Should I do it, Sup Forums?

Note: it comes with an SSD not an HDD.

>Spending $1200 on a laptop?

Literally why? Just get a desktop at this point.

wait for the laptops with desktop gpus

What do you want to do with it?

>Note: it comes with an SSD not an HDD.
What does it matter?

A decent ~500GB SSD is around $100 now.

>15,6"

Jesus, no.

No gaming laptops are a meme trust me I fell for it and it's shit don't do it op

Yes that desktop must be nice to carry around and use in an airplane.

Are you dumb? Don't you know the purpose of a laptop?

Not him but if you need a laptop because you're on your feet the whole day maybe don't get one with a graphics card because it'll drain your battery

>gaming laptop

stop

Gaming + laptop = overheating ^ low build quality

What is something good that can at least handle low settings or older games?

Anything with Intel integrated graphics. There isn't even need for a dedicated gpu for that.

HP Elitebook

yea, I have the 800€ (?) version with a SSD, dont regret buying it

Anything really with a decent dedicated graphics card and from 2013 and later, but I recommend staying away from the typical run-of-the-mill-bestbuy consumer releases that have long unknown model numbers and instead go for something with a familiar trademark name that is well known. Hold out a month and put a little bit more into your next laptop so you dont end up like me with my Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 which has a design flaw that causes overheating like hell and redeems it unuseable, even if the specs are (were at the time of purchase anyway) decent.

Build quality in "gaming laptops" (i.e. laptops with dedicated graphics) are well worth the investment and wait in my opinion, because of powerful processors and dedicated graphics that will easilly overheat and cause other issues with build aswell as limited support and troubleshooting aswell as often soldered / un-upgradeable parts because they will be replaced / refreshed in 3-5 months anyway.

it's hard to find a laptop that isn't low end without a discrete gpu.

just make sure it's off all the time and then the only downside is dead weight and size.

>hard

ThinkPads, Zbooks, Probooks, XPS, etc.

poorfag

Yeah, dude, that's actually a pretty fucking good deal

I'm gay btw

How old is 'older'? I had a laptop with an i3 2328m and Intel HD 3000 graphics that could surprisingly run cities: skylines on low settings decently, so I'm sure a laptop with a skylake cpu and integrated graphics will run old games well.