It was about fucking time we saw the real Smach Z in action. It's pretty thicc but it's not final hardware

It was about fucking time we saw the real Smach Z in action. It's pretty thicc but it's not final hardware.

youtube.com/watch?v=NFUgDqzbzJM&ab_channel=SMACHZ

Looks like shit

If you care about appearance more than funtionality, battery life, etc; your opinion is not relevant to this product

no u

Looks like psp with Down's syndrome
Also no d-pad.

>Wow, it's really happening... SKYRIM WITH NUDE MODS ON THE GOOO!!!!!!

Everyone they interviewed looked like they either needed mom's credit card, or sucked a lot of cock in bathroom stalls to be able to buy one.

And what a piece of shit even for a prototype. Steam controller wrapped around a 4 inch 4:3 display... Do people just not care about anything anymore?

It's a steam controller, it has the weird touch d-pad thing, it's suppossed to be a Steam Machine.

I think it's pretty nice looking, reminds me of the Vita, besides it's functional.

any info about the price?

I think the original plan still stands, from 300$ on the lowest to something like 600$ on the top models.

It's kind of neat it's actually coming out, just hope they have realistic sales expectations unless it gets super memed.

>AMD
>powerful
>low power
It's DOA

Same, they might have to raise the price of the base model to make up.

Nvidiot get out REEEE.

Amd graphics is fine... cpu is not.
There's a reason they're still hiding the exact specs right?

>games
>steam os

They had mentioned what the exact chip was, but that was over a year ago, plans might have changed since then. Regardless the Jaguar series by AMD is not exactly a vast family with too many options.

if it's 300 bucks could be affordable, otherwise loses sense

Well, the sense is for it to be portable and run Steam/PC games in general, natively. I personally think they are going to have to raise the 300$ price to recover loses.

$300 isnt cheap anymore. You get a ok tablet for 200, and you can add a controller to that.

You aren't going to run skyrim on this, it's weak as shit and runs steamOS. It's for indie games and emulators, which anything can do.

A tablet with a controller is big and cumbersome, and not as powerful as this.

You can also install Windows on this, but you can also get it with SteamOS. And yes, the AMD chip they were saying they were gonna use last year can run Skyrim at around 30FPS or so. Hopefully they upgrade it, but idk if AMD has released a newer version or something.

Can it play anything besides 2d indi games? I feel like you'd be better off just buying a tablet than this thing.

>AMD
enjoy burning down your hands

for what purpose

The kid at 0:43 looks kinda hot to be honest, bet he will convert into a beautiful trap in the future.

>1:25
Cringe.

if that is true they should have put in a proper d-pad instead of that steamcontroller tech

Whoops it's real, most Sup Forums geniuses couldn't stop bitching about how fake it was, well you were wrong smartasses

>AMD

lulz i believe if it's nvidia, their gtx 1000 series/ 1060 dekstop already on laptop.

lol why did they only interview foreign guys?

Gamescom is in germany

That's so confusing, why give the conference an American name if you're not going to have it in America?

Yeah blame the name instead if your retarded ass, gtfo namefag

It's a English name, not an american name.

Most of europe speaks english

forobviously

You can attach peripherals to the touchpads, be it a d-pad, an old-gen button layout, etc. They did this for emulation and for people who preferred control sticks, the patented technology is called "magic z pads"

That's the point user... you'd buy a tablet but the form factor is ass if you want to play games on it. A device like this , can be the pioneer to this form factor, and soon we'll have more powerful variants from many others manufacturers. It's not that hard to understand.

This looks awful. Big. Pretty weak. Looks awkward to hold. Same controls as the steam controller which was shit. Everyone knows SteamOS was/is shit.

>you can use it with a keyboard and mouse
so whats the point?

>"aims at bringing PC gaming to players pockets"
what huge pockets does your pants have to fit this huge brick?

Looks like its meant for small indie games that probably runs on something much cheaper and smaller anyways. You can see it lagging at 0:27 ish

this is neat i guess but you can play emulated games on any newer phone and you can even buy smal clip on controls if you dont want to use the touch screen

>what huge pockets does your pants have to fit this huge brick?
Pants for fat fucks have really big pockets.

>let's compare 17 inch devices to 5 inch devices.

The Steam controller is pretty good, actually, my favorite controller for most games, I will be putting botnet 10 on this bitch, also the final version is going to be smaller and thinner. You can run things like Skyrim in it, it's not a powerhouse, but it's worth it for the form factor. Also you can stream from your PC, and there's going to be a model with a sim card slot so you can stream from anywhere. The Vita definitely inspired this device.

I dunno, it has a decent library, probably not gonna buy one though.

