Apple is getting rid of the home button for the 2017 - 10th anniversary iPhone

>Apple is getting rid of the home button for the 2017 - 10th anniversary iPhone.

Other "insider knowledge" on what to expect or at least what Apple has been considered/working on for the 10th anniversary iPhone

>No more bezels (edge-to-edge display)
>OLED screen
>Touch ID and camera embedded into the screen
>Wireless Charging in which the iPhone will not have to be on a mat but can be meters away from the wireless charging station
>Faster A11 processor

Concept art is pic related

macrumors.com/2016/08/25/apple-to-eliminate-home-button-in-2017-iphone/

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/patents/US7535468?pageId=102433109633057339784
cnet.com/news/oled-displays-theyre-awful-says-apples-ceo/
xda-developers.com/iphone-concepts-are-ridiculous/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_power_transfer
techcrunch.com/2016/08/25/exploits-patched-by-apple-today-hint-at-years-of-surreptitious-government-hacks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking disgusting

>press any key to unlock
>no keys

>news concerning technological device
>Post on technology thread

>newbie gets angry

Nope
>OLED screen
If they're smart
Nope
>Wireless Charging in which the iPhone will not have to be on a mat but can be meters away from the wireless charging station
Nope
>Faster A11 processor
Probably

Every year you retards come up with insane futuristic, completely impractical to use and produce design for the "new iProduct"
Get some fucking sense into you

Wow I'd be the coolest kid in the EDC threads with that!

>news
>macrumors

>fruity toddler toys
>technology

Fans didn't come up these. The same Japanese/Chinese insiders that leaked most iPhones for previous years have been mentioning these for half a year.

>90% of the time, these leakers have been right.

Yeah, because apple found a way to circumvent physics.

This link and this post are not rumours, just absolutely make up crap.

Shit son, I'll impress some blokes on the block with advanced space tech

Would rather they spend time on resurrecting Jobs to prevent all these silly decisions.

>implying they're not

Your shitposting's even less technology related than you think Apple stuff is.

Niggas don't know about Tesla

Theyve been shilling this image long before even the iWave and waterproof hilarity. Apple will never remove their bezel or blocky plastic shit on the sides.

>press any key to unlock
>there are no keys
What now, Applefags?

Swipe to unlock like always

I can believe the bezel less shit and the home button delete (they're a bit late to the game with that), processor upgrade and OLED screen, but the integrated touch Id and far reach wireless charging sound like bullshit.

Fuck Apple all together. 'nuff said.

rekt

Why does every fake mock-up look like bootleg trash?

How would this even work

You jam it up your ass.

>mfw non of those things are coming to iPhones in 2016

this

> >Wireless Charging in which the iPhone will not have to be on a mat but can be meters away from the wireless charging station
Enjoy your fried balls.

they had ben rumoring this since like 2009

Stolen from Tesla.

That image is not possible you still need a space for the camera and the speaker.

Apple has absolutely zero experience designing and much less manufacturing smartphone displays. It's probably safe to say that whatever new screen shows up in the Galaxy S8/Note8 next year is going to be very similar to whatever is in the iPhone 8, particularly since Samsung is rumored to be the primary manufacturer for the iPhone OLED displays. Contrary to what Apple fanboys think, Apple doesn't just come out and invent a bunch of shit that doesn't yet exist on the market, nor should they. Their strength is adapting proven technologies within a unified hardware/software experience.

Aside from being a UX nightmare, a completely bezel free display like that is probably not possible currently.

>OLED screen
It's almost certain that Apple will invent the OLED screen in 2017 for use on the iPhone 8.

There is no way the camera will be embedded in the screen. I would say with near certainty that the physical home button/TouchID will be axed and replaced with a haptic feedback button that will be one piece with the fused screen but probably not actually embedded into the display. Having a physical home button is a reliability nightmare, tons need to get replaced due to wear and tear, and it also complicates waterproofing. There is the possibility that TouchID could move to a system like Qualcomm's SenseID were it functions ultrasonically and thus can be located below the display surface. This may introduce a problem for the iPhone's UX though by getting rid of one of it's hallmarks, that is the home button.

