My 15 year old daughter wants a macbook...

My 15 year old daughter wants a macbook. I cant justify spending so much on a shitty facebook machine just because all her friends have one. Or is it really worth it? How can I sell her some other decent laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pg=1&t=4158890
x220.mcdonnelltech.com/
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_356746.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rape her until she comes to her senses

Just buy it her and make her happy.

I guess this is the only reasonable thing to do.

/thread

>buy a thinkpad
>format hard drive
>give her a gentoo dvd

Just get here a used one for a few hundred.

just buy it or she's gonna hate you forever and get pregnant by a minority that will cost YOU even more than a 1k$ laptop

show her this, and tell her to stop this nonsense desire for overpriced homeless tier bullshit

get her a rose gold macbook with its superior retina display and lightning fast 600mhz core m3 cpu

Do abortions cost more than a grand? I can get a wire coat hanger for free

She gets a hackintoshed X220 and a lecture on how money doesnt grow on trees so she should shut the fuck up.

>showing a cute girl an autistic infographic with misspelled words
this is why you're still a virgin, user-kun

>discussing laptops
>lol this cell phone from the same brand sux xD

just buy her the macbook jesus christ she's a child and wants something cool

and teach her to be an entitled brat?

dodger is cute CUTE!

> My 15 year old daughter...
Look online for a second hand one. Or a second hand iPad with external keyboard Don't tell her jack until you have it on your hands and have made sure it works. Use a website where people resell shit and you get karma and buyer reviews.

If even the second hands are expensive get her a used cheap ThinkPad from the x series and see if you can install pirated/paid apple os on it. Regardless of if the machine will end up with Apple or some other, she will complain it's ugly. Tell her to get a job after school. Don't do all the work for her on researching jobs. Under no circumstances offer her to help out around the house for money.

She will either learn that pretty-looking shit isn't worth the money if the only point is for it to be pretty, or she will learn to work for her shit. Regardless of what she chooses internally don't expect her to not complain externally though.

Tell her she's getting a second hand thinkpad and she can fuck off if she wants a macbook because they're a meme. They only exist for rich people to masturbate with

Let her buy it from her own money or maybe pay half. $1000+ is a lot of money to give to someone as a present.

If she's cute buy her one, if she's a uggo give her a back hand

nigga you blind.
not her

>If she's cute buy her one
She wont fuck him, you fucking pervert.

Is this how cucked modern parents are?

have a free hackintosh tutorial

download this rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pg=1&t=4158890
download vmware player
change the 3rd line in the .vmk to have virtual hardware 9

boot it
change the language to english and then create a new user account.

follow this x220.mcdonnelltech.com/

you are a cuck and you can not control your daughter, faggot

>controlling a teenage girl
wew lad

I'm gonna fucking defend Macs, because heck, most devs choose Mac for its UNIX based OS, usability, durability, portability, and I happen to be a dev!

This.

enjoy getting your daughter blacked

It's very likely his 15 year old daughter isn't a dev. She just wants a pretty facebook machine.

>My 15 year old daughter

I don't believe you. Enjoy your hand.

Does she already have a computer?
15yo is old enough to get a desktop, definitely not a laptop she will break because irresponsible 15yo is irresponsible.

Also I feel sorry for americans thinking its ok for a 16yo to drive a car

Madeleine McCann should be 15 by now.
Coincidence?

I feel sorry for foreigners who have to wait till they're 18 to drive a car.

>She just wants a pretty facebook machine.
No point giving her a quality machine, then.
Just some generic wanna-be will do; OP is spoiled for choice.
It's not like she'll notice the difference.

She'd be 13

gearbest.com/laptops/pp_356746.html

first post is best post.

get her a used chinkpad X250, they are extremely sexy machines

post pics of your daughter and i will decide which macbook is the best for her

OP is your sister cute? Have you ever smelled her panties? This is important.

>that bezel
is this one of these photoshopped pictures? Looks like an ipad with a keyboard.

16yo are irresponsible,
but then again most apericans are irresponsible.

I finally get it now.

Chrome book is best FB machine

They're responsible enough to be trusted behind the wheel. God am I glad I don't live in some fuckhead country like you do, don't know how I'd have made it to work in winter without a car.

Land of the free

Nope, that's the real deal.
>tfw Apple had better bezels 15 years ago than they do today

I don't see what that has to do with 16 year olds driving.

My dad always had this way of making me stopping wanting something or even feeling guilty for pushing my parents to buy something for me by putting my "object of want" under a certain light and then asking whether I still wanted it. Most of times I changed my opinion, on rare occasions when I didn't I felt like total shit after.

Forgot photo

Random fact. A tibook has nearly the same dimensions as a T420.

Buy her a dell chromebook 13, upgrade ssd, flash a custom full bios, then install galliumos. She would be happy with it.

This OP. Nothing wrong with buying her one, just get a used one. Make it a point that if she keeps her grades and shit good, you will fork out the money. Its the fairest thing. Obviously don't buy her a G3 but don't drop all that money. She's still 15, she probably drinks coffee, she probably will dropped it.

Seriously OP. I won't even call you a faggot.

Buy one on eBay. She won't know the difference

Wow, MacBooks really have gone downhill if that's what they look like nowadays.

She's not going to be an entitled brat she's going to be a happy teenager. Literally everyone outgrows this attitude by the time they become an adult, it's just that while she's a teenager she's going to be pretty stupid and she's also going to really love getting a macbook. You aren't going to be teaching her core values by forcing her to concede to a thinkpad she only half wants.

I know plenty who haven't grown out of it.

> My daughter

Your first mistake m8.

Buying her what she wants is a horrible thing to do as a parent, she needs to understand that sometimes you have to compromise.

