Why do engineers and programmers still let themselves enslaved by stupid pretentious fucks called HR?

Why do engineers and programmers still let themselves enslaved by stupid pretentious fucks called HR?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/study-finds-surprisingly-that-women-are-favored-for-jobs-in-stem/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampling_error
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck are you talking about?

hr isn't that bad

some qts

I am talking that engineers are slaves and under the mercy of HR fuckers.

They are spies. They are stupid and pretentious yet they actually own the engineers.

>why can't I take muh gaymergate to work?
Because the world doesn't revolve around you. You're replaceable. Even if you offer a service that's unique in all the human race, the world's been spinning for 5 billion years without your input, and it will continue to spin for the next 5 billion without you. Nobody needs you. If your work is worth less than that of everybody you can't get along with, you're the one who goes.

You hate Human Resources why exactly?...

Did someone report you for sexual harassment?

Again, what the fuck are you talking about?

Are you drunk?

I think a white male twenty-something just got his first taste of life outside the shelter of his helicopter parents.

As a male twenty something myself I find this pretty funny

OP ON SUICIDE WATCH

if you become an hero don't spare anyone

Not OP, but if someone is going to block my entrance into employment for stupid fucking reasons, it's HR. I'm certain at least one of them threw my resume out purely because it had a white male name.

Of course I hate HR, I'll always hate HR and can't wait till it becomes corporate policy to simply do away with them or at least hire them differently (no more sociology grads, please).

It's a farce that absolutely no one is willing to show sympathy to white men, but everyone expects white men to show sympathy everywhere else.

I'm unemployed, fuck you, you can't get lower than me in western civilization. I'm at a point where there are people who think the only reasonable solution to my problem is suicide.

>HR
>meaningful work
lol

>I'm certain
You seem paranoid. Statistically speaking, your resume is likely to be thrown out if you have a female name or African American sounding name.

Also, if you listen closely you can hear the worlds smallest violin playing just for you.

>I'm unemployed, fuck you, you can't get lower than me in western civilization.

>Posting on g, so has access to the internet, can read and write

Could be using a really old Android on public wireless

>Why can't the world sympathize with how upset I am that the world doesn't 100% revolve around me?

What ever gave you the idea that it should?

>can read and write
>able to form coherent sentences

What's his excuse?

Lies.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/study-finds-surprisingly-that-women-are-favored-for-jobs-in-stem/

The way it works is people like you say there's bigotry, you say it's in my favour rather than against me, then you end with some literally sociopathic bullshit that demonstrates your complete inability to experience empathy or sympathy such as:
>world's smallest violin

The reality is that the people picking and choosing resumes are SJW as fuck.

Good thing I'm a westerner than, are we not talking about western problems?

Honestly, the fact that so much empathy and sympathy is demanded from white men towards others.

We have become disadvantaged in our own areas.

>in WESTERN CIVILIZATION
If you can't read, thats your fault. Pay attention in free, not to mention mandatory, public school. Public libraries also give many homeless access to free internet, why not a jobless white man?

So what's his excuse?

>We have become disadvantaged in our own areas.

>Muh Muh SJW
You're pathetic. Get a fucking job.

>Fuck HR! Why won't they hire me?! They being racist to the white men!

>If you can't read, thats your fault.

ah yes because that was the point I was making thank you, you are obviously having trouble so let me help you out, someone said on an image board over the internet that nobody can get lower than him in western society.

I NEVER stated that people lower than him were there by choice or not. So you can take your strawman and go fuck yourself with it

I respect your grasp of logic, even if I have a distaste for degenerate sympathizers.

It's not an error if
>It's provable through multiple arguments/data
>Is actually happening

When are you going to admit that HR destroyed STEM hiring? Maybe it's not as bad where you live, but this is one of the most left leaning cities in the world.

That's the idea.

I've applied to double digit STEM jobs and received pure rejection. Before you blame the victim, which seems to be acceptable if it's a white man, I've done multiple internships, have multiple degrees and own a website. I also have multiple github projects, one of which I've proven is more performant than many commercial alternatives.

