Do you remember when you enjoyed getting emails?

Do you remember when you enjoyed getting emails?

>Do you remember when you enjoyed getting emails?

No because I've literally never enjoyed getting any emails.

I still do because I'm not an idiot who gives it to every website.

I still do because Gmail's spam filter is amazing.

why don't modern OS have that comfy look? not this designer flat web 2.0 cringe crap

Because windows xp vista and 7 were designed by artists.

>Outlook Express
This makes me want to vm XP or 2000 ;_;

Dude, no, that's disgusting. I like the new sleek look

All the emails I get are bills or work related :(

>UI

Fuck off, it's awesome. Damn, I miss "Send/recv" button. (in localized version it was called "Deliver")

Software in these days had to be compatible with computers that had as low as 1 MB VRAM and every pixel mattered.

This is what made Gmail the best. Hopefully Googles block/spam reporting feature in Android will one day work just as effectively as Gmails spam filter, without blocking any real calls. I'm sick of the surveys and free cruises.

I don't remember how to enjoy anything in my life.

I do
I used them to send letters to friends before IM, share little files and in my high school period I used them to make a cheat-database-of-summer-assignements but only related to latin translation
Shit was great

You got your 50 cents.

I've got a 2000 VM, I just don't care to upload that massive file.

that looks comfy af

get a new number
stop giving it to shitty betting and surveying websites

We use outlook 2013 at work, and it's not too bad. It's better than any webmail.

I really miss that late 90's business look. Straight to the point and everything was either in a drop-down menu or dialog box.

Now it's way too busy, and I hate the "ribbon" introduced into MS products.

still feel that tingling feeling when I see that UI with the new mail in bold font.

mostly because I wrote a lot with my ex back in 2003.

time flies.

Forgot pic.

I was in kindergarten in 2003.

not surprising. I'm probably quite alone around here with the big 3 in front of my age

that looks absolutely horrible.

I do

We're all alone here, bud.

I was talking to my co worker about how I turn 21 next year, and he told me he remember's his 21st when he was on deployment in 2003.

Not really sure what that means, just some perspective.

>new email new items
>
> new

WTF. God, I hate Ribbon UI. I hate it even more that the classic menus are still there, but hidden. Fucking Microsoft and their useless rebranding/reogranization/dumb UI changes.

Office is still chock full of bugs that have been there since the mid 1990s. Those never get touched, but some stupid MBA's bullshit idea about accessible UI makes it in.

Eh, that puts you in a larger group than you think I wager.

Third user here, been lurking since I was 13 (2007). I think there's still a lot of us from then who are still here. Anyone who was 20+ then is 30 now. I still assume everyone posting is older than me.

Sure. But they're publicly traded and have to appeal to normies. The shitty MBA nonsense gets in and them's the breaks. Use alternatives and stay butthurt.

>Use alternatives

Yeah, let me just distribute edit my resume in Libre Office so that nobody can ever view it properly ever again.

Give PDFs, maintain a personal website, use LinkedIn, have a minimal resume in docx that you give to places that -only- take docx for shitty keyword scan recruitment bullshit

I still do immensely. I keep an archive of all mail I've received or sent since the late 90's and big ass collection of mail filtering and scoring rules in my MUA. I also still send mail as plain text wrapped at around 72 columns and reply under the quotes, which seems to confuse the fuck out of most people these days.

Fuck this is how much work e-mail is
I put up with it because I get paid
I would never fucking run that shit for my own biz

>use LinkedIn
no

90% of office power users are braindead secretaries. And they are awful at anything technical that isn't facebook. The ui IS the entire program to them.