Music steaming services

which one do you prefer?

I am leaning toward google play music because I have an android and you get the integration that goes along with it, plus you can upload your own library and stream it just the same. Although Spotify is pretty legit as well.(And I like the app's UI) Then there's Apple Music.

All three are about the same price, and have the same selection of musics, just minimal differences in the UI and things like how GPM doesn't have a desktop client, but lets you upload your own library. You can play local files with Spotify as well, but it is a pain in the ass.

So what's your preference?

>inb4 paying for streaming music

>paying for streaming music

Apple music

>best library
>best quality (except for maybe tidal)
>nice client
>lets you upload your own library

Yeah but the android client is terrible. I think its even still in beta.

I used Tidal + Spotify. Best combination of library + quality + good clients. The Tidal on Android could use some work, but it's fine on Windows. Spotify is great everywhere.

Deezer, so far is good

>lets apple delete your own music

Switched from Spotify, to Google Music, to Apple Music. Pretty good choice.

Pandora.
Free.
Plays what you want.
It just werks.
Get an android stereo for your car and a 4g dongle for the best experience.

>ads
>only "radio" stations

So much this. Pandora isn't even on the table.

respond faggots

I use Spotify here and there to find new music, other than that I don't stream at all.

>storage is insanely cheap
>small devices are insanely cheap
>people still think paying money to get streaming music over the goddamn internet is better
I cannot understand nucomputing bullshit.

I use google music. I have amazon prime and I've never once used their music. I'm too anti-fanboy for apple. I don't pandora because I just want to listen to the same songs 100 times in a row. I don't spotify because I was already a googlefag before I heard of them. I only know of iheartradio because I heard of them on FM radio and fuck them because I hate being advertised to. I guess that one icon is beats by dre, didn't know they had a music service but I know their headphones are more of a clothing accessory than anything else. I think another icon is youtube... yeah everyone uses that when they want to look up a song once. dunno what anything else is.

>manually transferring music to your device

why. Whenever you want to listen to something you don't happen to have on your device you either have to find a youtube video or torrent it.

>but I never want to listen to anything that isn't already on my device

okay

>fuck them because I hate being advertised to
Holy fucking autism

>you've got to stream a song here and there when it's not stored locally so just stream it all
Pants on head retarded.

Soundcloud.

some of us aren't too poor for unlimited 4g

No, fuck you. Ads are terrible. The no. 1 reason I root my phone is for Adaway. Do you like that websites take like 5 seconds longer to load because of ads? Do you like how 20% of your screen is adds when you use free apps?

You don't. Fuck ads and fuck you.

Sure, if it's a spur of the moment thing, im gonna go look it up on youtube or something, but if I fin myself listening to the same music repeatedly, im gonna add it to my collection.

I even have sync set up to sync my music collection between all my devices. One and done, and it didn't cost me a subscription fee

I'm not arguing for ads, you fucking moron. I'm saying hating something just because you found out about it thans to an ad is fucking moronic.

Most streaming services let you use local files too.

I fail to see your point.

I didn't 'find out about it' because of an ad, I only know about it because of hundreds of ads, I have heard nothing about it outside of those ads, I'm fucking sick of hearing about it every minute on the radio. so yes, what he said. fuck them and fuck you.

Eat a dick.

I guess it comes down to your individual tendencies.

If you don't really care about finding new music too much you should be okay storing all your music locally and occasionally streaming new things you want to hear.

If you want to hear new music all the time streaming services are probably for you. Unless you don't mind actively torrenting/streaming/buying new music that you want to hear.

Love you

When I want to find new music I use Spotify. When I'm out, I just carry every song I could possibly want to listen to on my person (plus songs I've yet to hear, I find new music quite often by just shuffling my library)

Apple Music and deezer are both promising. Spotify is great but it only works in certain countries. Tidal is way too expensive, $20 for lossless audio when all other services give it for $10. Rest is meh really.

>not downloading all music ever written and setting up a private streaming server

I did this but my hosting company locked my account because I was dumb and tried to log into root on my serverspace.

Basically I didn't have my own server, but allocated bandwidth and storage so root access was a nono.

A dedicated server is fucking expensive tho

To add to this, I probably should have just used my home as my streaming server.

Or maybe just pay $10 per month.

Fuck that

Fuck you

>says the guy that pays $120/year to stream music

Fuck you bitch