Apple Memory Upgrade

How does Apple justify this?

$200 for 8GB of RAM

Because it just works, unlike winblows.

Windows RAM doesn't work?

Apple always oversells the cheap stuff, this is nothing new.

>falling for the meme

Why would you need 16 Gib of RAM?

only sometimes because a lot of RAM on the internet you download comes with viruses

apple puts physical ram in the MacBook so it costs more, R&D + Development

Isn't It soldered onto to the motherboard?

Yes

I wouldn't put it past a Mac use to say this.

This is some top-tier bait.

>windows grammar/spell checking

kek.

As long as people keep buying it, they'll keep selling it. Fairly simple economics.

Price of the RAM plus the time it takes to solder it to the motherboard.

Well I think the mystery is solved for OP.

So you pay more for less upgradability? Makes no sense.

no, you pay for the costs involved in soldering it on

>be apple designer
>realize how cheap parts are
>realize markup percentage of selling mediocre parts
>need to keep job
>make cheap shit expensive so fanboys don't buy it
>fanboy machine gets old and slow
>fanboys have to buy entire new machine because they didn't buy the expensive upgrade
>job saved

They justify it by people paying for it and them making a profit.

Aren't the macfaggots quite skilled at soldering?

8 is not enough
heck if my motherboard supported more than 32 I'd install more

No.
You pay for lower weight, size and power consumption. Soldered RAM can be driven with slightly less current because there is no loss from a socket.

If they just made it with regular RAM slots instead of soldering, it would save both them and the consumer money.

Trust me, doing this saves them money because the consumer is willing to spend extra to help recoup those costs, plus more.

Hasn't Mac equipment always been like this? The whole "I don't want you plebs fucking with the hardware" kind of way of doing things.

It is what it is, that's just how they do things at Apple. If you don't like it, don't use their products. I honestly don't think they want any of you neckbeards to be a part of their user base any ways.

So basically they are just scamming people.

>people buy it
That's how.

From some perspectives, yes. But Apple makes people genuinely feel like they are getting the best thing in the world, and it shows in their revenue.

why would you possibly need 30 instances of various web browsers open while playing a game..?

also, what do you think of deus ex?

You do realize how fucking cheap ram is?
I'd fall for the meme anyday.

Would love to see someone use this in a real computer forum kek.

It's just one instance with the Sup Forums threads I'm posting in.

Even if I had no web browsers open the game itself uses more than 8 GB RAM. This is becoming pretty common. Doom used like 6 GB I think.

Even if you're not a gamer, most Sup Forumsuys have a few VMs open and stuff. 8 is just really not enough any more.

Deus Ex is fine, if you liked the last one you'll probably like this one. Gameplay-wise it's very similar but it drops the memes everywhere and drops that cool orange and black aesthetic. Still a Deus Ex game though, many ways to complete your tasks and stuff

Just for reference, here's how much it really costs outside of Apple, about $35

FUCING THIS!!!! DONT NOT USE KINGSTON RAM I HAVE MANY VIRUS AND HACKED ON RUNESCAPE FOR MY ARMADYL GODSWORD!!! BOYCOT KINGSTON

but the new ones are soldered. to make it GO FAST

literally every company does the same thing

Why not question this?

>it would save both them
Do you actually think it's cheaper to use DIMM slots vs solder the RAM chips directly to the board?

Yeah they are charging about $300 extra for that one.

No wonder they are rolling in cash, their profit margins are insane.

they gotta pay those chinese people to solder it on for you because it's "better designed" and you're too stupid to install ram

It's not about cheaper to manufacture. It's about fucking the customer over as much as one can.

> people literally go into debt for an apple

Ok buddy

I'm still waiting for the rMBP refresh announcement. Kind of wish I just bought one months ago.

You can't look at it in terms of upgrading a component of the system.
You are buying a significantly better machine, one with double the memory. Of course they would charge for that.

>You can't look at it in terms of upgrading a component of the system.

Uhh but that's literally what it is.

But are there any PC companies that don't overcharge for preinstalled memory?

it sells at that price
so they do it

Here's from Puget Systems, very reasonable