What's Sup Forums's opinion on Lubuntu?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Lubuntu?

Other urls found in this thread:

l3net.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/a-memory-comparison-of-light-linux-desktops/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is Linux. And therefore useless to the layman.

*buntu and Ubuntu-related distros are all easy and usable, and get the job done.

what DE is that again?

I used on a netbook once, it worked ok
Had a minor but annoying issue with the nm-aplet
But ended up just installing windows because of the graphics driver

LXDE

Based distro

>layman
>Sup Forums

It's nice but I prefer Xubuntu, looks nicer while still being just as lightweight.

Ugly and shitty and annoying to use. If you really want to save resources on a slow PC, just use solely a window manager.

dwm is the gentoo of window managers

Pros over Fedora LXDE Spin:
>Good fonts right off the bat
>proprietary drivers available without RPMfusion

Cons against Fedora LXDE spin
>Doesn't have DNF
>can't start into openbox without modding config files
>doesn't use default locations for openbox and LXDE config files

I prefer the Fedora version myself since I'm used to editing config files.

Installed on my laptop quickly for it to be lightweight and optomised, but the arch install on my desktop is more lightweight

still waiting for them to finally put in lxqt. It was supposed to be here already a long time ago but it just keeps getting postponed

Tbh though I wouldn't install it anymore anyway. Arch is a much better base system than shitbuntu, it doesn't break itself with every goddamn package update and everything just werks on it.

>Not using Mint

I wish my teeth were this nice.

Runs well on my old P4 pc

It just ubuntu with a different DE and its not like installing a new dekstop enviroment was hard

> just as lightweight.
no

Yes

XFCE is more bloated than MATE

fuck off

XFCE literally uses 200 MB RAM when idle, sounds like PEBKAC to me.

You wish you were as handsome as the guy from Push

I'll just leave this here

And LXDE literally uses like 100MB

AKA no noticable difference at all as long as you have 512 MB RAM or more

My nigga!
Best part of the XFCE DE is how easy it is to then remote in from a windows machine.
>sudo apt-get install xrdp
Done

Running 3 instances off this N3150.

0/10

I did Arch in a month, you can do it.

what unit is the x line ?

Fake curving on panels needs to go.
Curved panels don't even look good in real life.

Memory usage in MB

thanks amigo

Just install Ubuntu and you'll be fine.

It's just Ubuntu with a different DE

can't rice lxde

Did you make that up, mate? It's clearly not labeled.

I thought I told you to quit using my name.

╭∩╮

You can disable LDXE and rice openbox though

Still just Ubuntu with a different DE. You can install Openbox in normal Ubuntu as well.

You can do that on normal Ubuntu, what's Lubuntu's true reason to exist?

l3net.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/a-memory-comparison-of-light-linux-desktops/

It was a meme, that annotation was added after the author got thoroughly jimmy-rustled at the time that article was published.

Whoops, meant to respond to

my first distro, it has a place on my heart. first time using it it made me feel like I had a different laptop on hands. first time using it I was ecstatic at how compact, fast, responsive, simple and advanced/explicit it all was (compared to windows). everything just worked. even flash wouldn't stutter, even if I tried to stress it. I just couldn't take the grin off my face. it legit made me very happy.
I moved away from it to distro-hop and also because of some sleep-mode issue.

but yes, it's what made me fall in love with linux. couldn't stop thinking why it took me so long too.

Have you used other DEs (or just lone WMs) since then and realized LXDE is a shit middle-ground? I guess if you like having an ugly UI that requires editing text files for most of its configuration.

XFCE is just as "fast, responsive, simple and advanced/explicit" but isn't as ugly and annoying to use. Lone window managers even more so.

is the fat clogging your eyes or don't you know what 'distro-hopping' means? Even by accident I would stumble over different DE's, but yes I did it intentionally.

I said it was my first distro, the one enamored me with linux. Never did I say it was the best.

You talk like an entitled fat bitch. You should be more polite, specially when no one invited your opinion, like it is at the moment.

It's even worse because none of what you said is of use to me.

Actually, i believe it is in MiB, instead of MB.