/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Old one is almost donezo.

Holy shit how much money is in that room

Pretty awesome, but I couldn't deal with the redness of it all.

If you don't have cute anime girl posters you're literally gay

wow how do you sit down in your chair when it's on your ceiling?

takes lots of practice man

>not wanting to lay down and relax while you play

How's the pixel density when you lay / sit that close?

early in

Reposting because joined the last thread just as it died

Australians pls

i need a real desk + a desk pad
not to mention good monitors. and an ultrawide or some shit

iso 144hz ultrawide ips for less than the cost of a kidney

take like 5 mins to clean your room

how's australia mate

pic related

your dog looks absolutely done with whatever shenanigans you're up to

that is clean, you should of seen how many cans I had the other night

fine, depends on your monitor I guess but this is just right for me any closer is too close and any further is too far, texts are very readable
haha no, I'm not even fat, but I move my computer around anywhere in this room without having to unplug it because 10M cables

clean it cleanier

ah you fell for the h440 meme like i did
unfortunate mistake of a case -_-

no

then you're faking being a loli lover if you can't keep your room clean for your waifus

i do regret buying the case now. But i dont want to change. Not worth spending the money

my waifu feels little emotion and wouldn't care about what my room is like

Loving my new 1070

Picked up a fat pack of ilford paper today!

>Got a new development laptop from my employer
>Didn't care much about it, was throwing it around like some piece of shit
>Look up the specs and price today
>It's a $2300 mobile workstation
Holy shit, this thing is worth 2 times my PC.

if you're gonna go full NEET this is how you do it lol

not bad.

So I don't live near ikea and delivery is triple the original cost.

I was thinking about using kitchen laminate countertop at like 72 inches in length and putting it on top of two filing cabinets that are 27 inches in height.

Would this work for a super large desk since ikea is so far away from me?

I have no idea but I know that laminate countertops are hard to damage and hold a ton of weight in a kitchen so I would assume it would work.

>just desaturate my shit up

Think again

Before you'll begin with the "BUY NEW SHET" meme,I'll just let you know I got my laptop back from repairs (Acer Aspire 5349),and here are the specs. I didn't take a new snapshot because of battery being low on my phone.

>Intel Celeron Dual Core B800 1.50GHz - it's from 2012 so it's Sandy Bridge I think
>2GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
>Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 1366x768 (I'm okay with it,despite all of you saying it's meme.)
>320GB WD3200BEVT
>Realtek HD Audio
>DVD writer
>Intel HM65 chipset
>Windows 7 SP1 x64 and Ubuntu 14.04 x64 dualboot

holy shit is that a €6k Vitra Eames loungechair?

Today I talked to a girl, face to face.

It was scary.

Please answer my question.
And if it's a cheap rip off, could you please link it?
I always wanted to buy a chair like that

answer this

Yes
Yes
Subscribed

hey you're the guy that posts on Sup Forums and doesn't actually play games!

isnt everything way too sharp on a TV?

I wish I could tell you more.

I play video games. Not just many, because games have been really boring lately.
Witcher 3 is restoring my hope in them.

Too sharp?

What do you mean?

Ever since I changed to this 4k screen it's been much easier on my eyes, compared to 1080p 24".

is a knockoff. you can easily tell by all the visible screws on the side

is the real deal

ironically the knockoff is probably more reliable, as the real HM Eames lounge chair has a notoriously high failure rate due to the entire backrest being fixed to a single joint held together by rubber and glue that seperates over time

>Same shit different day weeb and Photon Cannon Edition

rate

16:10 crt nice

nice meme chair

what desk is that?

Ikea Karlby with some random legs.

hello, me again, buy new shit

what keyboard is that?

>MLP

literally go away

noppoo nano 75s w/ tai hao Miamis

>Literally using an almost 17 year old monitor that uses 300% more power than modern displays, emits heat and dangerous radiation, is bulky and heavy as fuck with low resolution and sharpness and doesn't even have a flat screen.
You can find a better monitor for free on the streets m8

fuck off Seiden

This guy not lying. I gave away a 1440p panel earlier this year. Even then there are lcd monitors going for $20.

Mark, is that you?

for starts it is flat screen and can go up to 2048x1536 at 72hz.
I use it because I play a lot of CS at 800x600 172hz. the monitor cost 55 times less than a LCD which can do the same refresh rates

I'm pretty sure only the outer glass is flat, not the actual screen inside.

i5 2500
2x4gb 1333mhz ram
GTX 970 3.5gb vram

what the fuck do you think NEET means

what's the green thing next to the scissors?

well the image is flat and not curved or distorted so it's fine

wireless dock for mouse

I used to use an LCD with the CRT only for cs but I sold most of the peripherals in this picture

So my plan is

Solid core door - Do I have to stain/paint/finish this thing or can I just cover it with a plastic sheet and staple gun it on the bottom side tight as a surface area? I'm lazy.

Gonna pick up two cabinets for it.

some people are just stuck in the past playing old games on old hardware

>You can find a better monitor for free on the streets m8
fuck no

those are mostly 19" 1280x1024 pieces of shit, maybe some newer crappy office screens (maybe 1440x900?)

switching to one of those would be a downgrade and a ridiculous one to do

i'm starting to like both of you

>people are proud enough to take pictures of shit like this
What is wrong with this world?

what pride has to do with a bst threads, are you 14 years old ?
english is not my native tongue

Pride should absolutely come into play when you're showing others what you have in your home. If your possessions look like , you should have enough pride to specifically not post. Because your pride should keep you from showing that shit off.

Pride is self-respect, in most ways. When your home looks like that, you do not respect yourself. Even at my poorest, and a kid at that, I made sure shit looked nicer.

>When your home looks like that, you do not respect yourself.
kek, I doubt it matters that much to most, particularly to young men (or women, for that matter). they just don't think about it too much. "home sweet home" isn't really the thing of bachelors (or ettes) in general

not that you don't have a point, his stuff looks horrible, but eh, it might be a relatively homely room as a whole... who knows. it doesn't seem too dirty, so that is a plus.

I personally think that aesthetics are kind of important, I couldn't stand a station like that when a well-invested $100 could improve it a whole lot; but I know that tastes differ, too.

That's the problem, it -should- matter to anyone above the age of 14. Perception is important, home is important. The picture I posted on was from when I was 17. Sure, it's kinda ratty when you look at the individual pieces, but it worked well enough as a whole. This is what I have now, and it still isn't perfect. Do I need to it be perfect? No, but I want it to be, because I want the perfect home for me.

If you don't care about these things, why bother taking a picture and posting anyway? These people have to know the results they'll get. It's like they want people to tell them their situation looks shitty, as a weird self-deprecating confirmation. I mean, there's red shit all over that computer case. Why isn't it in good condition still? Because it wasn't taken care of. Bah, infuriates me so much.

You don't have to be slaves to consumerism, poorfags. Just clean the fuck up and take care of your stuff in the first place.

> Perception is important, home is important.
maybe at some point, but lets be frank: for many this isn't really the case yet in their early 20s or something. the home might change every couple of years so why make such a fuss about it, perception, well, who will you impress? maybe a girlfriend, and sure, some friends as well, but its not like you're organizing pretentious wine-and-cheese nights at that age, generally - there is no reputation to fear for, frankly.

personally I'd just say that the one who doesn't care for aesthetics misses a whole lot. beauty is neat, why not try to surround yourself with something like it...

also your station looks boring as fug, needs more colors and personality -my taste

If you're in your early 20s', there's nothing more important than perception when it comes to your social health.

But hey, if people are bringing chicks back to and they're still opening their legs, I guess it doesn't actually cause a problem. I can't imagine a situation like that happening though.

And as for my station, I can't stand rich colors. I want a tame, mellow station so the pictures on my monitors pop even more than otherwise. I have enough colors in the same room, just not around my desk.

>If you're in your early 20s', there's nothing more important than perception when it comes to your social health
By "social health", do you mean social status?

This is what my station used to look like a bit more than a year ago. Between now and then, my social situation hasn't really changed in the slightest.

it really, really depends. if you're in your early 20s, you probably have the widest range of different social circles available to you in your whole life (if you so want).

it is the age where you're sort of free to choose your lifestyle, as long as you've got some monetary means and so on (enough that your time isn't spent worrying about where to get food or how to pay rent)

you could pick people to whom you need to look really middle classy; or people who will accept whatever junkyard as long as you're in their subculture, or people who love those animes just as much as you do, or anything, really, as long as you're active.

spoiler tho: most people won't care that fucking much about your room, girlfriends will care but the question of "about what?" remains

Social health is basically the quality of your relationships, the effort you put into them, respect of others and self, and a necessary component of a healthy self-identity.

Basically, if you want good relationships with good people, you need to treat yourself well. You need to portray a good image. If you aren't doing those things, then you are giving a negative perception to others, which is one of the biggest elements to social interaction for those in their 20s'.

It's also one of the things that tons of people have an issue with. "It's unfair," "why does it matter," "it's my house, if they don't like it they can fuck off," "why won't anyone go out with me?" "why will no one come over?" "why don't I have any friends?"

It's because you don't care about yourself, your home, your belongings, or how you look to others.

Side note: I'm not saying "you" as in you, but rather hypothetically referring to the people I'm talking about.

The people with the weirdly obsessive animu figure/poster collections have the same issue, just on the other side of the spectrum. It might all flow very well together and cost a ton, might all be clean as fuck, but it casts a massively negative impression. All in moderation, all with an eye on perception, all with an eye on excellence. Live life like that, and then you aren't a NEET 55 year old with no friends or family.

>might all be clean as fuck, but it casts a massively negative impression
Still depends on the "who are you trying to impress".

I used to be pretty big into all that anime stuff - there are huge amounts of rather normal people into it, people with jobs and university educations. You can simply find those people if you want to live the animu life. It was kind of funny how they always found their partners from the same scene, several got married to each other, even.

I've also known people who lived a life of punk music - those people would look at you weird if your home looked that clean and expensive. Applies to fashion/clothes/etc, too

And what about the artistic types? Well, your home better show some personality to them. Applies to fashion/clothes/etc, too.

The only way to end up miserable and alone is to be inactive and/or too scared and tactless. Well, okay, there is another way: that is trying to fit into the wrong crowd.

I don't know what things are like where you come from, but here's my experience: People really don't care what your room looks like, or even how you dress for the most part, as long as you're a nice person to them and don't act overly obsessed with whatever niche hobbies you have, they won't care.

Maybe it's just because the people I hang around with don't have very judgemental attitudes, but I find that even among "normalfags", most of them really don't care about your eccentricities as long as you are a sympathetic person with whom they can get along with.

as for
>girls
I dunno, I don't think my boyfriend would approve of that

How is this, Sup Forums?

7.5/10
would be 8.5 or so with matching monitors and a headphone stand.

Loving that Aquarium, I'm planning myself to install one, but I'm having second thoughts because of maintenance. Is it high effort user? I barely have time for browsing cuz of College and work.

I actually do have a headphone stand now. Slightly old picture, don't even have the left monitor plugged in because of 1060.

LG 34um67-p on sale for $370.

Yay or nay? I use nvidia but the freesync stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Clever placement of figma, also whats that thing above the CPU? Is that some kind of Sound enhancer or some meme I'm unaware?

Fucking r8! Gonna mount my TV on the wall today, and might put my PC back on the table.

>that uses 300% more power than modern displays.
Not really m8
Not a bad screen yourself m8
I hope you use it for more than CS.
CRT's do everything better!

Yea

A time my size is a lot of work user. Also you have to have a good place for it. You wouldn't want to put one on anything but tiles. You'll ruin any other type of floor, no matter how careful you are. Doing water changes on a 6ftx2ftx2ft tank is also a lot of work and fish sometimes get sick. Recently one of my guys got sick. Spend well over $150 in medications to get him right and if you do It like I've done mine. its expensive as fuarrrk. Pictured is two massive canister filters. One was $600 the other was $800aud.

Basically its expensive and can be a lot of work, but I like them so I do it. If you were going to get one. Start small and see how you do with that.

If you're talking into motherboard that's a chipset and if you talking on top of the case it's a ridiculously overpowered flashlight that I built

FELLOW BONGS

where to buy nice assembly furniture

>that aquarium
hnnnnng
does that projection keyboard thing actually work worth a damn?
I still like the first setup the best
10/10
how did it go?
>solid on the wall
my nigga

>MLP

Literally leave

>Great Tier
>Good Tier
>Decent Tier
>Shit Tier
>Meme Autist Tier
Lot of new stations i haven't seen.

I look forward to being in one place more than 5 months so I can set a more permanent desk space. I want an ant farm.

That's one helluva monitor, are you sitting in front of it or in a distance? I'm concerned about your eyesight m8.

Do you have like a video this mate? I wanna see that baby in action.

Doesn't that limit your leg space? I had a similar setup where the Case was under the table, had to place it back because legroom.