I'm trying to decide between getting a high-end 1440p 144hz g-sync monitor (pic related) and a GTX 1070

I'm trying to decide between getting a high-end 1440p 144hz g-sync monitor (pic related) and a GTX 1070,
or a non g-gync 1440p 144hz monitor and a GTX 1080. it would be for gaming. Is the g-sync worth it?

From what I've heard gsync isn't worth the money, but it's nice to have

so would it be more worth-while to get a GTX 1080 instead and get a lower end 1440p 144hz monitor that doesn't have gsync?

the monitor i'm considering that doesn't have g-sync does have freesync, but i wouldn't be able to make use of it. so it would act like a normal 1440p 144hz monitor instead

I fell for the Goy-sync meme and while it does look nice it's not something I'd pay 150$ extra again. One reason I got it was because there were no good Freesync alternatives in the 1440p 144Hz range. Even though both Asus and Acer do have the exact same monitors in both Goy- and Freesync I couldn't find a single one where I live for reasonable price.

yeah, the g-sync monitor i'm looking at is $900 CAD and the freesync monitors i'm looking a at are under $600 CAD.
even though i wouldn't be able to use freesync with the nvidia card, would the cheaper monitor still be worth the saved money?

>gsync tax
>nvidia tax
kek.
buy a freesync monitor and wait for the amd 490 and youll save almost 1,000 dollars for the same results.

Doesn't make any sense Get the higher performance if you need it for 144Hz, not because you can afford it with your cheap monitor...

IMO get a high quality 4K monitor and the 1070, and sli when you can afford it

yeah, that's the problem i'm having. i'm not sure if the 1070 would even make use of 1440p 144hz, but the 1080 would.

so i guess it would make more sense to get the better card with a non-gsync 1440p 144hz monitor.

i think 21:9 ultrawide is the biggest visual upgrade i have experienced

a 1070 can't properly utilize a 1440p 144Hz monitor.

Either get a 1080p 144Hz or a 1440p 60Hz

Make sure to check the Freesync range. I considered the MG279Q but while it was 144Hz it only supports Freesync within 45-90fps range while most of the G-sync ones do 30-165fps. Not that it matters for you now but in the case you upgrade to AMD card in following years.

>waitfags

what about a gtx 1080 with a cheaper 1440p 144hz monitor that doesn't have gsync?

i wouldn't actually be able to use the freesync though, so wouldn't it just act like a normal 144hz monitor for me?

I have a Gsync screen. It is not worth the extra $200. Got for the non-Gsync and 1080 instead.

Hard to say. 1440p is a whole another league. I'm running a gtx 1070 build with a 1080p 144Hz and some of those modern large-scale games make the fps tip under 100. I imagine it would be worse with 1440p.

poorfags are honestly disgusting

Yes but it's not like you're going to replace your monitor every time you buy new graphics card. Your next card might be AMD then you will curse how your monitor only syncs at 45-90fps range.

Roughly 3/8 of your build should be your GPU. Get the GPU and pickup the monitor when they fall in price.

>Your next card might be AMD
if he switches from winvidia to AMshit, then he honestly deserves that

If you want a new monitor just wait for Dell's OLED to be released. 30" 4k 120Hz 0.1ms 400k:1 static contrast.

thanks, i think i'll go with the gtx 1080 and the cheaper 1440p monitor. seems to be the best option for the money

Sounds expensive as hell. Link to your source on that info?

>im so cool because i threw away 1,000 bucks at a marketing company when i could have spent that 1,000 somewhere else

the goy is strong within you

Just google Dell UP3017Q

>saving all his shekels
sure thing, shlomo

>doesnt know what 'spending it on something else' means
as to be expected from a brand name nigger

>being THIS upset
calm down, yakob

Enjoy it!

>Sounds expensive as hell
A mere $5000! A bargain!

plz help me decide between 144hz TN and 60Hz IPS, both 1440p

144hz 1440p
60hz 4k

pick one

Which two models, specifically? Some TN models are quite decent, some are trash.

Also: Lots of gaming? Your GPU is high-end? If yes/yes, get the 144Hz.

