Tell us user, why are you better at programming than the rest of us?

im mediocre at best

because my useless programs written in intelligible functional programming are better than anything you write, now i'm off to do some coke, and write some monads and lambda functions so I can get another imaginary Pajeet degree and go to USA

But I am not. The most I've made was some shitty application with GUI that connected to a database and was used to update/administrate said database and a shitty text chat client. Both were in Java and both were a long time ago. I haven't even touched programming since then.

Not sure I'm better at programming in general, but I do think I'm more knowledgeable about the stuff I do for a living than the average Sup Forumsentoo man.

Its because i own a Lenovo T420s
most of you anons dont have that "s" at the end.
This is why im better than the rest of the Sup Forumsang

This.

Because I don't care about freedom, and I program on easy mode.

Amen

Im a Mathematician, programming is a trivial extension left as an exercise for the reader.

Because I hire the best programmer and pass off his work as my own.

I'm painfully mediocre because I never properly learned to code, I just started writing whatever shit I needed without reading any book or something like that.

However I'm better than the guy who goes full autism in our working group because contrary to him I actually manage to finish stuff rather than obsessing over tiny details that don't matter in the long run and spending 6 months on a project that should have taken two weeks at most.

because i dont know how
therefore
i cant be shit at it

because I squat over my keyboard, take a shit and the shit programs for me with the skills of the best programmers of all time.

I'm not, I just am learning :3

Just getting used to file navigating with command line

You guys recommend pycharm or will it be too handholdy for beginners?

because i'm making a shitty poker game

I have autism
I never leave my apartment
I get free Ritalin

Because I'm a professional programmer, whereas 99% of the ""programmers"" on this site are NEETs that just sit around writing fizzbuzz in lisp

Because I have 13 years of experience.

I'm not.

I'm a mechanical engineer and have done very minimal coding or programming.

Git gud. Uninstall pycharm, learn vim or emacs. I prefer vim. Just stick to one editor and perfect it. You'll never regret this in the future.

so? what have you done in these 13 years?
13 years don't matter if all you've done is code monkey stuff.

using vim/emacs does not make you a good programmer, but it does earn you a bunch of hacker cred

I'm shit at it, learning though.

because I am not overly secure in my beliefs and constantly try to improve.

nothing else matters. IQ is a crutch. philosophy is mutable.

I don't know why I'm better than you fucks but they've added at least half of what they're already paying me to my salary every year I've been here.

I main write in JavaScript and Ruby, with a little Python.

Why? That's a good question. Probably simply because I'm smarter, though perfectionism also plays a role.

And slow down development to a crawl, costing thousands of euros in wasted time. Your ego does not pay. This attitude of yours is only of worth in message boards. Or maybe you havent worked on a codebase, involving more than single py file. Git gud

Have you even seen professionally customized vim? The only thing missing is a good debugger. The rest is better than Visual Studio.

Different tools work well for different people, user. It's not nearly as straightforward as you make it sound.