You have $150 to build a PC

You have $150 to build a PC.

What do you build?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dcdFgL
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-T1500-Intel-I7-860-2-8GHz-4GB-Ram-250GB-Nvidia-Quadro-FX580-Win7-/302043137404
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157594
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146742&cm_re=ddr3_1066-_-20-146-742-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1UH4MD8164
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260441
pcpartpicker.com/list/vnQGLD
pcpartpicker.com/product/xPs8TW/azza-case-csaz208s
pcpartpicker.com/list/zFyVwV
ebay.com/itm/DELL-LAPTOP-LATITUDE-COMPUTER-WINDOWS-7-CORE-2-DUO-4GB-DVDRW-WIFI-NOTEBOOK-PC-HD/162115780821?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=a70b25c890334f92bc8a405f065d5ebb&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&
ebay.com/itm/HP-Laptop-Notebook-PC-Windows-10-Intel-Core-Duo-2GB-14-1-Screen-HD-DVD-Win-10-32-/151995563723?hash=item2363a43ecb:g:PUMAAOSw~OVWz6mY
pcpartpicker.com/list/NzH8r7
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You dig a hole and cry yourself to sleep.

I buy a CHIP and pick up one of the thousand CRT TVs that are being given away. I put the rest of the money toward gas to get to the job I so desparately need.

I don't build one because if I only have $150 I have bigger problems than which PC to build.

Buy some dell optiplex

Buy some shitty used laptop off ebay.

Jesus fucking christ, will you just delete yourself?

Suck someones dick on craiglist for old pc.

Go to local computer co-op
build 5 computers and get 6th one free
Upgrade whatever I need to on the inside with cheap parts since I now already have a base to work with

ebay a used xeon + motherboard + ram combo
salvage old hard drive
30$ case+psu

that's like 90 right there
then just find a cheap used gpu (evga b-stock) for 60$

shit's easy lol

Why would I delete myself? Here's my reasoning on why I wouldn't:

If I exist, there's always a chance of having good feels.
If I am erased there is zero chance of having good feels.
Easy choice to not delete self.

If I don't need to run Windows, I'd just get a Raspberry Pi, a cheap LCD panel, and find a KB+M. Should be fine for a lot of tasks.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a name when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your name when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a name when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

I got a $20 desktop off craigslist that kicks raspberry pi in everyday computing

Pc on a stick thing

pcpartpicker.com/list/dcdFgL
Its kinda shit but at least it got an hardrive

This tripfag is so fucking obnoxious

I do this

yeah like picking which gun to kill yourself with :)

I don't doubt it, but I feel like this question is an "in a vacuum" type scenario.

This.
user, go to local recycling center and pick out a pc qnd monitor

Nah, shotguns are pretty affordable.

a pc

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

So you parents couldn't afford the abortion?

see name field

This is the last offtopic post I'll make in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourselves for ruining every thread.

You made a mistake by not using my name when posting.

Just go.

Just picking the first shit that showed up in pcpartpicker

Chromebook

I'd buy something like this.
ebay.com/itm/Dell-Precision-T1500-Intel-I7-860-2-8GHz-4GB-Ram-250GB-Nvidia-Quadro-FX580-Win7-/302043137404

Why bother with a case?

I'd ransack the electronic waste bin behind the local university for a tower and possibly something to start with and then proceed to hunt for parts on some site like craigslist or ebay.

I figure most people probably prefer having one.

You could've gotten under the limit with an ATX or microATX case.

Easier to just buy some shit from craigslist

I buy a used rack mount server
Got mine over a year ago for $100 shipped and it's got dual quad-core Opterons with 24GiB RAM

>AMD
no wonder it was cheap

Shittiest embeded motherboard with included cpu, then 1600x1200 monitor, and best storage option possible.

xDDD

Buy a Raspberry Pi, use the rest for beer.

yea for sure. i was just fucking about to be honest.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157594
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146742&cm_re=ddr3_1066-_-20-146-742-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1UH4MD8164
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260441

you'd be better off buying used or getting a free optiplex from a hospital or university and throwing a tiny bit of money at it. buying new isn't all that feasible but i tried (no scree/os/accessories, case)
pcpartpicker.com/list/vnQGLD

if you factor in the rebate i guess you can add this case pcpartpicker.com/product/xPs8TW/azza-case-csaz208s

Actually, 150$ is pretty good compared to what I make a month right now.. had to move in with parents again because I lost my job.

>tripfag

Lurk more.

>Pizza box case
>Used Atom board with RAM
Got mine for $65 with 4GB, run it caseless, use it as a router.

I would go dumpster diving and then get myself a hooker with the $150.
You'll end up happier with the result than buying a computer with that money.