If you think it's not worth it, buy her a chromebook or an ideapad 100s instead. She'd hate a thinkpad because it's clunky and not pretty like a macbook.

TELL HER ABOUT CHROMEBOOKS.

Is that laptop running eOS?

Everyone talking about thinkpads and chromebooks can fuck off. His daughter probably just wants a Macbook as facebook machine to brag to her friends, and won't be happy with anything similar. Your only option is to talk with her and say that you will pay a set amount of money ($500 for example) and that she has to pay the rest, so that she can learn responsibility and rethink her choices.

Get her a Jumper EZbook and slap a couple of Apple stickers on it

>taking parental descision advice from imageboards

macs aren't computers they are social cool items, they are used to assert that they are a part of the in crowd. get her one of those dell pentium 4 desktop computers and her to put slackware on it. that'll be more humilliating to her than rape, probably.

Just get her the fucking macbook

Right, but why exactly would she be learning that just because daddy says "no" and she gets mad? She's not gonna reason "oh he said no, so sometimes in life you have to compromise" she's gonna think "wow my dad's a dick and this thinkpad sucks time to just spend all my time dicking around on my phone and ignoring it".

Why exactly does she have to compromise anyway? Because it's expensive? In which case let her get one but make her pay for it. If it's because it's not worth the money and is a functionally shitty laptop, that shouldn't matter because to her it is worth it (after all she literally just uses it for facebook, and she's a teenage girl so it's probably a lot more valuable to her than a neckbeards laptop).

you know apple is diverting all its limited manpower to iOS and mobile shit, right?

osx is even more antiquated and pathetic than iOS

This
Just make sure whatever other devices will werk with whatever laptop you get her. Will her iphone sync up without too much fuss, will you have to hackintosh for a better overall experience or will a chromebook have the required amount of stylishness that she won't deem you a cheap asshole face.

Tell her to get a job and buy shit for herself.

In fact, all entitled millennials I've met were macfags and borderline SJWs. You don't want that to happen to your daughter, OP.

> How can I sell her some other decent laptop?

What kind of a shitty kid spoiling parent are you? Just tell her no ffs. I already hate your shit daughter.

>all these faggots ITT telling OP to buy a macbook for his daughters
A sensible dad would tell his daughter to work for it to earn it.

Hell yeah. I was saving money for a 1000$ pc for three years and I bought it this week. I feel content.

weren't people always be like this? like nowadays everyone is richer so requests are bigger too

Better yet, let her buy it herself and buy a laptop with better specs for yourself, then proceed to point out how much better your laptop is and how she could've saved all that money if only she wasn't such a brainless sheep.

get a mac from 2009. she probably won't even be able to tell.

>inb4 it's OPs daughter

what do you care how she spends her money?

oh, it's not her money? then she gets what you choose, if she wants something specific, let her at least pay the difference

Ask her to list all the things she plans to do with it.
Then get her a chromebook

Just buy an used one. She'll be happy and you won't have to spend a lot of money. Both sides win

Correct answer. I own a G4 macbook, 2 dell lattitude d830s, and a macbook air.

They are all worthless now thanks to crap batteries and a weight and new processors.

Chromebook with linux mint is the win financially here for your wallet and her freedom. Shit by the the time she can really apreciate we will all have chips in our heads and be connected to the neural net.

I have a

Macbooks don't last long, a used one will have a really short lifespan.

>Promise her you will get the Macbook.
>Buy pic related instead
>Post reaction

you can usually find used macbook pros for around $200

Buy a used one. The ones Apple are selling on their site haven't been updated since 2010 anyway.

Buy xiaomi mi air

Sell whatever you need to and get one from eBay or Craigslist. You will ruin her life if you don't.

not cheap, but longevity is incredible.

i'm still using my MBP from 2008, never run into any problems with it aside from battery and HDD replacement so i can guarantee these things last basically forever.

it's mostly a mobile audio and video workstation, i learned how to use final cut and logic in college and have preferred to use them ever since.

buy her a 1:1 replica and install hackintosh

or a thinkpad

Horseshit.
Buy her a 2013 model, they go for pretty cheap and are still very decent.

>never run into any problems with it aside from battery and HDD replacement

/thread

it's an 8 year old laptop

>My 15 year old daughter wants a macbook. I cant justify spending so much on a shitty facebook machine just because all her friends have one. Or is it really worth it? How can I sell her some other decent laptop?
If she wants one to fit in, likely nothing else is going to satisfy her. You could buy her something else but she's likely going to hate it and resent you for years for making her look poor in front of her peers. On the same token, at 15 she's at a good age to learn some of the adult realities of life. If you can afford to put up half for it, tell her she has to get a part time job after school or cut yards or something to make half of it and you'll pay the other half and get her a Macbook.

Or you pay for all of it and she gets a refurbished X230 (or something like that).

dangerous. she'd likely camwhore or even whorewhore for it.

if you don't see how ridiculous that sentence was, kill yourself. actually, you're a macfag, so obviously you don't, and should kill yourself regardless

also good luck replacing that with current gen macbooks

>If you can afford to put up half for it, tell her she has to get a part time job after school or cut yards or something to make half of it and you'll pay the other half and get her a Macbook.
This

Don't buy her a laptop at all, make her understand that money needs to come from somewhere.

captain autismo shouldn't you be locked away in the crazy house? spoutin all that vitriol will never lead you to nirvana like the rest of us. i'm tryin to help you here, let go of the conspiracy theories and embrace your inner unibody

If you don't buy it for her, she'll get a bf and get him to buy it for her.

I'm assuming she's not ugly and you're not poor since all her friends have macbooks and your only reason for not buying it seems to be jewishness.