/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap
howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Activation
panopticlick.eff.org/
pastebin.com/xPEQJbYN
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
windowsiso.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are there desktop environments for linux that are friendlier to certain flavors of linux? Like, are certain linux distros built to prefer specific DEs?

Is it worth it to go for an M.2 SSD as my boot drive if I'm going to be sticking with Windows 7?
I want to take advantage of the speed of those types of drives in my new build, but I see they can have loads of driver errors and issues in Win7.

will the 6700K drop in price any time soon

Anyone know a good media player for android that can play MKV? Tried VLC but it was super choppy and almost everything i get from google is outdated discussions from 2012-2014.

mx player

No, the hardware and software isn't efficient enough to handle the speeds yet, you might end up saving like 0,002 +\- seconds pr task. In other words what you might experience is snake oil.

I have a macbook pro and an iPhone but I also have a windows computer mono booting with Linus super speed drivers, how do I make sure The spiders don't see my Linus super speed computing device??

Thanks mate. You know if the premium version does anything special?

>how do I make sure The spiders don't see my Linus super speed computing device??
Put it in your ass.

The spiders may investigate that cavity!!!

Oh they will not.

I'm pretty well off

Probably something that on one really needs
i have the base apk and have never had a problem playing media

Yeah but the spiders don't go for butt zits. Even if said zits are powdered over.

Another annon. I use it as my primary and I didn't even realize there was a premium version.

Shut up :(

Didn't mean to ruin your day sissy-user. But now you know something you didn't yesterday.

I have this guy that says he has a laptop that needs to be on a static IP address right
so he wants to be connected via wifi to some machine in his office and also connected to the internet via ethernet at the same time, is this even possible?

vpn
bridge

I guess it doesn't have ads. I use adaway so I'm not really sure.

pretty sure he's not going to want to pay for a vpn and there's no way to hook him up to another machine to host the bridge

noooooo
setup vpn on the wifi computer, then he can dial in to it and only access things he needs from it
Then you will have eth0 and vpn0(or how ever yo u set it up)
Normal data will go down eth0 while he still has access to the wifi device, and only send'/recieve data to that machine specifically

>make a paypal to pay for chink shit
>add my credit card
>paypal bills 1€
>returns it a minute later
what's up with that

Yes. Many distros have a default DE that the developers focus on.

Ubuntu is heavily built around Unity. There are other "flavors" for many DEs but they are community projects, and e.g. Kubuntu suffers especially from lack of manpower.
Debian and Fedora prefer Gnome.
OpenSUSE is made for KDE.
Mint likes Cinnamon.

That is common for new accounts. They send small amount of money to make sure the account is active and real then they refund it

Will happen with your bank aswell if you use it directly

Commonplace

verifying your account

Alright how would I go about making a USB drive so that it has Debian installed on it, but also setup so that I can install Debian from it as well. Basically how to make it pull double duty as a live CD and a installer?

Aren't SQL injections just a design flaw on SQL's part? Why would you ever want user input to be pasted into a script, instead of just compiling the script ahead of time?

Give it a persistence file

You can install Debian from any other installed Linux system.
wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap

he's trying to connect via wifi to some x-ray machine that has no user interface

so is Arch generally the come one come all type distro in that regard? as in, you can install any DE, WM and it will be functional?

Is there any way to buy a windows 7 activation key anymore without going through a third party charging a markup for an old box? recently reformatted an old prebuilt and had a boot disk handy but microsoft doesnt seem to want my money for some reason.

I'm having trouble importing a class from a jar file to my java project

I want to import class fooidentifier in the package foo.jar so in the shell I do:
$ javac -d classes -cp fooHome/foo.jar src/project.java
But it's not reading the Jar, or the import statement in my code is wrong. The import statement looks like this:
import foo.fooidentifier;

Where is my mistake?

That's interesting. I wasn't able to find much info on the people behind kubuntu and how much they're affiliated with canonical. I kinda had my heart set on kde/plasma, but not if it comes at the expense of security/compatibility. How do Kub/Lub/Xub/ compare with stock Ubuntu in that regard?

Microsoft want's windows 7 to stop existing, kaby lake won't even support it. You can buy off kinguin or full price on amazon.