I will definitely get one but how am I going to get pixel warranty?
I bought my $2000 EIZO with a +5% price pixel warranty and had to get it replaced 2 times until there weren't any dead subpixels.
I think OLED also has issues with pixels.

just ordered the GTX 1080 gigabyte G1 gaming and the BenQ XL2730Z
thanks guys

Should've got the Acer XB240H from the BestBuy website from $300 and that has 144hz Gsync you cuck. That's the overpriced BenQ too kek

>he paid $500+ for a fucking TN panel

Hahahahahahaha

Should've got that 1080p Acer monitor for $300, a GTX 1070 and a separate 1440p IPS panel for productivity. You fucked up op

it was the best deal for a 27 inch 1440p 144hz monitor i could find. there was a different Acer for about $30 cheaper but it wasn't as good.

Also, you know that panel is FreeSync not Gsync. Wew lad

The problem was that you paid over $400 for a TN panel. You would've been fine using a 1070 with 1080p Gsync monitor. Games are so demanding that the GTX 1080 will star having trouble running 1440p in the very near future. 1440p and 4K are too expensive to run not to mention what you gain isn't that much. Never pay that much for a TN man, cancel the order and go for the GTX 1070 and that $300 Gsync Acer.

>le IPS meme
Oh yeah baby give me those low refresh rates and massive backlight bleed. I want to have washed out blacks and ghosting so I can enjoy my viewing angle from the floor where I am laying dying of laughter because you bought a TN haha!

(TN are better than IPS)

yes, because the cheapest 1440p 144hz gsync monitor was over $300 more, and i've established in this thread that it wouldn't have been worth the money.
i already use a 1080p monitor, and had a 1440p monitor before. 1440p is a significant upgrade for me, so it's worth it.

IPS is overall better unless you're a gaymer

No it isn't, the only benefit of IPS is viewing angles.

>gaymer

>watches anime
>thinks playing vidya is gay

kek

>1440p is a significant upgrade for me, so it's worth it.

ok lad, enjoy spending $1,000 to run shit at 1440p KEK

stay mad poorfag

>being such a manchild to blow $1,000+ to play video games instead of buying a nice car and getting a gf

enjoy being forever alone kiddo.

>being a impatient babby
you have to be 18 or older to post here

>retarded tripfag thinks in opinion matters
top kek back to /reddit/ with you

again, stay mad

>gaming

Just fuck off you little shit

Such a fucking poorfag, I bet you don't even have an i7

Does anyone know what model(s) I could look at for a good curved 32" monitor? I've been looking at the Asus PG348Q, but if there are better option i've missed

>using anything over 1080p
You literally can't see the difference between a 23 inch 1080p monitor and a 4k 23 inch. All of that tech is meant for media, not gaming, as to really get the benefits you need a gigantic ass screen.

1080p in 2016 is too low for a 15"
Saying its fine on a 23" just makes you sound retarded.

please get glasses/contacts/surgery, for your own sake

You can't even get 140 fps with the gtx 1080 when using max settings

right, but anything above 60 will still be smoother than a 60hz monitor.

cringe
maybe your words would mean something if you didnt post anime shit

Are you fucking stupid? There's a huge difference between 1080p and 4k on my 15 inch XPS. I'm starting to throw up thinking about 1080p on a 23 inch.

yeah, i have a 27 inch 1080p and it's pretty bad. which is why im getting a 27 inch 1440p.

yea gsyn is worth it both of mine are and I wouldn't go back to using vsync desu. acer xb280hk left. asus pg279q right

i decided to go with a regular 1440p 144hz instead, because there was a $320 price difference

bump

I'm gonna wait until AMD have something that can drive one at 1440P that has 8GB on board (probably the 490 when it arrives). It's only worth going that res on Nvidia right now.

What 1440p monitor technologies offer the best colors, refresh rates and latence?

so why not just go with nvidia?

Maybe you shpuld wait for vega, then you can use the freesync? Or is that monitor shit?

Are corean monitors still a thing?

>buying 1440p when 4k are literally the same price

ok

>achieving 144fps on 4k