Is it better for VR than the GTX 970...

Is it better for VR than the GTX 970? Just wondering since the 970 is still more expensive than the 1060 which claims to "have the power of the 980"

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4VT3AzIBXSfKZdsJF94qvlJ7Mb1VvJvLowX6dmHWVo/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1060 usually performs on par with a 980, which is quite a bit faster than the 970.
Also considering >3.5 vs 6, I'd say a 1060 for vr is a much better card.

Also keep in mind the 10 series cards support a bunch of new gimmicky features from nvidia which might be used in future vr setups, I'm not too keen on vr though, so that might be irrelevant.

All in all there's literally no reason to get a 970 over a 1060, and the only reason it still costs more is the jews.

i hope you dont buy old generation cards brand new

>nvidia
>VR
fuck no just get a 480, nvidia still has motion sickness inducing latency issues

yes it has some trademarked marketing bullshit that lets it render two viewpoints simultaneously, rather than sequentially
Very good for using 2 or more eyes to game

900 series legacy already

>Is it better for VR than the GTX 970?

Definitely.

480 is way slower than a 1060

>Check shit tons of review of rx480 and gtx1060 in the last month.
>Finding any review that has rx480 outperformed for more than 15fps practically impossible
>Sup Forums still pushes same exact same image

stop shilling.

Uhh literally every review shows the 1060 is faster

I didn't say it wasn't faster, check your eyes and come back when you can stop shilling.

Who gives a shit about virtual reality?

people who spend 1k$ for a platform that has no games on it.

Maybe you should check your eyes first.

Here's a guy who compiled all of the reviews of the 1060 and 480 together, look at the numbers yourself:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q4VT3AzIBXSfKZdsJF94qvlJ7Mb1VvJvLowX6dmHWVo/edit#gid=0

>buying VR Headset for like 700$.
>buying cheap ass video card for it.

Depending where you live since in UK 970 can be 33℅ cheaper than 1060

If you want to get into VR as cheap as possible it's not a bad idea.

>All the reviews
Not even most popular reviews are in here
>Look at the numbers
Mostly Tech and Unboxing reviews are anomalies

You website showing exactly what I'm saying.

The monitor is the most expensive part, because it's custom and has to be made to play these VR games.

And you don't need a $500 video card to play VR games.
In fact, getting a cheap, VR ready card is not a bad idea if you want o experience it and see if you want to spend more on it in the future.

>the numbers aren't real

AMDtards really are insane.

I'll just leave this here. Enjoy.

>he doesn't know what latency means
laughingirls.jpeg

Technically he's right. The 1060 is faster in older games that use DX11. So yea the 1060 is faster. DX12 the 480 overall is faster.

Holy shit nice bait post, 10/10

>gears of war4
>halo 5
since when were gaybox exclusives PC games

Oh FFS! I posted the wrong one sorry.

>TimeSpy
>RotTR
>DeusEx DX11 version

Do you follow tech or just read charts with longer bars? This is the chart of desperation.

This year.

This was the point. I wanted to show that the differences are minor and that one team wins in one area and the other in another area. RotTR is Nvidia's domain. Deus Ex is AMD's and scores high in DX11 whilst Nvidia does not. Time Spy is there because Nvidia likes to think it's neutral ground and I am showing there is not a great deal between the two cards on the same GPU.

On the same GPU partner I mean.

no

i mean i'm all for amd but cherrypicking dx12/vulkan benchmarks of a single game is pretty stupid of you

see and fuck off
>b-but muh dx11

Mind you, for VR, the 1060, 970, 480 should be considered minimum spec. They'll work but your mileage may vary game-to-game. Some you may need to turn down settings, some might be juddery no matter what (some games don't give you much quality settings to tinker with)

The card can serve you in the short term (~1 year) or help you decide if you want to go all-in with VR. Just know that you may need to upgrade sooner rather than later with those cards if you do plan to stick it out with VR.

Sorry I miss understood, you are 100% correct.

lol

I can't believe there are people in this year who do not have one of the best graphics cards available.

If you want to do VR, go 1080 or go home.

>VR
>NVidia

>tfw 980 owner
>tfw bamboozled

wew two games with differences of 4 fps or less

and all the other games the rx480 loses in
sure got me beat

DX11 and it still beats it FUCK!!!

sure thing nvidia shill

i dont get it

I have a 980 and on high settings I get 60+ fps, whats the deal with these benches on medium?

they arent looking at the ground 24/7 or have chs on

nah gameplay is usually 60s on a mix of high/very high settings for DX11

>get a 980 a few months after release
>suddenly many of my friends also get a 980

well every gamer I care about already has the power of a 980, thanks though nvidia.

Are you stupid? Both nvidia AND amd endorsed time spy. Stop spouting this meme about only nvidia saying it's a neutral benchmark.

You now know why medium was posted.

>1080
>those frames
fucking why, it better look beautiful but I know it's probably just horribly unoptimized

I think he's saying watch out for all the cards that get sent to reviewers/tech sites for free 2 days before launch/on launch day in exchange for reviewing&writing an article on the card. Both sides pull this shit.