So instead of wanting to assume I'm pathetic, because that's easy since the problem becomes out of sight and out of mind, admit that there is a problem.

HR in STEM care way too much about race and gender. This is bigotry. This is an affront to equality of opportunities.

I'm not far off becoming homeless. When you're as poor as me, maybe getting 5$ a week at best from friends and family, people stop wanting to hang out with you because they know you can't contribute. People aren't exactly charitable to poor people and because of this I've lost a lot of friends, don't even get me started on dating.

If my parents kick me out, I'll literally live on the streets. I won't even have couches to surf on and if I did, I'd have that luxury for at most a week or two.

Having no employment opportunities despite a degree has fucked up my life. The basic fact is I absolutely would have a job by now if I was an Asian woman with the exact same skills. You can deny this, but I've already proven it true. Your sociopathic responses don't change that fact.

So okay, it can get worse, but after it does I wouldn't last long anyway.

Again, the only solution Sup Forums will give me is suicide. The employment woman told me to suffer. Literally no one wants to help me succeed... Because I'm a white male.

Sorry, what's oppression again?

If HR is out to get white men then why are there still plenty of white men in the field? Or are you just being singled out because you're a special snowflake?

There's something you aren't telling us. There's no way you couldn't be hired with all of those credentials. Your Computer Science degree that you received from an accredited 4-year institution should be able to get you a job. I wonder what the problem is? And don't use the fact that you're white as a reason you aren't getting hired because that's just bullshit and you know it.

Because HR only controls entrance and does not control when someone is fired? Furthermore, they actually think it's more legal to discriminate in hiring than firing someone out of discrimination.

Your argument was as compelling as questioning evolution because monkeys exist.

You're right and I'll be honest if you (the two of you?) stop your sociopathy, because who does it seriously help unless you're actually convincing me to commit suicide?

The first something is I'm only 25. I've just finished uni and facing the SJW at its deepest of shit. Are you older? Then of course it wasn't as bad for you. Are you younger? Then you haven't began applying.

I have no job experience besides my internship, unfortunately there's nothing I can do about this since I actually applied for all the retail/fast-food jobs after I finished high school and they rejected me too. I took that as "probably too old to start" and focused on my coursework and my 3.2GPA.

Yeah, I'm not a perfect candidate, but to be honest not all of the other high achievers in class worked jobs either. I honestly was part of that group that the smart kids studied with because I honestly wasn't bad. The low achieving hot chick that I tolerated, who did not work, got a 1.5gpa and barely spoke fluent English got offered an interview at the third job she applied for. That's at least 10 times better than my rate of interviews.

That's being honest.

Now I honestly expect you to return the favour and take my honest account into question and allow my experience to influence your world view on the STEM employment situation, because it is not fair. You'd have to be a child with some sort of two wrongs making a right idea why it could possibly be fair.

Judging by some of your reactions, I know you're at least associated to something similar. Most guys in my point of view sit and shut up when seeing this, because fuck this argument. No matter what's said or what's happened, you refuse to admit it.

You seem.. on edge.. are you okay?

You're providing a refutation to anecdotal evidence of this deranged suicidal person. It's pointless.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

A. Not OP.
B. I have a valid experience. The fact that I want unemployment to end so much it's existential is besides the point.

No, I'm honestly not.

Wow dude, I do too, mine says that women get paid more in STEM.

Yeah, I tried responding to you and redoing my other post at the same time. Meant to delete
and dogpile with you

>dogpile
>the moment when you realise they're here
CTR, aren't you meant to stay on Sup Forums?

>hey guis I haz infographics!

You're probably right.

>I think in Sup Forums memes
>they're pointing out I'm thinking in Sup Forums memes
>the answer must be... another Sup Forums meme!

I don't really think you belong on a tech board.

How long have you been unemployed OP?

You're scaring me. I just got done with my degree and have applied for a couple of jobs. I'm Eastern European though, will I get special treatment or do I not count?

because this is what op, or anyone else here, seems to be advocating.
nice false equivalency, fgt. kys.

I never mentioned anything about the race, hithead. I am not even talking about the employment process. I mean, inside the workplace, they are not doing anything actually but spying on you and trying to extract anything you said or did to make you under their mercy.

