What is your opinion of Steve Jobs?

What is your opinion of Steve Jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kl3H4vMqYNo?t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=gICwMQQ48Dk
youtube.com/watch?v=rNfzbPAD8FE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Glad he's dead and gone.

You know, in a perfect world, Steve Wozniak would be running Apple today, and Steve Jobs would be in a mental institution.

Wozniak is a certifiable genius. He created two of the most popular/influential computers of all time, by himself, in a garage. In another example, when Steve Jobs got the contract to make Breakout for Atari, he let Wozniak build it for him. And, as any genius would, he blew through the design, working four days straight, ending up with roughly 50 chips in his design, way lower than Atari expected. As such, they gave a bonus in the thousands of dollars. But as it would turn out, the design was so complex that Atari's engineers couldn't understand it well enough to make whatever minor modifications they wanted, and ended up scrapping it. They went back to a design with over twice as many chips, designed by their own non-genius engineers.

Of course, Steve Jobs didn't give Wozniak one cent of that bonus, nor did he even tell him about it. Jobs gave him $350, and kept the rest for himself, despite having done none of the work. But we all know Steve Jobs is a greedy motherfucker, so that's beside the point.

Steve Jobs is also responsible for some of the biggest failures at Apple. Wozniak warned them that the Lisa was a bad idea, and tried to make suggestions, but nobody listened. It was Jobs's project that time, and so Jobs said "fuck expandability", and slapped together a piece of shit. Wozniak had no influence on the machine, and as a result, we saw Jobs's true talent at computer design. Or lack thereof.

Jobs's ineptitude, and his raging temper which he had no problem of unleashing on the employees, resulted in him getting kicked out of his own company. The one which he built on the back of a genius, who he had no qualms in having taken advantage of to get there.

Doh, too long, will continue next message.

Nothing of value was lost. The fuckers a glorified PR machine.

After Wozniak's plane crash, he never went back to Apple. He had decided that it wasn't for him anymore. Too corporate. Instead, he went on to help young people learn programming and such, and to get involved in various start-ups in which he could have a more direct influence on the designs and technology. Wozniak just does what makes him happy, which apparently at the moment is being on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. That, and pranking people all the time, since he'll always be a kid at heart.

Meanwhile, Steve Jobs cons thousands and thousands of Apple fanatics into buying slightly different versions of the same products every few months, while still being a totally rude douchebag to his fans. He isn't even on the lowest philanthropy list, because he doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself.

I'm convinced that if Steve Wozniak had become head of Apple, it would have remained the computer giant. It would never have gotten OSX, because that was just Steve Jobs's purchased NeXTStep OS with a new appearance. It probably would have never even had those multiple shitty versions of Mac OS before that, either, which were never stable, nor did they ever really evolve, over two decades. The hardware would have remained open and expandable. Hell, parts of the OS may have even gone to being open-source. But then again, the whole open-source movement may have never taken off the same as it did as a result of Microsoft ruling the computer industry. Maybe people would just enjoy their Apple computers the way they were.

So yeah. Fuck Steve Jobs in his greedy butt. It's truly a shame that Jobs is constantly credited with starting Apple and everything, when he would still be smoking weed and looking like a hippy, probably in jail for beating his wife during one of his tantrums, if Wozniak hadn't designed that computer in his garage all those years ago.

Steve Jobs was a cult leader, of the insane kind. Thankfully, his insanity resulted in his death.

But to be fair Jobs did the iPod/pad/phone not Wozniack.

I'm very happy that he is gone and Apple is going to shit.

I still think it's funny people believe she had cancer and not AIDS.

Though desu both were deserved

Cook has AIDS too, I bet.

GOD EMPEROR

the man was truly one of a kind visionary.

RIP Steve!

Autist cunt.

I'd just like to acknowledge the help, inspiration and support of the Apple 2 team.

It sounds better that he died to something with the initials of PC.

lol

Millions of flies can’t be wrong.

t. Angry misunderstood "genius" who gets Woz.

No. Wozniak is a naive, yet intelligent and diligent, man. Jobs is cut-throat and that's what it takes to succeed in biz.

Apple sells luxury and if it remained a computer giant instead of a luxury goods retailer, it would have had competition up the wazoo from MSFT and the rest for years. It was a smart business move to differentiate and the company is now #1 in market cap.

t. Someone who's not misinformed and idealistic.

He certainly got technology marketing right. The only things he was good for were telling engineers that their ideas sucked when the ideas they had sucked, and creating a line of tech products where he told people they were all different from everything else out there in order to reduce the rather prominent agony of choice from people who don't understand technology.

That's where he succeeded. By convincing people that Apple products aren't competitors to everybody else and making products that never compete with each other in order to make it so that any person looking for something can only find one of the thing they're looking for in an Apple store, people who would otherwise never really understand what they're buying were given the feeling that they know that they're buying the right thing. It's also why so many Apple fanboys refuse to believe that any other products can stand up to Apple products - the belief otherwise would mean that Apple products complete with and are simply alternatives to those products, and destroy their illusion that they know what they're doing.

He made cancer infectious

this would be Wozniak if wasn't Jobs

Overrated

The no showering is a story invented by atari engineers who hated him because he used to comment on the quality of their soldering while knowing fuck all about ee himself.
He did once get a parking lot talk because of his odor.
I saw this in a youtube vid discussing the first jobs & woz movie with 1st gen apple employees and woz.

He was incredibly talented at shaping the design of products and one of the best company CEO's ever.

He was the greatest technologist we have ever seen by virtue of willing his creations into reality.

youtu.be/Kl3H4vMqYNo?t=28s

Good, loved his NeXTSTEP and OS X.

>What is your opinion of Steve Jobs?
Dead

youtube.com/watch?v=gICwMQQ48Dk

Bit long and I watched a long time ago but I am sure Woz himself explicitly denies the no showering story.

Jobs had the mentality, just not the skill.

Oh, wait it's the other guy denying it, Woz says it's right at first but he does state everyone at Atari hated Jobs.

I'm sensing butthurt

Had a good chuckle about that one

Hey if you fuck so many customers, I'm surprised they're not already eaten by all sorts of parasites

Given enough delusional egomaniacs one of them is going to accomplish something normal people not taking crazy risks and lying and cheating everywhere do not.
As long as you benefit from the accomplishment and are not someone suffering from the asshole you could see this a net benefit for society. Being one of these idiots is still not a good plan as most will fail.

I couldn't find the source of the pic related. please don't be a shill.

did you try quickmeme.com?

Hey, fuck you.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=rNfzbPAD8FE

A true visionary. Rest in peace Steve.

lol

Was a good pioneer in technology, then he no longer ran his company, and now it is shit. RIP, his Jewish peers ruined the company.

He's a pretty well-rounded individual.

Well-grounded.

Fucking auto correct ruining my jokes.