Guys, my university offers me only four languages: C++, C, C# and Java

Guys, my university offers me only four languages: C++, C, C# and Java.
Which one should i choose?

all four

C++, Java, C
C# is a meme that literally compiles to botnet.

c#, the others are for neckbeards

C# and C++
That way you're not limited in any way

I ought to choose only one

C If you want to understand how computer works
C++ If you want to make computer applications
C# If you want to specifically make computer applications for Windows platform
Java If you want to race mix with POO

C# is multi-platform nowadays

C# is cross platform.

C# is for all platforms now mate

C# is great for a beginner language.

Any of them are fine though.

The C# compiler , Mono, and .NET core are all open source.

C. If you know it you can easily learn the other three.

Well, all of the other languages will get you a job much quicker than C. C is just a cool living relic now, which has some very powerful uses, but still not worth learning over the other ones.

Yeah, visual studio is always propting me to install telemetry into my projects.

It's a bit ironic if I spy on my users while MS spies on me.

Fucking hell Windows shills are out in full force. Are you guys getting paid per post these days?

C++.

>wanting to be a wagecuck
>not writing open source code for free

C#

It's true though
And you don't need Visual Studio to use C#

Learn C to learn programming. The basics will do.

Than learn Java or C# for the Job you will do later on. Both are pretty similar.

Do NOT learn C++. It's a huge hoax of a langauge, only used by masochists, NEETS or game devs.

Good memes, fellow redditor, I'd up vote you if I could.

I'd say C++. The C++14 standard is looking pretty nice, a far cry from the reputation it picked up during its C++98 days.

It's not too bad to use (if you stick to the C++14 style, you can get away without even using new or delete), and if you have a data oriented approach you can code things to run about as fast as the machine will run.

Java... well it will get you employed, but it treats you like an idiot and withholds all the nice stuff.

And then you should learn lisp, because it's amazing and not enough people use it.

>C++ game devs...
WAIT? what type of game devs?

P A S C A L
A
S
C
A
L

fuck you

haha buttmad pajeet rectally shattered stay mad

Check out unreal engine. Free, open source, uses C++.

Unreal.
Unity.
Monowhatever.
And pretty much every other proprietary engine out there. But you're too shit to ever touch those so it's a bit besides the point.

Back on my days it was pascal and then eiffel as an object oriented language.

I really like Java. It's not a technical as C/CPP, and automatically handles things like pointers, classes etc. It would be easier for a beginner, but hey, learn the language you want to learn. Wanna make Android apps? Go for Java. Wanna make Windows programs? C# etc.

unity ... c++ ahahaha it was built on c++, it doesn't use c++, it uses c#, unityScript (javaScript) and boo (python)

but yea go for c++

c is good for drives and OS, and you don't want that except if you are like 10, because you will fail otherwise
java is good for big enterprise web projects
c# is for unity and mid size web projects also its microsoft so you will be respectable in paying community

but with c++ (11 and 14) you can do anything
also good game engines UE4, cryengine, there that amazons lambersomethingsomething, also both OpenGL and DirectX best work in c++ so go for it

C, then the other 3 in any order.

>Wanna make Android apps?

unity, js or c++, depending on application, thank me later

"C"... the rest you'll have your job taken by pajeet that'll work 10 times longer than you and for a bowl of shit a month.

Learn it now and learn it well young faggot.

C

>js apps
kys

nice tumblr image

java it is

Unity isn't C#?

> depending on application

kys scum, no one will care