So Sup Forums I fucked up and installed my CPU into my mobo backwards, it was 4 am and I wasn't paying much attention...

So Sup Forums I fucked up and installed my CPU into my mobo backwards, it was 4 am and I wasn't paying much attention, i've built 2 PCs before and this was the first time I fucked up so bad. I know that the CPU is probably toast now, but do you think I could still use the mobo? If I can then it wouldn't be a total loss...

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/4zc3mt/build_help_done_goofed_and_installed_processor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cpu is probably fine. if you actually put it in the wrong way then only the pins on your motherboard will be fucked. RMA your motherboard.

FIRST, you must install gentoo

>installed my CPU into my mobo backwards
Literally how? It's keyed.

cut your nails you filthy shit

CPU is bent though? And there doesn't seem to be any bent pins on the mobo, but do you think I can return it to the store I bought it from and say that it was like that out of the box?

What the actual fuck did you do?

>oh it's not in properly? maybe if i try and lock it in place when i pull the latch down all will be well

CPUs literally just drop into place and if they're not in place it should be immediately noticeable. This is ridiculous.

Also that CPU is huge

I think he means he installed it upside down, heat spreader against the socket. Must've taken some effort to clamp down.

Why did you rip a reddit post
reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/4zc3mt/build_help_done_goofed_and_installed_processor/

>it was 4 am
I get that this most likely is bait. But why the fuck would anyone put together their PC in 4 in the morning?

Not OP (who's copying from a reddit post) but I don't sleep much and often spend my time fucking with things at late/early hours

I don't think time has anything to do with it. Putting something together when you're exhausted might be a bad plan but it's really hard to fuck up a computer anyway I don't see how you'd go wrong. Maybe on cleaning/applying thermal paste if you were too tired but even then I doubt you'd fuck up anywhere near "this is broke" proportions unless you started spraying thermal paste remover on to the mobo like a retard.

This, and why not read the fucking manual? Especially since it's 8 years since your last build. Besides, it should be pretty noticeable if a CPU is backwards.

>I think he means he installed it upside down, heat spreader against the socket
He'd have to be literal full retard

How the fuck do you install the OS first.
Also, Gentoo includes installation recipes for a number of nonfree programs in its primary package system.
OP should nstall a FSF approved distribution such as BLAG, Dragora, Dynebolic, gNewSense, Guix System Distribution ,Musix, Parabola, Trisquel, Ututo XS, libreCMC, or ProteanOS.

The fuck is he even doing? I thought he was extreme tin foil hat about the internet?

How can you even install the CPU backwards without noticing? The notches are there for a reason. It won't fit flat in the socket and it will be WAY more difficult to latch the bracket in place.

Why did you go on reddit

did the same on my first build. except I dropped my CPU into the socket from like a foot or two
>go to Newegg
>do gib new mobo pls
>one week later
>new mobo is here

same op recently did my first build in 40 years and i tried to solder the pins to the contacts surprisingly it didnt work

op i have no remorse for your failure
you deserve to lose the money
try to be a better human

Wait how old is this pc? Cause depending on the socket one or the other has pins.

The pins are easy to bend. The other will not be easy to damage.

Its been awhile since Ive seen pins on a cpu.