Tfw being a CS student and getting all that cool shit from Microsoft's Dreamspark

>tfw being a CS student and getting all that cool shit from Microsoft's Dreamspark

get fucked linux cucks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TQoKFovvigI
youtube.com/watch?v=cLory3qLoY8
youtube.com/watch?v=XZmGGAbHqa0
businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-google-dumping-microsoft-windows-company-wide-blames-windows-for-china-hacking-attack-2010-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Being a CS student and limiting yourself to one OS

Never going to make it senpai.

>his university gives out Pajeet Care Packages
your degree might be a meme, just a thought

We have entire classes for learning how unix-like systems works as well.
And when I was still in school I used to play around with my debian VMs.

>being this buttblasted
cry some more NEET loser ;^)

That's like working for a car company and them handing you a free car with a broken transmission and blown headgasket.

>posts
>doesn't provide evidence to support his argument

Nice one :)

>tfw having access to Dreamspark but not using it because I'm not a cuck

How about you post "evidence" that we should want to use broken microsoft products?

Who even phrases sentences like that? Have you been diagnosed with autism?

>he hasn't heard about updates breaking webcams, drivers, PowerShell, and random reboots
Just how stupid are you?

>It's a le edgy Sup Forums newfag tries to fit in by talking shit about microsoft's products episode

what are you going to do next?
tell me to install gentoo xddd?

Why are you so happy about it? You're using Linux anyways. No school worth its salt doesn't have Linux labs for its classes. I'm glad I get the free dreamspark windows shit too (muh gaymens), but it's not really an argument against Linux.

My Uni gave it out to everyone regardless of major.

It's just a bait post to trigger those who live off autismbucks/Walmart salary and just so happen to visit this board.

Well first I've been browsing Sup Forums for five years. Second, you're obviously an 18 year old college freshman who hasn't even begun his first semester and is super excited about all the free crapware. Third, you haven't written much more than a few lines of java yet, so you have no idea how "fun" it's going to be developing on windows.

So in other words, you may be old enough to post on Sup Forums now, but you still have much to learn.

>implying this doesn't happen (way more often by the way) on linux

kek

And yet linux runs all of the world's mission critical software, with uptimes in terms of months and years. Weird, it's almost like you're talking out of your ass...

I am 2 years in
We don't work with java, we started working with C and then C# and C++ for OOP.
I'm dealing with data structures now.

Both Google and Facebook use Windows server alongside linux distributions as well just so you know.

>I am 2 years in
>I'm dealing with data structures now.
Pick one. Data structures are first semester material.

Holy shit, lol, do you actually believe this?

>posts
>doesn't provide evidence to support his argument
So youre retarded

Do they vomit content on student's faces in your university?
Universities do expect CS/CE students to start their courses with at least basic knowledge about programming but they also DO not expect this from at least 1/2 or 2/3 of the class.

That being said, a intro to programming in C or Java followed by OOP and Data structures would be kinda nonsense for a single semester.

I sure miss what i never used.
You did show me big time, user!

Well if you're one of the mentally handicapped "lol code is cool XXDDD" people you can take it second semester, but you sure as fuck don't ever take it in your second year.

>being a filthy undergrad
>even worse: being an incoming high schooler
No wonder you love shit software

youtube.com/watch?v=TQoKFovvigI

youtube.com/watch?v=cLory3qLoY8

youtube.com/watch?v=XZmGGAbHqa0

You really do sound pissed off
Do you even enjoy your course?
Do you even enjoy programming or are you feel that you need to ruin it for everyone?
Just a tip: you aren't really making it sound bad for me lad ;)

I guess you need to take a break and maybe quit or something.

>get Education edition from Dreamspark
>install LTSB and get a bloat free Win10 that activates with the key

businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-google-dumping-microsoft-windows-company-wide-blames-windows-for-china-hacking-attack-2010-5

You seem to be getting pretty breathless there kiddo. Maybe you're not quite ready for college yet. :^)

>shellshock bash bug
>most wireless cards don't work properly
>deprecated software such as X.org

Linux has it's problems just like Windows but at least I'm able to acknowledge this unlike you.

>2010
>videos I just posted are from 2013/14

Yeah you sure proved your point.