Just get two regular 2.5" in RAID

Not until AMD releases their new CPU line next year.

tell him to call his ISP,

or buy a domain and get free software that points it to the IP he wants.

just fucking pirate it

Phuck
I found used G502 for 35€
>pic
Worth it or nah?
>even though I already have G402s

>already have G402s
then no

I had a miss spell
I meant to say G400s

what is THEE hardcore noncasual anti meme within the context of windows hardware temperature monitor .

g400s is very good. no need to switch to anything else unless it breaks

hwmon?

okay thanks for your reply

Will an Intel CPU constantly changing frequency and core voltage damage it if it's under the rated?

Like, 800MHz then goes to 1000MHz the back down and up just browsing the web and stuff? The CPU is rated for 3.5GHz and it goes to that when under a near full/full load. Is that just SpeedStep doing its thing? It won't damage it if it's changing numbers like that?

>damage
no
>speedstep
yes

Ok seriously.
Why doesn't my clover have gallery mode?

Where do I go to activate windows? New rig and I finished installing but I need a key and I'm not paying for that shit

nothing better than hwmon ?
if not thanks anyways user

Is there a way to get vector data sets of georeferenced and tagged streets and highways (basically what's in a GPS unit) for free? I guess it'd be a .kml but I can convert.

there's another called hwmonitor. there's msi afterburner for the GPU which is one of the best.

if you need mobo and cpu i've posted the two i know (i dont remember which one is the bad/good one)

Then you would need to get a foothold on the network from somewhere else. If there's a computer with administrative access around that would work, or you could use a cheap router flashed with a custom firmware or a pi.

howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/

Ideally his office doesn't block L2TP and/or you have permission to leave a small device plugged in next to the office router.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7#Activation

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:3558CC5A599841B3BAA98D960E259CAA66748E6D

Windows 7 did a disc check yesterday and half of the files on my storage HDD are gone. My main SSD is untouched.

The storage drive is still displaying the same amount of used data as before, but three very large folders are missing (music, pictures, and game backups). I did some googling and tried the following with no luck:

>Ran malware, virus scans, restarted, etc.
>Hidden folders and operating system folders are both visible, nothing there that I can see.
>Did a Recuva deep scan, didn't find anything.

Any other ideas?

Will RAID 1 work if the two hard drives aren't identical? If they're the same size and speed, will I run into problems?

Just a shot in the dark here, but could it have changed user accounts..?

What exactly is this? I'm on my phone at work atm

Boot a linux live and have a look. Also if you think there are deleted files don't be adding/removing/changing anything on the HDD until you've given up.

run manufacturer's diagnostics tool and prepare to buy a new drive

>If they're the same size and speed, will I run into problems
no.

they dont even have to be the same size i think. it will just mirror the smaller drive onto the big drive and you cant use the difference for anything.

daz loader for windows 7 activation

if you're admin on both accounts it makes no difference.

Arch focuses on no DE cause they simply take the packages from the developer, supply them to the user, and let him configure it.

security is the same in all flavors. they get the same packages and updates.
the "flavor" maintainers mainly care about looks, and default package selection (which does play a huge role in how the distro works, cause everything is a package).

Good job. You gave him a magnet with no seeders. Also I really feel like we need to be teaching people to go for the source for it, or at least convey the idea of running a checksum, considering how often noobs run out and get malwaregeddon from google.

How to block an ip address? I don't want an ip to connect to my computer.

How to install drivers on linux (graphics card drive and etc i'm new btw)

Firewall

Repositories

>no seeders
im seeding, you massive nigger.

good point on source and checksum tho.

and this is indeed from MDL forums

I am using TOR but when I comment on a blog the admin can tell it is me even with javascript disabled and restarting TOR, how is this happening?? I check the ip and it's changed... Tips?

Probably knows what browser you use
Check this
panopticlick.eff.org/

You're probably the only asshole on his site using tor. Or you logged in like a dumbass. Or you didn't delete cookies, again, like a dumbass

Thanks senpai, there is 2 kinds of firewall right? Should i use a software or buy a firewall lmao
Also i heard that comodo firewall will do the job, have you try it?

add these trackers

pastebin.com/xPEQJbYN

I have sharkoon v. Where the hell does the blue wire go?
Ps i have asus k very small motherboard.
Sorry for my bad english.