This is absolutely not going to happen.

>Faster A11 processor
This should be a forgone conclusion. The only thing worth anticipating here is by how much the A11 will rape next year's Snapdragon offerings.

>camera, mic, and speaker on the bottom

Sounds awful for holding
>OLED screen
Wow, just like every other flagship phone
Literally what? I don't see how that would be possible, moreso the camera aspect.
Makes zero sense, there is no feasible way this is true and would almost certainly cause more problems including health and safety.
>Faster A11 processor
Standard upgrade, wouldn't be surprised.

>>No more bezels
Great, now I either have an unresponsive area of the screen or keep activating shit I don't want just by holding the phone.
>>Touch ID and camera embedded into the screen
Cool, they can now collect my finger prints even easier. There is nothing wrong with that at all.
>>Wireless Charging in which the iPhone will not have to be on a mat but can be meters away from the wireless charging station
Better get rid of regular chargers altogether so we can make it even slimmer so it breaks easier. And once the wireless charging unit is fucked, they can't even charge the phone. GENIUS!

the speaker is built in the display though.

>Wireless Charging
Great, they will get rid of another port.

>putting poorfags in the same category as corporate cocksuckers
Come on now.

Actually they just changed that in iOS 10

Edge to edge display has been rumoured for about 5 years and will never happen

Great! Now the screens of normie scum will break even sooner!

How do you graduate from high school and not understand why that wireless charging claim is bullshit

and the display IS the camera.
google.com/patents/US7535468?pageId=102433109633057339784

So what happens when your phone craps out and the only way to fix it is to reset the phone?

Or some other bullshit problem that needs the home button. [spoiler]AND THE TOUCH SCREEN ISN'T WORKING[/spoiler]

for those too lazy to read

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The invention pertains to an integrated sensing display. The integrated sensing display includes both display elements and image sensing elements. As a result, the integrated sensing device can not only output images (e.g., as a display) but also input images (e.g., as a camera).

How many layers of stuff can they fit in a screen

All of those are already in iPhones. That photo is very old. Stop talking about things that you don't know.

>Waterproofing, IR Blaster, Wireless charging

>In iPhones

Pick one.

>IR Blasters
Oh hey, I have this sick Palm Pilot that does everything you need, also it's 1999.

>slide to unclock

In the same way, except that you blast kilowatts of energy into empty space so it can be induced into random shit in your house and have your phone pick up 0.5% of it so you can feel cool. Just like regular wireless but with 100 times as much range for 100^3 times as much power.

Hopefully they get rid of the fuckhuge bezels on the top and bottom on the phone.

Like, maybe 5 or 6 right now, my dude.

IT'S OGRE ANDROID IS FINISHED!!!

apple is 100% steve jobs
and he's gone now
they will steadily turn into android/generic shit
with atrocious new gimmicks that are counter to his design philosopjy
mark my words

>they will

Can you change your default browser in iOS yet?

>i'm a windows babby who can't use the terminal and only uses my computer for manchildren games. where should I go?

>Sup Forums
>no
>ign forums
>no
>/r/gaming
>no
>Sup Forums
>perfect

cnet.com/news/oled-displays-theyre-awful-says-apples-ceo/

>Tim Cook says you can't trust the color accuracy of OLED displays, and he touts the Retina Display as a superior experience.