>implying shellshock isn't fixed and also that it was a bug
It was a simple logic error. Hardly a bug like you wintards get every day.
>deprecated software such as X.org
I think you mean deprecated software such as explorer.exe.

>implying google isn't known for posting disinformation about their data centers
>implying they would ever dream of installing windows server on a machine facing the public internet

>implying X.org works better than explorer and dwm

>GNU/ Linux: Holy shit, we found *a* bug!
>windows: Whelp, I guess I got hit with viruses that downloaded ransomware again. Business as usual.

lamo

>I don't even know what I'm talking about so I'm just going to start using program names that I vaguely know the name of

>explorer
Literally a Win3.1 application that got ported 50 times over. At least X was written for a 32 bit OS instead of a 16 bit one. I hope you enjoy those extra 8.3 filenames that are buried under all your bloat.

I'm seriously lacking of words to describe how stupid and retarded you are, kid.
Your "evidence" even said that Google Data Centers run on striped down version of Linux. Did you even pass listening comprehension in preschool? Or you are too retarded and too delusional to think that they are running Windows?

bloat, bloat, bloat

Is there any other argument diehard linux fans can ever come up with?

if bloat is such a huge problem then why don't you just go back to ricing your Arch full of weebshit?

>windows xp running on the machines
>windows server is sometimes shown

are you blind?

I do both Engineering and Compsci papers as part of my engineering degree

I just signed up to a second Dreamspark account so I could have more Windows keys etc

The trouble is though, I only have 1 PC

hmm

>Windows 10 is nice, it's fun having cortana running 24/7 and using 25% of my CPU whenever I open the start menu
Kill yourself.

Retarded. Those are fucking CLIENT. You should just end yourself. The world will be a much better place.

>XP
Didn't Google ban the use of Windows some years ago?

I know they only use XP as client you raging autist
but there are also videos showing them using windows server 2012.

Cortana can be disabled retard.

>Cortana can be disabled retard.
lel
If you "disable" it that does fuck all.
If you remove it then your Windows update gets fucked and you can enjoy your gaping security holes.

>windows updates

Not a concern unless you use torrents/adobe flash/java overall: stuff that you shouldn't even be using in the first place.

you're only getting malware if you either are retarded or really want to.

>view font
>get exploited
>>duuuurrr you don't need updates xd
Kill yourself.

Linux 2.6.17 - 2.6.24.1 Kernels were also affected by this.
So?

And I could upgrade without Cortana being present. What's your point?

Win10 Enterprise LTBS N exists
what's your point?

you mean all that shit you can pirate anyway?

I always loved when the microsoft cock suckers come out when I was still at univerisity. I never engaged, because that's pointless. Just laughed at how factually incorrect their pontifications were.

Why not run some VMs?

>implying normal users can even get that
Also enjoy your monthly fee. Sure is 2016 in here when you're on a subscription OS.

>implying normal users can even get that
>normies
>paying for subscriptions

stop being stupid. You can run whatever version of windows your heart desires, using install media sourced directly from microsoft, without paying a cent.

>muh licensing

Microsoft doesn't care and neither should you

Windows uses RAM caching; if you open task manager and select the Memory section under the performance tab you get a break down on what is actually in use.

No, due to the Windows market share they can't ditch Windows for development.

>implying I'm a non-normal user

also
see If you're so fucking paranoid about malware getting in your machine just use a Linux/BSD machine and constantly update it
Nobody gives a shit.

Google has windows, linux, macs, and chromebooks in their fleet but mostly macs and linux, generally the only ones who use windows anymore are excel drones and engineers with autocad but mostly use linux/mac for everything else.

>tfw be anyone with internet access and getting all that cool shit from the open source community

get fucked win cucks

So you get a intro to C/Java + OOP + a intro to data structures under 1 semester?

Now that I think about it it's actually viable:

1st month + 2nd month = intro to programming
-1st week: libraries, printf, scanf commands and basic info about C

-2nd week: info about int, float and char + if, if else/else if

-3rd week: do while, for + using the math.h library

2nd Month:

-1st week: functions
-2nd week: pointers
-3rd week: recursive functions

and 2 months for OOP + 2 months for data structures

+ tests at the very end of each 3rd week