But how exactly is he identifying me? My tor browser is pretending to be firefox. I'll check the cookies, I thought it cleaned automatically when closed

>I'll check the cookies, I thought it cleaned automatically when closed

>Gives 3 explanations

>But how?!?

I asked because my browser does not show up as tor, it shows up as firefox
There is no login, anyone can comment
I really didn't know about cookies, but I'm sure I set up some function not to store them, or to delete when closed
Sorry about asking stupid questions on the /sqt/.. lol I really didn't know, but I will test the cookies thing, hope thats it, thanks for helping user.

all those anti adblock shit are starting to be annoying. You see them everywhere.
Any good ad block blocker blocker ?
>inb4 any good ad block blocker blocker blocker blocker

bro you need to clear every fucking thing in all browsers, install uMatrix and block all scripts and ads, then reset your IP and see if it still detects you.

umatrix/ublock

Danke

Anyone can tell when you're using tor. If nobody else is using tor to browse that site/thread then it will be obvious to the admin that it's you again.

>Any good ad block blocker blocker ?

the internet truly was a mistake

Where can I download pirated Windows 8.1? Can't find on TPB.

Are ADATA ssds worth it, or should I put a little more money in for a 750 EVO

Also, are SSDs really even worth it?

is my monitor kaput?
i noticed this morning when i woke that the led light that tells me the monitor is on wasn't slowly pulsing. when i booted my computer it stayed off.
i plugged the monitor in a different power outlet and i heard some soft click and i saw the red led light flick on then off very briefly but it still stayed off.
kaput?

Do not download pirated windows. Download legit windows.

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

get the samsung for the speed experience
i got two in a raid0 and i do over a gig read

750 evo is pretty bad too, not sure how it compares

But I'm poor.

>are SSDs really even worth it
Depend on if you prefer you computer to do something when you tell it to, or if you prefer to wait for a physical arm to swing around for a few seconds any time it needs to load something.

>Do not download Windows that has been changed.
FTFY. you can find untouched ISOs on torrent sites. If you get the same checksum, it's legit.

>booting a windows 7 iso to a 4gb flash
>fresh installing with that

Where do I get a win 7 iso for a home prem x64 bit?
And how do I fresh install?

I have a 16gb usb ready to go but I'm noob as hell.

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
windowsiso.net/

Where can I find a screensaver that looks like scrolling green monochrome code (that's not matrix related, think 70s-80s server)?

Alright, I have a Dell to6g(some tablet) that I got from some guy who got it from his company.
He wants me to remove the password and such and reinstall windows.
The problem is it only has one USB port.
What kind of USB hub or method would you use to wipe it?
Its running Windows 8 for tablets.

The second question is this same friend has a dial up connection, due to geographical limitations.
He does have a dial up to USB adapter for his PC but he wants to bridge that to a router he has.
Could I bridge that connection the same way you normally can or is there a specific method?

>home prem
why not just go ultimate?

get the usb dvd tool from MS website, select the ISO file and the USB drive in the program and hit the button and it will do everything for you.
then you just reboot and press the right button to open the boot selection menu and choose the USB stick and the installer will load.

How long should a laptop motherboard replacement take at a repair facility?

I sent my laptop off at the end of July and they reportedly received it August 1st. It's been nearly 4 weeks on the status of "Awaiting replacement part. This will take no more than 10 days extra to the repair time". One representative said the part will arrive at the repair facility in "early September". This means that I won't get the laptop back in my hands until maybe the end of September. I've tried to speak to multiple people in customer service only to be handed off to a different department each time, and my work schedule and employment doesn't allow me time to contact them before these departments close at night.

I get a voicemail from someone yesterday saying they will keep trying to call me (which they didn't do today) to "discuss options" when I said I absolutely needed a new laptop before September 9th.

Two fucking months to repair a laptop seems absurd to me.

Fuck Toshiba and everything they stand for.

How would I go about installing Windows 7 on an internal drive through a laptop so that I could put it into my desktop and it would boot normally?

>why not just go ultimate?

Because he's not pirating. He's just trying to have a way to clean install his existing windows.

honestly sounds like they lost your lapton and are just stalling

>Install Windows 7
>Remove hard drive
>Insert hard drive into desktop
>Select new hard drive from boot menu to default boot to there