>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01DBJTZU2)
ebay.com/itm/281896880290?var=580873070689)
store.ppy.sh/store/product/20
cmstore.eu/peripherals/keyboards/mechanical-keyboard-key-switch-tester-v2-free-shipping/
amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-SGK-4040-GKCM1-UK-Professional-Mechanical/dp/B00KIRD0B6/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_lp_t_1/251-8481522-1400439?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZN5Z8JRERYMF63V2BGKT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a-are cute keyboards allowed?

why yes

good!

I just ordered a Maltron 3D. How fucked am I?

So, my current keyboard is a bit loud, so I wanna try out some red switches.
I was thinking of getting cheap tokomo keyboard from amazon (amazon.com/dp/B01DBJTZU2) and resolder some gateron red switches (ebay.com/itm/281896880290?var=580873070689) onto it to make it linear and possibly have not as shitty switches.

Would that work?
I can't seem to find any gateron red keyboards out there that have a layout that isn't 60% or something.

Just grab them ankles and try to relax.

Reds are comfy

About as comfy as sleeping on hardwood flooring.

do you know why your keyboard is loud? the thing is if it is loud because you are bottoming out your keys, a keyboard with light linears won't help you. take my configuration as an example. i am using a keyboard with cherry browns at work and one with cherry greens at home. my keyboard at work is far louder although it is almost linear, because i am bottoming out the keys, which does not happen with the heavier clicky greens.

I want a keyboard that is as "feels good, man" as possible. Don't really care about any other metric. I'm thinking the 84-key Model F, does anyone else have any suggestions?

neat.

pls post more Anastasia

I don't wanna get banned, but I'll give you one more just because you asked!

ty she's very pretty

Nah, it's the click, I'm a light typist and got o-rings on it.

You see, I'm an RGB gimmick whore who wanted tactile switches and software controlled RGB lighting in a TKL form factor (old rosewill board with cherry blues kicked the bucket and was a bit big), so I got a razer blackwidow x chroma TE.
Now, before ripping my throat out for getting razer, hear me out.
The K65 RGB is only in reds (no tactile) and the Ducky one tkl rgb isn't software controlled and is all plastic (razer has some sort of steel plate and feels like a tank). And since I got my blackwidow X at a discount, it's really not that bad.
The old blackwidow green switches were just pure ass, but the ones on the newer blackwidow X keyboards are bit crisper than cherry blue switches and feel pretty much as good, but in return, are VERY clicky/higher pitched than cherry blues. So when typing a lot, you have some very annoyed room mates.
I do enjoy it, but using it at night with room mates gets on their nerves.
I like this keyboard and plan on still using it, but for long type sessions with people around or late night shitposting, I wanna get an o-ringed board with reds.

So I've heard
Also, I think that it'd be a fun little project.

store.ppy.sh/store/product/20
is this a bad idea? i feel like supporting my shitty game by buying shitty products from its company but im starting to think 2 keys taped to my desk would be useless even for its intended purpose

>Budget - £150
>Location (continent at least) - UK
>Preferred switch type - Blues
>Layout - ISO
>Form factor - TKL
>Backlight - Don't care
>Previous/current keyboards - Current = Blackwidow Chroma Previous - V60 Mini w/blues

I want something that isn't as enormous as this razer kb but still has F keys. I'd like to buy custom keycaps for it.

>Ducky one all plastic
It has one of the most substantial plates I've seen in that family of keyboards inside it. And the plastic is extremely good quality. I have used both the Blackwidow (tournament) and D0 TKL, and the Ducky is far, far better made.

Are you homosexual? Just a statistical question.

no
n-no bully...

I'm currently looking at ducky one keyboards and the ones I'd consider all have kbt switches instead of cherry switches.
How do the kbt switches compare to cherry switches?

The old blackwidows? Because the quality of those are okay at best. I'm using a blackwidow x, this shit sturdy yo. The main deal breaker for me was the non-software controlled lighting since the lighting was one of the reasons why I was even considering something like it. Haven't had any problems at all with the software for the lights. Also, I use Windows anyways (Photoshop and cad programs keep me bound), so the inability to control the lighting on other platforms doesn't bother me.

