What the fuck is stopping people from making a decent browser? Why is everything a reskin of Chrome...

What the fuck is stopping people from making a decent browser? Why is everything a reskin of Chrome? Why is Firefox even worse?

Fuck this noise, I just want a decent browser.

JavaScript

I had hoped Vivaldi was going to be a new Opera but nooooooooo it had to be another Chrome.

>mfw the only decent browser is three years old

Install Midori. It's literally the only acceptable akternative to tge big names.

Firefox would already be a lot better if it had gotten rid of XUL and XPCOM already. FACT.

Don't forget pocket and all that shit

Well, it's a lot of code that you have to know how to use. If you wanted to fork Firefox, you'd have to have a team of programmers who knew C++, JavaScript, C, CSS, XUL, and XBL. You would also need to know about networking and protocols. You'd also need to have an idea of what the codebase already there does and is for, which might take years to get acquainted with.

MFGA is not as simple as desiring to do so. I'm not even a programmer and I understand this.

Because the second a new browser doesn't support one half-broken XML Javascript flash widget in some retarded corner of the internet, it becomes literally unusable trash and everybody uninstalls it.

XUL is what makes Firefox extensible. Getting rid of it gets rid of easy tweaks compared to what needs to be done for other browsers. Isn't that right?

yeah but because of it they can't make enhancements into the core.

>"Enhancements"
So they say.

>.png

You'd probably have to start from scratch without forking: no Gecko, no Blink, no Trident, no QtWebkit, no QtWebengine. It's hard to imagine someone without millions upon millions being up to a task that doesn't seem that profitable.

Do you realize how many lines of codes need to be thought out and written to create a new browser (not Chrome reskins made in React)?

Yes, firefox needs to be a 100% chrome clone. Why don't we replace gecko with webkit, too?

>What the fuck is stopping people from making a decent browser?
Chrome exists, you know.

What is stopping you from making a decent browser?

IceDragon is basically Firefox without all that shit bloatware.

Firefox with one tab open uses 400 MB on Windows
IceDragon uses 200 MBs

>Firefox without all that shit bloatware
Does it use Australis or the original GUI?

Shit.