Dynamic Energy Saver

I've spent countless hours trying to google this issue to no avail you are my last hope Sup Forums.

So fresh W7 install on computer all i've installed is AMD's crappy crimson software suite in order to download my drivers. After restarting my computer it freezes on Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver screen. this appears after windows starts to load up so I first suspected the problem to be in windows, in safe mode however I canot for the life of my figure out where this application is running from I cannot purge it.

I also suspect it may be some built in motherboard feature I have overclocked in the pat but am back at stock settings and loaded failsafe bio settings. No luck still, if its any help the background for the normal windows stating screen has Dynamic Energy Saver background for some reason.

TLDR: How do i purge GiGabye Dynamic energy saver from my computer.

Where the fuck did this piece of cancer come from Sup Forums I don't want to install windows all over again for it to still be there.

install linux

Fuck you, I use debian on another machine i need windows on this one

I am so infuriated right now I am never buying a gigabyte product again.

How the fuck do I disable this it must be on my MOBO I've looked through my entire BIOS settings at least 5 times there is nothing that even sounds remotely close to this where the fuck is it and how is it able to change the background on my bootup/shut down screen

What you posted is the branded image that takes place of your POST screen.

If you're stuck on that screen it means your computer doesn't even make it past POST

Start up and shut down it has this screen this is in safe mode, normally booting it just freezes on this screen indefinitely. Just fucking tell me Sup Forums will a fresh install fix it because I'm doubtful

It definitely makes it past POST, the image I took was just from the internet.

Windows begins to start up, but because of stuff like I suspect it may go deeper than just an application that or settings that came with the AMD software suite.

>Dynamic Energy Saver

i'm sure your mainboard should be recall, lot of faulty on that mainboard? check the box/uefi/bios is it version rev 1.0?

i think it is driver in windows. i would reformat, if that fails i would flash the BIOS to something else like a different version of the BIOS? good luck

oh shit sorry, so you can bypass it and go to safemode? have u try to boot into Linux live cd/usb? if it boot your windows 7 installation so reinstall?

holy shit check em

I don't think I've ever updated the BIOS i didn't have this problem previously, I reinstalled windows and it booted fine however it did have its startup background replaced I paid it no mind until after my reboot and now I can't even get into OS.

I just rolled back my system to before the drivers and same issue.

I have no idea why this is occuring now after the fresh install. It must be something in my BIOS settings but I can't find it for the life of me I'm so fucking mad right now if a fresh install doesn't fix this I'm going to fucking destroy this motherboard and call gigabyte and give them a peice of my mind

Can you disable quiet boot in the BIOS and see what errors come up?

yeah i can get into safe mood fine..
This image is the Welcome screen as I boot into safemode.

Unable to locate this option in the BIOS

That some BIOS splash screen? If so, go into BIOS and deactivate splash & quick boot (or whatever your manufacturer calls it)

It's obviously some shit that came with your driver installation. Reinstall Windows and then carefully go through your motherboard's driver install setup

It will be called something else.
> Disable POST splash
> Disable quiet screen

It doesn't freeze at post it makes it past post, the windows starting screen even completes and then the screen pops up that says nothing except
This this is the screen hat it freezes on its not my post screen

Your boot partition might be fucked in some way or your installation is fucked. Load up a USB with Windows on it and boot from that then go to
>repair installation
>troubleshoot
or
> advanced
then acces command prompt and try-
> bootrec /fixmbr
> bootrec /FixBoot

then do
>sfc /scannow
>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Exit and restart. This assumes that WIndows is the only OS installed on your system as this usually conflicts with GRUB for Linux OS'.

can this be done from safemode?

I don't have a USB with windows on it, i still have my installation disk.

For the bootrec commands, you'd need to run it off the disk from the command prompt.

Fuck, I'm going to attempt reinstalling windows, if it's still there after a fresh install I'll know it is deeper than just software and I'll have to just get a new mobo or something

Download Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB

Why the fuck would i want windows 10, I'll be using Windows 7 until linux becomes a viable gaming platform, or the next good iteration of windows which will likely be never.

Safe mode working points to it being a driver causing startup to hang.

You can usually look in logs or event viewer to see what driver file is causing this. Just find it and delete it.

> I'll be using Windows 7
Enjoy your grossly inefficient DX11 meme, unlikely/unstable driver support
> linux becomes a viable gaming platform
Oy vey, keep waiting good goy

Fresh install seems promising so far I'm most definitely not fucking with AMD crimson anymore and will be using the older shitty ass catalyst control center

What functionality does Crimson or CCC have to offer for you? I just install my graphics driver without the software and that's it.

> I want to spend countless hours on google searching for hotfixes and workarounds everytime new software, games, drivers and hardware come out that doesn't support my system out of the box

Just use Linux

....at a point it was ease of access to drivers from directly from AMD when i got my 5770 way back and i just installed it out of instinct on fresh W7 install after googling 5770 drivers and navigating through AMD's crappy website...but even things like steam now can update my drivers so...

I thank you for bringing this to light, fuck this shitty software felt good to cancel that download

Use the autoupdateutility.exe to automatically search for new drivers and deselect everything except for Display Driver and HDMI Audio. Simple, no bullshit.