MANJARO

Im going to install Manjaro Linux XFCE
What are your thoughts on Manjaro Linux?

>I used Mint, and it sucks.

It's shit, with shit a repository, and it is entirely unnecessary. Just install arch

It's great. use it as my daily driver on my production computer.

AUR is nice to have to quickly install libraries, and all the documentation is on the Arch wiki.

I disliked manjaro with xfce personally a lot even more than I disliked mint

I am studying CSE, and mostly i will use it for Programming and stuff.
Is it good for that?

I've been using it for few years and I love it.
>simple
>access to AUR
>Arch Wiki is godlike

It's basically Arch with a preinstall script but with addition of mhwd

>Whats a vm

I want to hear opinions, so yeah. chill

Yeah it has yet to fail me, usually write my programs on it unless my teachers or a contractor require VS 2013/2015 and some dumbass windows library because microshilling then I just run a virtual machine.

My other plan is to eventually pick up a second GPU and bypass it to a virtual machine with Windows for GAMAN

>He wasnt expressing any emotion
>Fuck I need an excuse
>Chill
:( Wow calmdown

I used Manjaro KDE for a while, and found it a little heavy on RAM usage. Now I'm on XFCE version, it's much better. The whole infrastructure strikes a good balance between latest packages and stability (i.e. not 100% bleeding edge, but stable as a result.) In my view, it's the best rolling release you can use.

You newfriends have some serious misconception about how linux works. Just because you delay package updates by a week doesn't mean you are running stable system. Manjaro devs don't actually do any testing so all you are doing is delaying security updates by a week. Now if Manjaro devs spent this week doing actual testing that would be pretty decent, but Manjaro is a small hobby project and they have no people to do that.
Doesn't help that they regularly fuck something up which results in either security problems or just straight up fucking their users installs.

Aaaaah another butthurt archfag who cant BEAR the fact that they all now beta test for Manjaro.

Stay salty.

>use it for Programming and stuff.
every distro has all the tools you need for programming.

You have to be 18 to be on Sup Forums kid

t. Debian user

Ya got me!

>Manjaro

kys. :^)

>Not installing antergos

If arch users beta test for manjaro how come manjaro breaks more often than arch?
Because it does.

I have yet to see it break in the last 3 years. Installed XFCE/KDE version without an issue.
Don't be a grungy cunt user.

what distro do YOU recommend?
Even though this is hard to do on an user board

Puppy linux - unix for pet people

Pet person here.

Hi ND user

Just use Antergos at least.. don't fall for the Memejaro meme

Gateway to Arch

It's fucking awesome. First distro that just clicked with me. Mint and buntu were too complicated with all the user friendly shit, and always seem to have way too many bugs. Can't believe it took me so long to try it out. Don't listen to the memers, it's great. Bonus: it can install your proprietary gpu drivers automatically at instillation.

>I used mint and it sucks

there are two versions of mint, Mint debian and mint ubuntu. Mint ubuntu is just ubuntu but green, mint debian is awesome. I doubt you bothered trying both, since you were too busy shitposting on reddit about your epic hacker skills, fucking faggot.

use a separate partition for /home, it has lots of packages and since your are n00bie it'll break at some point if you install more packages, keep track of the .conf files that you customize in case you need to reinstall or migrate.
It takes time to understand rolling release, just used it, install things till it breaks, is not big deal reinstall or even another distro and use the same /home for every linux.

It's shit. They use their own packages which are taken directly from Arch, and half the time they are behind in updating them.

Just use arch like a normal autist.