Is the wasdkeyboards sampler kit any good? Are there better ones that are sold in Germany/ Europe?

just wanted to make sure that you know what you are doing.
this is certainly doable, although getting switches out of a tight plate-mount keyboard can be a bitch.
also i don't know how elaborate your soldering setup ist, but i'd consider a desoldering pump a must for this project.

yes

CoolerMaster has a switch for 20 EUR with free shipping in Europe, albeit it replaces the MX Clear with the Novatouch Topre switch -> cmstore.eu/peripherals/keyboards/mechanical-keyboard-key-switch-tester-v2-free-shipping/

I WANT A CHEAP KEYBOARD

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY?

I WANT IT CHEAP

Please post your layout plans for smaller keyboards chaps. I need some inspiration.

how cheap

you sound like an impatient old boomer with no idea what he wants

Give me one reason not to buy a motospeed infliktor instead of overpaying for any other keyboard with fewer features.

Looks like a better option even though I was most interested in the clear switches

>Budget
£100-£150
>Location (continent at least)
Britain
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blue
>Layout
Preferably ISO but I don't mind ANSI either.
>Form factor
60% and maybe TKL.
>Backlight
I would like RGB but not arsed if it isn't.
>Previous/current keyboards
Some dog shit Microsoft keyboard

I mainly want a fully aluminium build and for it to look visually appealing and simplistic. This will mainly be for typing and productive use.

Ok so I found out this is the v2 and the v1 still has the mx clear switches so I'll try to get my hands on that one

pok3r rgb

Any other suggestions? I do like the pok3r rgb, but I'd like to get an idea of what options there are.

can't go wrong with monoprice

We nice dis on reds bro hahaha haha
>haha

Once my new credit card rewards comes in I am going to get a $100 amazon gift card. What should I get? Doesn't have to be under $100.

I really like how the Qisan Magicfoce looks. Right now I am rocking a like 6 year old razer lycosa or something that isnt a mech and faded af

Can't wait until these yuri keys come out

I really like the design of this keyboard, it seems completely effortless to clean. Just shoot an air compressor on the side underneath the keys and any dust/pet dander will be forced out.

My only gripe about that keyboard though is that it doesn't have a numberpad

What is this layout called?

Sorry didnt mean to quote.

65% i think

KUL ES-87 MX Reds reporting in.

Can I have that blue alps board? Thanks.

Looks like a 65% mod. Weird R1 and weird top-right.

>Budget
100-150
>Location (continent at least)
Netherlands
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
75%
>Backlight
None unless its the only option for a clean look
>Previous/current keyboards
CM Storm XT

Anyone here build a keyboard from scratch? Thinking of doing it but wouldnt know where to start.

helo where do I buy switches and caps in yurp?

WASD and Pimpmykeyboard comes to mind.

aliexpress definitely has the best bang for buck, don't expect it to get there fast though

>yurp
>usd
Thanks anyway
I know but I was trying to avoid the custom fees

They ship to europe.

yeah but fuck paying for fees and 80 bucks for fast shipping

start by designing your own PCB then got to a shop were they will print it for you unless you have your own PCB printer.
I recommend licensing a standard 32 bit processor from ARM instead of making it yourself, but if you really want to start from scratch then be my guest.
When making your case give it a couple extra millimeters all around. Now some people have made wooden cases, but I prefer to machine mine out of galvanized aluminum. You can make these at any standard machine shop.
Now for the keys it depends what type you want. Buckling springs are the easiest to make as a first timer so I recommend those. Making springs is easy and you can get a machine of ebay for a couple thousand dollars. Now the housing and membrane will require a bit of extra work but it isn't to hard..
Now for the key caps you can buy a double injection mold and design them however you want.
T His is a very basic summery and the total cost of the machining and materials if you want to make them all in house will probably be around $100,000+

I forgot to mention if you can't afford to buy everything and instead want to get someone else to make your designs you'll save $99,000.
the six figure number was me assuming you don't have a C&C lathe, PCB printer, Double injection molds, Fabs, etc.

>Budget
250€
>Location
Germany
>Preffered switch type
-
>Layout
german I think
>Form faktor
tkl
>Backlight
yes
>current
Razer Blackwidow

Also forgot to mention don't buy the software. Its like $10,000 if you want a legitimate license. Don't bother their are plenty of free alternatives which you can ask about here

I think certain shipping methods can avoid customs in yurop, would look into it since it's different by each country.

