Why do newer versions of Windows lack so much as an option to make it look and function like a previous version of...

Why do newer versions of Windows lack so much as an option to make it look and function like a previous version of Windows? Do they realise that they're missing out on hundreds of millions of customers by doing this?
And why does Microsft actively try to combat programs like Classic Shell, Aero Glass and the various UX Theme patchers in their updates? Don't they realise that's going to turn even more people away from Windows 10?

Jews

The codebase is very bloated and a lot of functionality is difficult for Rajesh to implement; he doesn't fully grasp the current operating system because so much legacy code is mixed in/ laid under the newer code, and no one bothers to remove redundancies or fix things properly, because it's Windows—people will use it regardless of anything.

>Do they realise that they're missing out on hundreds of millions of customers by doing this?

I'm sure you know that the only entities paying for Windows are businesses, and that if Microsoft hadn't given W10 away for an entire year that people would have just pirated it. They are making money off data selling now, presumably.

>And why does Microsft actively try to combat programs like Classic Shell, Aero Glass and the various UX Theme patchers in their updates?

Windows is fervently proprietary. The user should be allowed as little control as possible, is the policy, especially when it can interfere with money making. I doubt it's a pride thing.

>Don't they realise that's going to turn even more people away from Windows 10?

Upset people, yes. Turn them away, no. The normalfags browsing Sup Forums either use W10, W7, or have migrated to easy peasy GNU/Linux distros like Mint or Ubuntu. Most of them don't know better, the little rest have seen some sort of light. The general population, however, has no idea how operating systems work, what alternatives they have, or how to fend for themselves, so they are stuck with W10. They can't do shit about W10 except buy a Mac.

>And why does Microsft actively try to combat programs like Classic Shell, Aero Glass and the various UX Theme patchers in their updates?
I think the honest answer to this is to forcefully shove ads onto their consumers' screens in order to generate ad revenue.

Microsoft's Windows is nonfree software and shouldn't be used, I reccomend one of these free as in freedom Operating Systems
Debian GNU/Linux
OpenBSD
Trisquel GNU/Linux
FreeBSD
live in freedom my child

I play video games so no

I play video games on my free Operating System as well and it runs just as fine as when I was running Windows, PCIE passthrough, Wine, QEMU, Playonlinux and Steam native games

They feel the old UI is already deprecated and that the most recent one is an improvement.

I don't want visual artefacts or framerate drops
Run a benchmark on DOOM 4 and GTA V and I'll change my mind

rip jewsoft

If someone were to actually make Windows DE that perfectly replicated the older interfaces, they'd be sitting on a boatload of cash if they weren't sued.

Let's just wait until Windows enters public domain.

Because then they're stuck supporting it. You really want a consistent look and feel anyway, because otherwise it's confusing as hell when anyone changes machines.
>Why is your Window 10 machine set up like 8?
>It's what I'm used to.

Microsoft screws the pooch with its UIs sometime, but it's better to be able to make a clean break and move past them than to have your users all over the place.

it´s not about what one is used to
it´s about what is not objective garbage
i moved on from 2k
i moved on from xp
and i´m not moving on from 7 because that which comes after is absolute garbage

and are you seriously implying that it would take more than a pajeet to do the supporting?

Windows 7 looks like cheap gimmick shit and doesn't function as good as 8 or 10.

i can´t understand why it´s not a thing tbqh
what prevents someone from building ones own explorer.exe replacement with the features you want

i mean you already can use the likes of total commander

how much harder can it be to write something that makes a taskbar a desktop etc

Very well answered.
/thread

Microsoft have been trying to achieve a design consistency for years like Apple have, unfortunately they only hire drooling pajeet mongoloids that couldn't design a proper system with an almost infinite budget, they want to reinvent the wheel like every other Microsoft product instead of understanding how users interface with a system, I haven't used Windows on my main system for years but I was only happy with the ui after installing third party themes, though this won't help with the inconsistency in the OS as a whole, it's like they've attempted to funnel users through a new route (ie control panel) but kept the old ways to do things in, leading to inconsistency and confusion, which is a big reason why lots of people hated win8.

Almost all of the senior architects of Windows operating system already retired long time ago. Of course Windows is falling apart.

there are plenty of great, free, libre games.
i've had a lot of fun playing blackbox in emacs, but maybe gnome minesweeper is more your kind of game?

>Do they realise that they're missing out on hundreds of millions of customers by doing this?
They're not. People are simply forced to adapt.