Athlon x4 880k, or i3 6100?

Athlon x4 880k, or i3 6100?

Is the i3 worth the extra price? It's ddr4, and the athlon is only ddr3.

Also, gtx 1060 6gb, or rx 480 8gb?

>inb4 driver overhead meme
Does that even matter with dx12?

This is going to be my first pc I've made in a while so I'm a little foreign to some specs and shit

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-best-gaming-cpu-buyers-guide?page=2
guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_rx_470_gaming_x_8gb_review,33.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your budget?

>does that even matter with dx12
Yes, yes it does.

Under 800 aud.

I can save 20 dollars buy going with the athlon x4.

Also, is rx 470 alright? It's quite a bit cheaper for the 4gb model, is it enough for 1440p? I'm not fussed over ultra settings.

Sauce or proof?

STOP

POSTING

NIGGRESSES!

i3, It will destroy the 880k in gaming.

470 certainly ain't gonna kill you. It's known as being meh in the States because there's not much of a difference in price between them and the 480, so the 480 just looks like the better buy. If the difference is greater in AU, it might be the better deal.

>r9 390 $350 8GB gigabyte windforce
>rx 470 $340 4GB sapphire aftermarket
>rx 470 $379 8GB sapphire aftermarket
>rx 480 $449 8GB reference

Should I get the 390?

No

Buy AMD.
Intel is shit and dual core, it can't compete.

moar

>Buy AMD.
>Intel is shit and dual core, it can't compete.
This x1000

Sure, why not

Bump

MOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRRR

You could at least answer the question...

i3 with RX480.

Thanks.
But is the i3 worth 20 dollars more than the athlon?
And how much better than a 390 or 470 is the 480? Because

The i3 will literally dominate that dinosaur AMD processor. Not to mention it will work with a modern motherboard.

And the 1060 is a much better gpu.

Don't fall for the AMPoo meme that Sup Forums tries to push.

Is the 1060 better in dx12/vulkan too?
Doesn't the lower vram mean it won't age as well?

Don't listen to that guy.

The i3 will feed the gpu better than the Athlon. The RX480 is faster than 1060 at most games and will continue to be faster as more DX12/Vulkan titles are released.

Is this going to be like gtx 670 vs hd 7950 again?

Because the 7950 seems to have aged better...

i3 6100 + GTX1060 here, just werks for my 1080p budget gayming machine.
In the Bitcher 3 I get 70-75 fps outside of Novigrad and 55-60 in it. All ultra except high foliage and shadows + no goyimworks.

Get an FX 8350 and call it a day, it's a beast for what it costs, despite being old.

Please be 18.

Me or the girl?

The grill.

6100 + GTX 750 budget fag here, I'm getting 50-60 fps on high almost any casual shit game without any problems don't fall for the amd meme they're shit.

AMD ages better than nVidia

Pretty much. The two cards are very close. In general the 1060 is a little faster and pulls ahead noticeably in gameworks titles, and the 480 does better in gaming evolved titles. AotS is a dead heat between the two.

AMD's GCN cards have aged so well because when they first came out their drivers were total dogshit, holding them back. 14.12 was a big improvement, and they made steady gains with each driver up until they leveled off in March this year. There may not be such easy gains to be made anymore, and Pascal is not so far behind GCN in DX12.

tl;dr: 8gb 480 or 6 gb 1060, get whatever's the better deal.

This, the 7970 is way better than the GTX 680 in modern games even though it's slower because it has one more gig of ram for modern stuff like GTAV, which will hog when you crank it up.

Even though AMD ages better, nVidia is the performance king right now. This is a fact. I myself wish this was balanced between both companies because i just dont see GTX 1080 is worth like 700-800€.

amd has only one architecture recently, that's why 7970>680.

Have fun not upgrading your CPU

You know a quad core AMD is basically the same thing as dual core HT Intel right?

Go i3 just because you can upgrade to i5 or i7, going with 880k means there isn't a better CPU you can buy for that socket.

>Does that even matter with dx12?
well if you plan on waiting 2-3 years for that to actually matter then maybe.
but currently most games are dx11, and with a piece of shit cpu like the ones you listed it will 100% matter.
and get the i3 at minimum. anything below that isn't worth building a pc for.

Lol no.
This is comparing same gen.

You'll be better off with an fx 6350 though, but the i3 6100 is better in many ways

Literally every game coming out since this year onwards in dx12 or vulkan.

>lol no
>posts a four generation old Intel hyperthreaded dual core matching an AMD quad

4t vs 4t processors

i3 is a hyperthreaded dual-core.

And the fx 4350 is clusterMultiThreading with 2 floating point cores and 4 smaller integer cores sharing cache.

What of it?

The MSI Gaming X 4GB 480 is $100AU cheaper than a MSI Gaming X 6GB 1060 (399au vs 499au).

Which would be the better deal? I really prefer the 480's price, and I want to try AMD out of curiosity at this point (I'm sick of the way nvidia's only cards with a proper amount of vram are all expensive af), but if the 1060 is worth it / better I could possibly make the stretch.

Will be playing at 1080p. i5 4690 and 8GB 1600.

Get an i3, much better, it can wreck the FX-6300 and Athlon in basically everything.
It's worth the extra 20 AUS as well because you can upgrade to a i5/i7 whenever you want, with an Athlon build you're absolutely fucked mane.
If you could find a 480 for a good price then get it, stay away from the 470 and 460, also a 1060 wouldn't be a bad choice.

Get the i3 and overclock the DDR4. It flies.

As Richard from Digital Foundry would say: The i3 is your boy.

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-best-gaming-cpu-buyers-guide?page=2

>$299.00 XFX Radeon RX 470 RS Triple X 4GB
>$295.00 Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
which one?

Get the 470 for even cheaper mate, sapphire 8gb rx 470 for 380.

You do realize that the 880k is steamrolled based CPU that was released this year, right? And FM2+ isn't THAT old, either.

Well, no shit. AMD hasn't even released their current gen high-end GPUs yet.

With that big a price difference? It's not even a question unless you're brain-damaged Nvidia fanboy or REALLY need some Nvidia-only feature.

i'd say intel for ddr4 and new socket for upgradability + 8gb rx 480 for durability (buy sapphire)
6gb of vram is stupid and athlon series was a good choice 2 years ago

Toasty vram aside I like how much it can be oc'd.

guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_rx_470_gaming_x_8gb_review,33.html

save more money and get an i5

/thread