OP has literally been saying this entire thread "Why does the white man have it so hard?" in which case everyone here is laughing at him for how utterly pathetic he sounds.

Fucking asshole. Read this.

because companies aren't little sovereign countries, and outside of the company is a whole legal system where some twink can sue you for calling him a faggot and the courts will give him everything of value that you own.

So the "HR fucks" tell you to ease off the faggot jokes like the merciless tyrants that they are, and while you autistic faggots bitch, moan, and cry about how you're being enslaved for not being able to call someone a "double faggot", they're saving their bosses from spending $600/hour in attorney fees to try to get rid of a lawsuit they could have also avoided if they had just not hired a whiny cunt of an autist.

>statistically

What statistics? Surely you have a source when you throw around this pretense.

I'll wait.

>I'll wait.

So you in a few light years then

I thought this was a thread where we all provide anecdotal evidence? OP seems to be having a great time doing so.

If you have realistic experience with projects that are applicable to the job listing, you'll be fine.

If not, you're probably screwed.

Yeah I'm not holding out hope. People who toss around the word, "statistically" are more often than not pseudo intellectuals with no evidence other than their feelings on the subject.

Where are you located and link to your github?

Serious as a heart attack here OP. If you're in one of the cities my company services in (think large multi-national) and I like your stuff. I'll consider putting in a word for you. Starting salary should be around 75k USD

>m..muh gaymergate!

Com'on OP don't get quiet now. You talked a big game. Show us your work; If I see talent I'll toss your name up. We're always looking for new good hires; besides I get a bonus if you don't suck.

"I didn't get hired, everyone who got hired is a slave"

Not going to keep monitoring this thread OP. This offer has an expiration.

this is a slow board, you dumb shit

Do you have a source to back that claim up? ;-)

Oh I'm sorry. Did I just not offer some feckless faggot on the internet a possibility at a 75k starting salary that was just bitching about having to find a job flipping burgers?

Eat a dick mouth breather.

OP was quick to reply earlier, huh wonder what happened. Really makes me think.

Which is funny. I could be talking out of my ass (I'm not), but not replying just looks pathetic. Shit he could post some random dude's github and I probably wouldn't notice.

I wouldn't give my information to a foul mouthed user on an anime imageboard anyway.

Why? You seem pretty desperate for a job that you're crying about it on an anime image board.

This is terrifying.

I never want to leave school. Grad student?

I'm not OP.

>Foul mouthed
Lmfao fucking pansy.

Then bud out?

Only idiots go to grad school using student loans. Hell only idiots go directly into grad school without any work experience.

Do the smart thing. Get your Bachelor's, get a job with a cushy benefit package; work there for 2 or 3 years; have the company pay for your grad school. Either quit or re-enter the company with a new title & higher pay.

Tough realities for grad students
>No financial aid. All loans. Fuck you
>You have no work experience. Fuck you said the interviewer.
>You have a graduate degree, you demand a higher salary; but due to your insignificant work history; no one wants to take the risk in hiring you at such a high rate. Fuck you said management.

not him, but this isn't exactly a bombshell. at this point i'm not even sure an experimental study on this topic would be publishable unless the environment was different (e.g. the Airbnb example at the end) or the findings were totally unexpected.

i couldn't paste all the abstracts, but i compiled a very short set of abstracts from some of the more impactful papers that demonstrate this now-obvious effect.

>the difference persists whether the host is African-American or White
fucking kek

#AUFSCHREI

It's a troll thread. We've already established this.

Besides, we all know that Tyrone Watkins isn't getting a call back. I honestly don't think that nigga knows C#.

>Tough realities for grad students
>No financial aid
i hear this and the "lol internships are slave labor for no money" shit a lot on Sup Forums. do you guys all study journalism or something? in CS (and in STEM in general) it's unheard of for a PhD student to take out loans for their education. i've even talked to a few social sciences grad students who have said that there's a similar thing going on in their areas. and that's the social sciences. i would fully expect those people to be drowning in debt.

you might have to pay for a master's, but if you're interested in a masters then you should get your company to pay for it. if you don't have that option for some reason, then get into a PhD program and then bail after you do the necessary work for a masters. it's not desired, but your first 2-3 years as a PhD student will consist principally of doing courses and other shit that you can also use to satisfy the requirements for a master's degree. so take advantage of the funding they'll definitely give you as a grad student (again, in the preposterous case of them not wanting to fund master's students), and stop bitching.

