How badly does the price you pay for your monitor affect screen tearing...

How badly does the price you pay for your monitor affect screen tearing? I got this 2k monitor for only $250ish and it looks quite good, however the screen tearing is god awful, it's plainly noticable even when just scrolling down a thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rvS1W3TXpEs
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2515h.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Screen tear is caused due to irregularities between refresh rate and frame rate. Not from monitor quality. You gpu is probably the culprit here, it can't manage a steady frame rate at the resolution you are running.

>gtx 1070
>incapable of running Sup Forums at 2k
That seems awfully suspicious, maybe there's a setting I fucked up somewhere.

>nvidiot

you fucked up

480 wasn't out yet and I didn't feel like dealing with all the shit Nvidia does to gimp AMD's performance until they can come along and fix it.

If it's the 25" 1440p panel then it's the same exact panel in the Dell U2515H, as far as i'm aware only a single 1440p IPS panel is being produced in a 25" size, and it is used in 4 different monitors.

The Dell U2515H
Asus PB258Q
Acer G257HU
and the Acer H257HU (same panel but with speakers I think)

The only difference being quality control, factory calibration, and I bet dell gets all the S rated panels and the others are using A/A+ rated.

>Asus PB258Q
ayyy love mine, great monitors

I did get the g257hu, funnily enough it actually has less tearing in games than it has when web browsing. I really don't know what the deal is but I've more or less gotten used to it now.

How bad of an idea is this? I've got two dell s2340m right now which I like but i'm building a BIG desk soon and wanted to buy.

LG 34UM67-P
>on sale for $370
I do not have an AMD card but I don't worry about screen tearing.

A review video I found on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rvS1W3TXpEs

All in all, is it worth the $370 or is there a better deal on a built in speaker 34 inch monitor in 1080p? I don't think my 980 would handle 4k gaming.

>dem digits

TFTCentral has a review on the U2515H which should be the same panel, they have a section specifically dealing with tearing as well, it's not bad for this class of monitor, but it isn't fantastic.
tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2515h.htm

Thank you, I'll read it over.

bad idea.

better save your money on atleast 2k 21:9 if any

the ppi on 34" is going to make you sick

I don't want to game in 4k, computer can't handle it. 1080p is for me.

Never spent big money on a monitor, probably won't for a long time. I'm just wanting to get rid of this bezel in the middle between my dual monitors.

3440x1440 isn't 4k, it's 2k in 21:9

get a used one and save big money

Where should I look? Not really into ebay for monitors.

ebay, craigslist, depending what your region has to offer

>I got this 2k monitor
No you don't, you probably have a 2560x1440 monitor. If you really must you can refer to it as 2.5k.

>3440x1440 isn't 4k, it's 2k in 21:9
Not even close brah. Such a monitor doesn't exist and would be 2048/1920 by something like 800. 3440x1440 could be referred to as ultrawide/21.9 1440 or UWQHD.

>I don't want to game in 4k, computer can't handle it. 1080p is for me.
You don't have to play games at your monitors native resolution. You could turn it down for games and then you'll still be able to use the higher resolution for general use.

It's actually 4.1k get it right you ignorant turd

>How badly does the price you pay for your monitor affect screen tearing?
Literally not at all, the monitor itself has nothing to do with screen tearing. You really shouldn't be getting screen tearing in desktop usage on Windows, are you running Linux by chance?

Nice try but I didn't say that anything was 4k. 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 are both 4k standards, the latter is not 4.1k because that's not a thing.

2K is 2048x1080, if people are going to refer to 3840x2160 as "4K" (4096x2160), then by the same logic "2K" would be plain old 1920x1080. Calling 2560x1440 "2K" makes absolutely no sense, but for some reason it has caught on.

It's 4.096k you casual, 4K doesn't even exist, you're just falling for the marketing bullshit

windows aero on and you have no screen tearing
>when just scrolling down a thread

I agree with you 100% (if you're trying to imply that I said something to the contrary) and I'm also well aware that calling 2560x1440 2k is simply marketing bullshit, hence me correcting him.

It's not bullshit and has nothing to do with marketing, it's a standard. It's not meant to be an absolutely precise description.

I forgot to add pic that explains why but why even bother...

You only get it if your a sexless virgin.

looks kind of bad imo

Meh works for me

civ V in that resolution looks really comfy.

It was better than I thought. But I don't play it enough to keep it vertical all the time.

My new dual arm monitor stand might change that though.