I'm on Windows 10 right now, should I fucking go for it and install Linux or install Windows 7 or 8.1?

I'm on Windows 10 right now, should I fucking go for it and install Linux or install Windows 7 or 8.1?
>most asked question possibly

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install Linux or Windows 7.

win 8.1 alongside Linux ::^)))))

you'll end up fucking up your boot partition. i know you will.

I just went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro and then back to 7 and then lastly 10 ltbs.

I only went back because you can now add the Arc Dark theme and make it look like loonix.

I have two desktops, one which already has Linux.

>website for "advanced" people
>board for tech savvy technology enthusiasts
>everybody here is a normie scumbag who cant think for himself, relies on opinions of shitty tech journals, hates on windows and praises fat gnu man, while he cant even remove a system app or change a group policy to tweak the system to his liking
how do you even breathe

But where was Win 2000?

On another note, I fell into the Windows 10 botnet meme and it's too late to go back, what do I do if I don't want to lose all my files? I used to have Windows 7.

Sup Forums is full if reddit circlejerkers, and Sup Forums has more than a lot of other boards. People just want preference affirmation, not real discussion.

So where would you recommend I go to get help with a question? I hopped over to Sup Forums thinking someone here might be able to help.

I can't tell if you're OP or not, but for that kind of question you could really just do a search for the pros and cons, or if you're afraid one will miss a feature from the other, search "Linux/Windows (feature) equivalent" before pulling the trigger. Or dual boot idfk. The question was raised with no background and a meme, albeit true, comic.

Sup Forums's a lot more receptive if your thread has most of the following qualities:

Your post implies you know at least a little about the subject you're asking about, that you did prior research, that the question *really* begs for a personal opinion, that there isn't already a thread for this, or some good banter can spawn from the subject

Seriously at least 10 people have gotten the same question answered on StackOverflow already. This applies to every tech question you've ever asked

Install windows 7 or XP in a Virtual Machine hosted on Linux

Dual boot Linux and Windows 7.

Go for 8.1 with classic shell.
7 is for nostalgia fags, 8.1 is just the better alternative.
I'm using 8.1 on my desktop for gaming and Debian on my Thinkpad for programming.

I mean lets get real for a moment. You install windows 10 in about 45 minutes and for most linuxes its about the same but remember. Biggest base linuxes are about 1 gigabytes or 2 while windows 10 can be more than 5 gigabytes of data. And what happens when you open them. On linux there are about 2 functional buttons, 3 are nonfunctional and in those two buttons there are some pictures to play with. Maybe slide down or up. On windows though, you feel like a god. Its professional its fast, its all functional. You have a godlike user interface. The thing that linux does not have. You have those two buttons in linux, but you still search google for codes to write in terminal. Linux is free because its not worth a penny. Nobody would sell a paper without taking the money. Just not sure why people still buy android while windows phone does 10 times more. Trust me. When you work with windows you know some genius ground breaker dedicated himself to give you an operational os

back up files on an external HD

Not actually OP, my question is different. I'm having an issue with Windows 10 and specifically explorer.exe. It likes to crash daily, the start menu/statusbar/desktop background all go black and unresponsive. Everything else works fine, I just have to go into task manager and manually restart the process. I've tried looking around but haven't found my specific problem, only things relating to explorer restarting itself. I don't know if it could be because of my multi-monitor setup, or some other obscure difference my computer has.

in the same place of WinXP before SP2 came out

Try Linux for a month and I guarantee that you will never want to back to Windows, after a few months of Linux trying to use Windows again made me want to gargle shotgun mouthwash

i'm a potato

What's so good about Linux? I don't get it.

Install Gentoo/Win10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux

Windows 7 in a virtual machine

OP here, so far it looks like Windows 8.1 and 7 are equal popularity, but I feel like I should get something a bit more newer and get security updates so I guess I'll get Windows 8.1, disable telemetry and fucking shit like that, and maybe I'll dual boot with some Linux distro.

What's so good about pussy? I just don't get it

What's so good about oxygen? I don't get it.

>unless I maybe go balls deep and Linux all the things
But idk still. I'll see tomorrow.