Apple are smart. They don't sell shit with buzzwords, they sell it with quality and innovation.

xda-developers.com/iphone-concepts-are-ridiculous/

>Apple are smart. They don't sell shit with buzzwords

I have used the IR blaster twice on my Redmi. Who the fuck even controls a tv in 2016 with a remote? I use a wireless keyboard to my pc which is connected to a large display

>visit webpage
>frame slides into view with a video player control saying "AUTOPLAY: ON"
>click the inline X to close the frame
>it closes, but starts playing anyway

why does literally every single major website do this shit

>they will steadily turn into android/generic shit
Ha, if they had any worth they'd have made a fucking back button by now.

because
>muh ad revenue

That actually looks pretty neat

Too bad it's iOS and would shatter if you dropped it from 2 feet

I'd argue that the back button is more or less unneeded. Most applications have ways to go back built in

>Apple are smart. They don't sell shit with buzzwords, they sell it with quality and innovation.
>They don't sell shit with buzzwords

What universe are you from?
>Retina
>3D Touch
>Haptic

Go FUCK yourself. HATER!

IR on phones was a total flop, it will be gone soon.

No.
Highly doubt.
Highly doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if none of the things happen.

Oh I need to charge it for a minute like this!
Big deal.
Also apple mice are shit anyway, their trackpad is good but the mice suck balls.

If they didn't want a port they've should've gone with a wireless charger inside a mousepad instead.

>cnet.com/news/oled-displays-theyre-awful-says-apples-ceo/
> February 2013
You do realise they an oled display in their watches right?
Technology changes and improves.

>I'd argue that the back button is more or less unneeded.
Spend a week with a dedicated back and options button - it is so much simpler and user friendly.
>Most applications have ways to go back built in
I have an iPhone 6S (work phone) - it is alarmingly inconsistent which applications have a back or cancel button and its placement on the screen.

With android I can just instinctively hit the back or options button without hunting for the back button, or trying to summon a daemon with a weird combination of finger movements.

Take iMail for example - try to add multiple photos at once - you can't.
You have to long press the screen to bring up a tiny fucking menu, click the next page button that is approximately 10px tall and wide, then click insert photo/attachment, browse to the photo and pick only one at a time.

There is a work around, using the photos application, you can select multiple photos to share via email, but that's as bass-ackwards as it gets.

On android I can just click my options button, add an attachment and add as many photos as I want at once.
iPhone usability has really fallen by the wayside.

ffs everyone and their mother is going to get a case, so this "no bezel" gimmick is useless. just like when they make every new model 10% thinner.

What does an electric car have to do with wireless charging an iPhone? Elon hasn't announced anything like this.

>Fucking normies that don't RSS Hacker News
lel

The Wi-Fi trend is disturbing. Only wired connections for me and my property.

this 2x

Would you be so kind as to share that wallpaper please?

Except that when Tesla did it, lightning started to shoot from the fucking ground and people were injured.

Video or it didnt happen

Whats the matter shill, did they lower your pay again?

Energous WATT

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_power_transfer

Tl;dr

Your power bill goes through the roof, electrical arcs start shooting from the ground, your cat gets barbecued, your phone charges very slowly.

>>Wireless Charging in which the iPhone will not have to be on a mat but can be meters away from the wireless charging station
Nice all ifags will get cancer

don't forget the "i spit in your face" removing headphone jack because muh thinness

Not him but happened to have it

>iOS
>Change something

Never

techcrunch.com/2016/08/25/exploits-patched-by-apple-today-hint-at-years-of-surreptitious-government-hacks/

Looks nice, I'm gonna put it on my pho-
>682x1024
LMAO

The same way that we reset most android phones, volume and power button combo

Thanks user. A bit low in resolution, but I managed to find a slightly better version.
Better than nothing I guess... Might use it on my computer.

They really need to let users change defaults, Apple services are absolute garbage.

It would also be nice if they allowed browsers other than those based on Safari's WebKit.

You do realize OLEDs now have better color accuracy than LCD right? Most OLEDs look like shit cause the saturation is turned way the fuck up so retards think the colors pop. Thankfully there's sRGB mode.

Also, it's pretty much confirmed that Apple will be using Samsung supplied OLED screens in the 2017 iPhone so I wouldn't shit on the tech too much.

Outdated information is outdated. OLED screens are now the most accurate, second to none. Apple would have to be insane to ignore it any longer.

"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying."