Mfw [email protected]

>mfw [email protected]
>mfw cheaper than an i3
>mfw as fast as an i5 3470, if not faster.
>mfw I'm going to skip zen because it's still performing great

Who else fell for the fx master race? Much better value than anything from Intel.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128886&cm_re=gigabyte_990fx_gaming-_-13-128-886-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>being poor

You act like you have to be poor to skip generations of tech because the performance increase isn't enough to warrant an upgrade, I have an FX8350 and with my noctua I can get a stable 4.7ghz with a small voltage bump, but the increase doesn't do much for me, that being said, in well threaded programs, I get the performance of an i7, and in poorer threaded programs its still around i3 - i5, and cost as much as an i5. With Dx12 I don't really HAVE to upgrade, because my games run fine, but once Zen comes out I might look to get an i7 at a cheaper price since Zen leaks show it having IPC of current intel CPUs. Or I might just jump on the Zen train once I see some benchmarks post release because I'm saving up to upgrade.

Yes, yes, we get it. You're poor.

This must be the faggiest way of rationalizing your snobbish consumerism.

You're on the technology board shitdick, you're supposed to be practical,not some bitch treating tech like you're buying expensive handbags to signal your socioeconomic status.

If you are male you should seriously consider suicide.

>appreciating good value makes you poor
Only a true poorfag would false flag this hard.
I bet you're the kind of person who buys an iPhone 6 on a 24 month contract when the 6s comes out in a desperate attempt to look like you're above the rest of your class.

fucking retard

>falling for the meme

FX6300 is nice lower tier CPU, even after 4 years after release tho, but still waiting for Zen. And no, i'm not poorfag, I just don't want to spend too much for gayming pc, because games are getting worse and worse nowadays.

fx8320 here. Overclocked to 3.9ghz on stock cooler, Will probably buy a better cooler soon and see how hard I can push this puppy

Post cpumark benches if you are so proud of your performance.

8320e here

There's no way they made a am3+ motherboard with newer shit like m.2 and ddr4 and usb3 right? My motherboard is some exceedlingly pathetic g760 matx and I'd rather drop my current processor in a fresh setup instead of getting new everything or giving jewtel money

It's at stock clocks because of the babby mode vrms on the motherboard I want to get some fat clocks breh

even haslel i3 shits on it in older games and isn't a housefire
>muh cores
even in muh multithreaded applications it's barely faster
t. someone who owns a fx-6300

I'm waiting on Zen.

AM4 is just going to be an amazing socket for poorfags.

Hell, if AMD wasn't silly with their FM2+ socket and just -somehow- put APUs on AM3+, I'd bet they would've sold a LOT more.

Start your poorfag rig with an APU then drop in an Octacore and a dedicated graphics once the APU can't handle shit well enough.

That's my plan.

Praise AM4

Been using FX6300 with HD7870 for about 2 and a half years and it's still serving me well. Need to upgrade the graphics now really but the CPU is still good.

>willingly getting cucked by jews

m.2 and usb3/3.1 yes ddr4 no
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128886&cm_re=gigabyte_990fx_gaming-_-13-128-886-_-Product

I upgraded my wifes PC yesterday. She had a 8320 at 4.5ghz and now she has a 6600K at 4.5ghz.

I used to use the 8320 but now I have a 5820K at 4.5ghz.

The 6300 is great for a budget build, that's about it. If you're looking for mid-range, micro stutters, and low FPS. I used one in a PC for a friend who only had $300.

Zen will only be good for a year, or not even. Hype train for AMD again.

Pfft, Intel fucking destroys amd EVERY TIME, even an i3 can beat an 8350

What mobo? Using a hyper 212 evo and an M5a99FX pro 2.0 ..i manage 4.1 ghz with ease. My mobo starts to shit itself when pushed further though.

Just remember its not the cooler alone that will dictate your OC

Similar setup, 8320 + 7870 for years now. Just got an RX 470 yesterday though so time to retire the old card to my other PC

Yeah but those features are added with add-on cards, not native chipset support, so don't expect performance to match up with anything native from intel.

Nobody has native usb 3.1 support yet including intel (until kaby lake is out). m.2 is just pci express or sata in a different form.

USB 3.0 in general on any AMD board isn't native is my point.