>I buy a used rack mount server
And the noise?
Can't stay in the same room, or even the adjacent one.

I'm not a little bitch, the noise doesn't bother me. If it was really that big of a deal I'd just put it in the adjacent room.

$100 ~5 year old Used business-class laptop, as large and high res as I can find
$50 new SSD

Alternatively, buy the best used business class laptop that $150 can buy, use it as is and buy an SSD when I can in the future.

I was under the impression that was Jordan.

Even if it is he's not tripfagging.

buy a used dell optiplex

>$150

Well I'm Canadian so I buy a 12 year old CPU and steal the rest.

Why not just get a case of beer, some tims, steal everything and have like $20 left over for gas?

In all seriousness though our economy depresses the fuck out of me

I would just buy UDOO X86 or some shit and integrate it into my monitor.

New?
this: pcpartpicker.com/list/zFyVwV

used?
any shitty optiplex with an i series processor and any dediated gpu from a thrift store
i got a 990 with an i5 2500, 8gb of ddr3and a gtx 660 for about 180$ last week,

>And the noise?
You can make 2U and 4U chassis quiet easily. Even after replacing the fans in my ASA 5510 which is just a Pentium 4 in a 1U chassis, it is quiet. Although the fans would probably eat through most of the budget.

I've got some old odds and ends lying in a box, GPU, 480W PSU, wireless adapter etc, really need to get around to putting them all in a case, just missing a $35 mini motherboard and a case.

Its okay tripcode guy, your comment was right. If you only have 150 to make a pc with, there bigger issues than building a pc.

That's not a tripcode, dumbass.

New Haven, Fort Wayne, IN bruh?

any used laptop will do.

easy, yes. time consuming, very. I barely made minimum wage on mine after all the hours I sunk into parts scrounging and tuning it. I did make a profit though so meh

CT

anything quick isn't cheap
and if it is, it's typically not worth it

A pc.

get some cold water for that burn

Kingdian SSD
No case
Some shitty apu
Fish a mobo out of bargain bin at re-pc
Some chinkshit psu
What am I missing?

I'd probably order one of those Chinese Mac Mini clones with an Atom or Celeron instead

Say I'm Linus Sebastian and forcefully lowball people for PC parts.

>buy memepad t420
>able to do more than with a desktop

and I'd have money left over for a 64gb SSD and maybe some ram later

ebay.com/itm/DELL-LAPTOP-LATITUDE-COMPUTER-WINDOWS-7-CORE-2-DUO-4GB-DVDRW-WIFI-NOTEBOOK-PC-HD/162115780821?_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226&_trkparms=aid=555014&algo=PL.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=a70b25c890334f92bc8a405f065d5ebb&pid=100506&rk=1&rkt=1&

ebay.com/itm/HP-Laptop-Notebook-PC-Windows-10-Intel-Core-Duo-2GB-14-1-Screen-HD-DVD-Win-10-32-/151995563723?hash=item2363a43ecb:g:PUMAAOSw~OVWz6mY

you could do worse

>150$ is pretty good compared to what I make a month

Id buy a thinkpad

>Id buy a thinkpad

GOOD LUCK TRYING TO FIND A JEWPAD FOR 150

buy as many ras pis as I can and put them in a cluster

Raspberry Pi, MicroSD card, Wireless keyboard/mouse, generic wireless adapter.

Dumpster diving for a case would be the first priority. Hopefully you find a DVD drive, maybe a PSU too.
Then you go used.
What you buy then depends on usage scenario. Gaming? Mom's office PC? Home server? HTPC?

I mean, I've seen some t420's on eBay for around that. They're probably broke with aids but still. A thinkpads a thinkpad

how's it going fellow 203

Nice trips son

It is possible

pcpartpicker.com/list/NzH8r7

Overclockable dual core with a 480w power supply. Room to grow, and plenty of sata connections.

And if you want to save an extra 2$, buy the cheapest case and power supply, however, you'll be sacrificing drive bays for potential storage upgrades.

The base total is $190, that doesn't count.

Good job, you did it. I think I'm going to build that and run a minecraft server on it.

wew

I'd just buy a $140 chinkphone and connect a crt monitor from a garbage bin to it somehow

If your economy is doing good your enemies win

>Buy a shitty Phenom II X4 office rig
>Install 7950
>Still better than consoles

> $120 nzxt h440
> $20 bifferboard embedded 486 pc running linux
> $5 power-supply for development board

Saved: $5

How about this one?

Get a job you NEET piece of shit.

I don't mean to be a spoilsport but if you tried to use the M203 with anything that needs more oomph than a chalk round it would probably fly off the rail.

Shhhh