My point is there are devices that does what you want this to do better and/or cheaper. Yeah you can put a desktop OS on it but whats the point if you dont have a keyboard or anyway to type efficiently. It will just be slow and annoying to use. Games like skyrim will run at 30fps max and be annoying to play. If you want to stream games you have the nvidia shield portable that is cheaper(smachz will be $300+ if i understand it right) and probably better. The stream from anywhere feature will have mad latency.

Yes 1/3 of the windows library

You can play PC games with a controller, and the Steam controller can be used as a M&K interface sort of, also if you put Windows 10 in it you are surely gonna be able to use the on-screen keyboard for a lot of things.

The Nvidia shield only works if you have an Nvidia card, and only on local network, the stream from anywhere feature yeah, will depend on your connection I supposse, and where you are, I know it works well on the Vita with PS4. But that's designed specifically for that.

And yes, games like Skyrim will run at around 30FPS, which is fine for me honestly, I can tolerate framerates in the 20s in most games.

I don't know dude, I can literally only thing of 2 other devices that are in the same category as this: The GPD Win and the Dragonbox Pyra, Windows and Android tablets really aren't, since they're usually less powerful, actually bigger and don't have controllers.

>no d-pad

>those 10 fps
another hand half nobody wants

Read the thread you fucking nigger.

What's there to read? It has no dpad, it's shit.

But what are you gonna do with windows 10 on it? Your phone probably does what you want it do do better and you always have that with you.

The Nvidia shield does only work with nvidia cards but honestly the majority has a nvidia card.

It's fine if you dont mind the low fps but the majority of people will not. Playing in even sub 40 feels very clunky for a lot of people and it will be especially bad with the steam controller controls.

There are not a lot of devices that are in the same category as this but between the phone you always have in your pocket and some other device(like maybe the nvidia shield) you can probably do what this does better for a lower price. Depending on what you want to do with it of course.

>Steam controller D-Pad

And if you are still bitchy about the lack of a traditional buttons you can put a traditional D-Pad on top of the existing one.

That sounds horrible

that really does sound horrible

I can't play PC games on my phone dude, that's the whole point, and phone controllers are still very shitty imo, and most of them require bluetooth which drains your battery like a bitch when being constantly in use like that.

See

Still seems horrible.

buy a shield tablet with controller. $75 cheaper, still has game streaming, and a larger screen.

Have you ever used a Steam Controller?

Game Streaming with compatible Nvidia GPUs*

And it's incredibly obnoxious to carry around and there's no way you can play that without a table or somewhere to put the tablet on.

>Have you ever used a Steam Controller?
I honestly hope I can never answer that question with yes.

If it uses that touch shit that the steam controller had, no doubt this will be highly unusable

Yes I did, and it was horrible

The ONLY its good for is mouse only games and navigating windows

I never even implied that you could play PC games on your phone. I'm saying that, for example, the shield does. And whatever you want to do on windows 10 you can do better on your phone. So between your phone and the the shield you would have a better experience.

>Game Streaming with compatible Nvidia GPUs*
Everyone remotely interested in PC gayming has a nvidia card. If you bought a AMD card recently you honestly fucked up desu senpai

Do you honestly believe that the streaming on this device from kickstarter will be better or even the same as the nvidia shield streaming? Get real.

>And it's incredibly obnoxious to carry around
And this huge brick is not? Please stop the maximum kickstarter backing shill.

i haven't even mentioned the poor battery life this will have when playing games naively.

>literally 90€ hardware + a screen and stuff
>600€
>it can't even get 30fps on fucking LoL

If you don't like the Steam controller is because you haven't used it enough :^)

But I can't, I can't play PC games on my Shield, and i'm never falling for the Nvidia meme again. Also the final model of this thing is going to be slightly smaller than the prototype, at around 6 inches or so it's far less cumbersome than a tablet+ controller + place to set it up.

>If you don't like the Steam controller is because you haven't used it enough :^)
Yeah, it's got nothing to do with the DS3 already being perfection or anything.

>DS3
>loose sticks in retarded position
>triggers that you literally cannot get a grip on
>shitty D-Pad with holes in between the directions that fuck your finger if you don't play lifting it carefully every time you wanna change direction.
>perfection

you're calling nvidia a meme and you think shitty device with seemingly no purpose from kickstarter will be better?

Okay, buddy. Keep justifying the money you spent on the kickstarter or whatever.

oh yeah because the steam controller was such a widespread huge success...

>ds3
>shitty dpad

>AMD CPU
lel

>things that never happened
Quit trying to justify the utter shit that is the steam controller

i play with the tablet laying on the floor or sitting on my couch. and it's not my fault you fell for the amd meme.

>kickstarter
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>Can't even run castle crusher at 60 fps
AYYYY