>If my parents kick me out, I'll literally live on the streets.

>if I was an Asian woman

>Because I'm a white male.

>The first something is I'm only 25.

>The low achieving hot chick that I tolerated, who did not work, got a 1.5gpa and barely spoke fluent English got offered an interview at the third job she applied for

have you considered transitioning?

I have no idea. I didn't go the PhD route, I wanted to actually have meaningful employment.

PhD students still suffer from this issue
>You have a graduate degree, you demand a higher salary; but due to your insignificant work history; no one wants to take the risk in hiring you at such a high rate. Fuck you said management.

I know this one raging bitch that went the PhD route. She makes 1/4th my salary teaching Java at a community college.

You don't even have to transition.
Just show up to the interviews in drag and you're a guaranteed diversity hire.

Or a fucking head case. I wouldn't want to work with some fucking queen named Rainbow bright that showed up in drag.

Shit we'd find any flaw that isn't your sexual orientation (and there would be plenty) that would disqualify you as a hire.

this only works in Sun Funcisco

enjoy your lawsuit

Not how equal opportunity lawsuits work pal. There has to be valid reason to believe that a protected group or person was not allowed employment based on the criteria of sex, religion, race, or sexual preference.

I don't have to tell you shit as to why we didn't hire you. All you get is a nicely worded fuck you in your email.

If someone is dumb enough to slip up and say "yeah we aren't hiring queers" during the interview; then they fucking deserve to get sued.

What if they throw a huge fit on twitter and start generating bad press because your company is run by transphobic bigots?

Most HR knows its stuff okay.

And qualified engineers and programmers are usually treated well in companies.

Of course, the problems you are facing are often tedious as fuck on their own, but the place of work usually tries to mitigate further stress and distractions and usually has a bunch of services for you... Typically far more than with other jobs.

If it's a good place, the engineers and programmers are additionally close to management (and usually management will follow their advice, 'cause they're the experts for their stuff).

>If it's a good place, the engineers and programmers are additionally close to management

I've personally really enjoyed this. This is has made my annual evaluations so easy. My last evaluation for my raise was grabbing a beer with my manager and a coworker.

then they might publish their internal notes on how you failed to invert a binary tree, tried to bait people into arguments, etc...

there's no law against that in the US. if they keep notes that amount to "this guy's incompetent, and i don't know but i'd guess he lied about some of the things on his resume" then they could publish it at their discretion.

good luck getting hired after raising a shitstorm only to get very publicly, very violently anally raped.

>Applications with identical skills were randomly assigned Middle Eastern- or Swedish-sounding names and applications with a Swedish name receive fifty percent more callback for an interview

fucking kek!

this
if ur still rage, make it a murder suicide pls

Ohh, and start with the Asian woman.

HR is basically there to protect the company against lawsuits from former employees

so basically the countries laws are at fault

>slave
Uh, I don't deal with HR at all?

Where the fuck do you work OP?

Based on your posts. You're not being hired because of lack of credentials or because you're white. It's because you're an autistic arrogant prick that thinks the world is out to get you.

Blimey, somebody got fired today? Don't worry, user, the NEET life is always there for you.

Take your meds, Terry.

>I'm certain at least one of them threw my resume out purely because it had a white male name.
It's usually if you don't have a white male name, my man

>tfw I have the whitest male name possible, John

I feel so privileged

I'm someone with triple digits income in the IT field.

Bro, it's about the connections. You need to know people on the inside. If you don't, find a way to get connected, and actually get in touch with the recruiters, the managers, the people in charge. You need to make your name known. There are literally hundreds of applications a day. Having good qualifications isn't good enough anymore. You can't depend only on your resume. Though it certainly does help, most of it only helps once you get the interview. It's not a meritocracy (as much as I hate that fact).

Hope that helps.