Who in the right mind would pay for a gaming laptop?

Who in the right mind would pay for a gaming laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5k34Bwj7Mw
amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1JW3PO/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A cuck?
youtube.com/watch?v=D5k34Bwj7Mw

Someone with back pain that likes to sit and stand in different locations while gaming?

I dunno ask them

someone that isnt poor as shit, and wants to play games when they're traveling (and if you aren't poor as shit you will probably travel at least once a year)

People with limited space or shared living space who want a laptop to play games

Is there a gaming laptop that looks dignified?

No because the market is spoilt teenagers.

The razer blade is probably the closest thing you'll find to a clean looking "gamer" laptop. With Pascal though, you'll probably find higher end laptops not marketed for gaming but are 'performance' or 'workstation' type laptops with GPUs decent enough to max 1080p easily. Like the XPS 15, it's running a 960m for the current version, but a refresh running the 1060 would destroy games at 1080p.

I did. And I use it more than my gaming desktop desu. Much more convenient in these modern days when we are multitasking. Can game while watching Netflix on the TV, instead of being tied to some tiny office with a monitor

Sager

amazon.com/gp/product/B01K1JW3PO/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

it's only three thousand dollars

There's no "gaming laptop" that looks normal. There are however, a number of laptops with ""decent"" video cards that can do some gaming while looking normal.

In the end, you're never going to get great performance out of a laptop, so you might as well get a high-end laptop at a medium price rather than go balls out for a $3k machine that's only marginally better.

I had one at one point in college. I didn't have the space for a tower, didn't have the budget for anything high end anyway, and needed a laptop (this was pre-tablet era).

That said, I never bought a laptop specifically labeled for gaming. Those are overpriced ricer garbage most of the time. I just got a laptop with the best video card I could afford. Naturally, I wasn't playing brand new stuff on max, but it got me by.

get a standing desk faget

>alt-right

Gigabyte makes some decent looking (I remember a couple even looking normal) gaming laptops, heard the build quality isn't that great though.

Many poor people think playing games is literally 10/10 retarded.

i would never purchase a computer that i couldn't grab in a moments notice and run. ive been in situations where i had to do that a few times and learned my lesson when i lost all my shit. dont let it happen to you.

I travel a fuck ton for both work and school, don't have a choice but to use a laptop for gaming, would much rather have a desktop, but when someone doesn't have a choice, isn't it better to use a laptop than not be able to play any games at all?

someone stuck in a hospital bed

Poor TB and his ass cancer.
Who's going to praise option menus and fov sliders when he kicks the bucket?

>In the end, you're never going to get great performance out of a laptop,
It's not 2005 anymore.

GTX 1070 that's found in the new laptops, is actually 5% more powerful than the desktop reference version of the card.
The meme that laptops are underpowered practically died with the latest GPUs, because we're talking about the same damn hardware in both laptops and desktops.

Any decent laptop is going to be over $500, so what's a few hundred more? As long as it's under $1000, I don't really care. It's obviously not worth it but neither is the competition.

>inb4 lelnovo stinkpads or deprecated ibm ones
Those are fine for workstations but I'm not getting a laptop purely to be a workstation

You forgot the part where the laptop is throttling like crazy because it's physically impossible to provide adequate cooling (compared to desktops) in such a small space.

Me. Im only home 4 months a year. I was thinking of upgrading to a vega and zen but i would rathet spend that 1k euros in a good laptop. In the end ill use that laptop far more than my desktop.

his wife's son

Hopefully no one. Maybe the mustrudrace ingrates will find an idol capable of commenting on game design and art for a change.

*wife's daughter

vaping and gaming laptops kill.

You're right I guess.

Yea laptops for gaming are not bad if you need to move or travel a lot.

I converted to watching angry joe show

Someone with life priorities that needs to balance space and portability over computational power. It's not like your equivalently priced desktop is all that impressive in the face of the actual big iron, anyway.

>not using a stack of Xeon multiprocessor server blades with 4 Titans ea. in a refrigerated rack
>current year
>shiggy
>desktop plebs

>owning a server
>in the age of cloud computing

why hand over your data voluntarily?

Why play games when you travel? For the joy of saying "Yeah I've been to _______, played some vidya there, shit was cash"

travel also consists of sitting in a train/plane/whatever or in your hotel in the evening.

All the best laptops I bought costed around 400-500 euros (translates to about 500$ since computer gear is cheaper in the states). Then again, the few games I play don't require having a dedicated gpu to run

well desu travelling, especially by train, is one of the high points of going somewhere. Also if you're out somewhere and dont feel exhausted when you come to hotel and only want to sleep, then as i see it, you're doing it wrong

Buy a 3ds

i don't need it, so why would anyone need it???

who is this semen demon?

>not having a gaming desktop in your private jet

lol are you poor?

hi

Why would you do that? The latest GT72VR is $1500 with the exact same processor, RAM, 256gb ssd + 1tb HDD, except instead of a bogged down 980M it uses a full sized 1060 GTX, you literally spent $722 extra on a shittier model

>laptop will fix my ergonomics

This has to be bait.

I don't fucking get people whose brains are apparently so fucked up that they can't even do without games for a few fucking hours.

Someone on their deathbed who just wants to die exploring comfy planets in NMS

I got a friend who is something like a Captain, so he travels a lot and is on board for a lot of time. He has a gaming laptop to kill time, but he ends using his 3ds more he told me.
Reality is, just get a good desktop and a normal laptop, when I visit my family in the rural side of the country I bring my ChinkPad and we LAN some Warcraft 3, CS 1.6, Open Arena and stuff that doesn't require much power.

If you're just killing time in a plane/hotel, you can still game on a regular (or even low-range) laptop by playing something other than the latesr games on max specs.
There are tons of excellent titles that are light on resources which you can play without having a ridiculous (and ridiculously expensive) gaming laptop.

If you can't play anything like that and videogames are not your profession, I think you should work on your life priorities.

that's a shitty bed setup tbqh

look at the angle of his hand/wrist and forearm

he will fatigue in no time

what could work is a small table to the immediate side of the bed so your arm can rest naturally, keyboard in lap

the most comfy setup is a wireless kb and trackball but unless you're a god with it you will lose a lot of accuracy. still good enough for basic shit at least

laying in bed isn't healthy tho and it makes becoming extremely sedentary a lot easier.