>TADA68
>Delayed cause they couldn't get the right measures and all boxes are wrong
REEEEEEEEEEE

I just want something simple for a first mechanical keyboard. Nothing too fancy with lighting or any other silly stuff, just maybe a windows lock function for playing certain games. I'm used to having a numpad. Brown or red switches seem like they'd be good for me but I'm leaning brown since those tend to be cheaper for some reason.

Matias switches or Topre.

Plenty here do, but Geekhack and Deskthority would serve you much, much better in this regard.

Should i get a Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire XT or CM Storm QuickFire TK Gaming Keyboard? I'm not even sure what the difference are.

at least we're on the same page
if only they didn't fuck it up

>I'm not even sure what the difference are
what's it like being blind?

Ok guys
>budget
Let's do ~150€

>location
Deutschland

>preferred switch type
I tried out blacks in a store and found them quite alright but I'm missing some tactile feedback. So clears seem to be the right choice

>layout
ANSI us

>Form factor
60% - tkl

>backlight
Not necessary

>current
Cheap keyboard I bought because it doesn't looks like shit and I needed a keyboard

Pok3r.

seconding pok3r with clears, great board if you don't want the noise of a clicky switch

hi

Looks pretty nice actually

Should I get some O rings if I want to use this keyboard in the office?

I'd see how comfortable you are at typing on them first, since clears are pretty hard to bottom out (and that's what noise o-rings dampen).

They're not loud switches at all.

Sounds good
Thanks anons

greetings

why in god's name did you go blank keycaps with your industrial?

Yeah get the Pok3r with clears, i have one with blues it has a really good design.

amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-SGK-4040-GKCM1-UK-Professional-Mechanical/dp/B00KIRD0B6/ref=pd_lpo_147_bs_lp_t_1/251-8481522-1400439?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZN5Z8JRERYMF63V2BGKT

this is a pretty solid keyboard

What is a good 75% out there?

I'm looking for an rgb 60%-65% keyboard in a full metal body but am concerned my hands will be too large for some of them. I was thinking about the WhiteFox keyboards on MassDrop, thoughts /mkg/?

are there any 60% ISO keyboards?
I wanna buy one but I don't think I have ever even seen one.

>buy non backlit version of pok3r on amazon
>receive it, it's great
>pull off keys
>wait a minute, there are led diodes on
>try to turn on led functions
>it fucking works

i essentially got a backlit pok3r with PBT caps, how does that even happen. not complaining though, it's fucking rad.

>using razershit ever

>but am concerned my hands will be too large for some of them
remember, 60% keyboards have smaller keycaps and are not suitable for people with big hands. That's why they're so small!

Either they're just putting LEDs in all of them now because it's cheaper to run just one production line and the PCB was LED compatible anyway, or someone just fucked up somewhere.

>60% keyboards have smaller keycaps
No? Most 60% keyboards have standard-sized keys.

But then why would they be too small for people with big hands?

checkmate atheists

Regarding the pok3r, use DIP switch #3 to turn caps lock into a toggle, and use that for the arrow keys. Sounds like that might be what you're looking for.

Werks just fine, mane

Also, please find me a tactile, software controlled rgb, TKL keyboard for $110 or less
The only one I can think of that even come close is one made by Cooler Master that I can't remember the message of

10 dollar rubber dome shit works "fine", we're not here to appreciate over-marketed commodity junk.

Zhuque boards are like 59 dollars on Amazon.

One day I will own this board

Where do you gents get custom/aftermarket keycaps?

I have a black Ducky One but I'd like to get keys that have a bit more color to them.

TIA

GB really
pimp my keyboard has a couple in stock, but full sets cost well over $100

GB?

Thanks, user.

some guy who hoards model Ms sold me mine for $1000

we'll see if there's actually a scarcity of the things, but I jumped at the opportunity as soon as it arose

I'm a vintagesynthcuck so I am no stranger to buying apparently rare items at high cost on ebay.

Group buys.
Look at places such as deskthority, massdrop, or geekhack

how much will i regret buying a hhkb?

(not a "hacker")

You think the WhiteFox will be ok for people with large hands? I love the look of smaller simple boards but using some keyboards in the past have been troublesome since my hands will fight for space.

you'll probably delude yourself into justifying it after the fact, like every other 200 dollar rubber dome buyer here.

Did you do it for the memes?