Should I bother installing hackintosh OSX without a Mac? Does any of the methods of downloading an image works?

Should I bother installing hackintosh OSX without a Mac? Does any of the methods of downloading an image works?

just download it from rutracker? I did this, works fine.

user bro my man, Im doing that right now. Can I pull it off to somehow install it on the same hard drive with Windows?

Yes, if you partition it properly it's possible. Clover can boot windows as well as OS X.

Could you possibly tell me about the installation guide that you used? I hope you're not screwing me over haha.

"Клeвep цвeтa хaки" - official documentation+guide by Clover developers

Fair enough. I know some Russian.

get a vmware image, download el cap from appstore, make a bootable usb with clover and then install to hdd

just use dmg to iso converter

or just dd, iso is pretty much the same as it
>downloading mostly the same data 2 times

I downloaded VMware and I'm currently downloading the OSX image for it.

Once I manage to run it, if I do, then I guess I need to download it AGAIN to put it on USB? This cant be it, can it? What about countless other issues with compatibility?

Yes, next time from the App Store. You could've downladed a snow leopard image, it should be smaller and app store is the same.
Also what issues with compatibility? VMware virtualizes the same virtual machine. You should've do as says, if you're scared about malware just verify checksum, it's usually there for torrents.

Do you know if I can download Snow Leopard from the App Store or whichever is smaller in size and then update it to El Capitan later on? Also thanks.

It can be very hard to install depending on your hardware, but generally becomes quite stable after its all done. Post your specs (including motherboard model), OP.

I use a hackintosh and I think its worth it the hassle to install. OS X is amazing.

You'll probably find tons of errors when trying to boot your USB Stick. Just look up and go solving them one by one.

You may lose some functionality depending on your PC parts, it'll work though. Just avoid doing it like the plague if you have an AMD processor.

Also for fucks sake, just google it.

>tfw now considering hackintoshing my T420

Is pirating possible on hackintosh?

It's a HP G2 350 new laptop with specs actually similar to some Macs.

i5 5200U, 4GB Ram, I don't know enough to tell you more.

One thing I do know is that this screen is terrible.

Look if someone else made a hackintosh with that model. Laptops are much harder to get everything to work. Specifically, look if there is a battery status patch for your model.

If there isn't anything, you'll need to use some tool to get some data about your motherboard, like your sound, Ethernet and Wi-Fi chipsets.

You should go for it. There are too many guides out there for the T420. Once you get it to boot, is basically installing some files and you're done.

It works fine, but the only real case scenario IMO is if you need a high performance machine for Mac only video or sound editing, and even them stuff like GPU acceleration is nowhere near Windows or Linux.

I'm just curious if I could use it on this laptop for browsing/media/school and if its better than Windows for such things. It would be a nice change, although I unironically like Windows 10.

You need to download snow leopard seperately from a torrent

you can only download the latest edition from the App Store. you can download an older one only if you have downloaded that one in the past
yeah why not rutracker has a lot of apps or if you like private trackers try brokenstones or mac-torrents.me
i'd say it's on par with linux.

But does it matter if its El Capitan for VMWare, its on like 60% downloaded.
Id use it to access their app store anyway

I've done it. Works perfectly except for the wifi so I use a sub dongle. There's also a trick you have to do to get iMessage/FaceTime to work but I haven't got round to it yet.

I'm loving it to be honest.

What trick? It just worked for me since the installation.

DO IT
insanelymac has an awesome up to date guide, you will be up in a few minutes. Then buy some used Atheros wifi card and you will even be fully mobile.
I have mine hackintoshed ever since mavericks and never had an issue.

Any issues with docks? I run dual external monitors off one (laptop closed because igpu is igpu).

You will see close to 0 performance difference (if your laptop is stable on OS X, less if not). Really, if you don't need Mac specific software is not a good idea.

Depending on the workflow, for example software like Davinci or Maya have lower rendering times on Linux with GPU acceleration (both on Cuda and OpenCL), actually in general OpenCL and Cuda work better on Linux because they are server focus technologies.

Do T420s with Hackintosh handle 1080p chinktoons? What about h.265 encoded 1080p movies?

none at all.
Had to use a modified dsdt for a while because of the audio routing but the issue was since resolved.
OP at insanelymac is doing a great job maintaining and updating all the configs

They should.I can play 10bit with vlc on the igpu. Running ubutunut

no idea about the s but my T420 does without breaking a sweat. Battery life suffers a lot though, barely lasts my 1.5hr commute