit
everytime

kinda wish that my browser wasn't using an undeveloped version
oh well, still newer than stable distro webkit versions

ara still isn't out yet, and it's still buggy as shit from their last preview.
wasn't that patched with like 9.3.3 or 9.3.4?
at the very worst it was patched with 9.3.5 that just came out today

The 10th anniversary iPhone being released in 2017 (due to prototype leaks and many insider reports) is actually going to look pretty similar to that. The entire front of the phone is expected to be the screen and touch ID will be in the screen.

This was literally just posted.

macrumors.com/2016/08/25/apple-to-eliminate-home-button-in-2017-iphone/

>frameless touch screen
So do you put it on a table to use it?

I would assume they would have to have have some fancyass palm rejection.

Your fucking fingers would be covering parts of the screen anyways. It's a retarded fucking design for a handheld device. It basically only works on a laptop since you're not holding the fucker by the screen.

how the hell do you hold a big phone that you use the bezels?

Just hold the back and sides of the case.

Seriously post a pic of your mongoloid hands i want to see this shit.

american fat hands that seep on the screen, calling it right now

It's already been patched

yeah today so that means up until now its been game on. and all the nories with iphones never run updates.

you're dumb

Too good for that

>highly advanced exploit
>click this link for secrets

I wager there's no physical button in the concept, what you see is just a representation displayed on the screen. Physical feedback is done through haptics.

>can't grip phone without touching edges
>phone cases can't get secure grip on phone without interfering with edge swipes.

get the fuck out you fucking retarded faggots

Imagine how much of a pain in the ass it would be too use, bezels are a good thing.

>>can't grip phone without touching edges
Doesn't seem to bother S7 users

ARA killed phonebloks though. You can't upgrade the parts that matter...