Where you were when Linux desktop was kill?

Where you were when Linux desktop was kill?

i was at home when bash call
>ip link
SO_SNDBUF: Invalid argument
>no

:'(

We are witnessing the last dying days of Microsoft's relevance in the OS sphere. All they have now is office and muh gaymen

And Windows Embeeded
And Windows Enterprise
And Windows Server

Of which GNU/Linux already does better.

As I said, their only relevance is now dwindling.

Honest question, If you gonna do that doesn't it makes more sense to just use a virtual machine?

>office and muh gaymen
You mean the only profitable PC sectors?

Apple are probably more relevant in those sectors now.

Linux marketshare has actually grown a lot recently.

I was using Gnome 2. Then I updated to Gnome 3. It had been rebuilt, they destroyed ever piece of customization available. Took all the working code an tossed in the trash and replaced it with a broken mess designed for children. Just when I though it couldn't get any worse they released unity.

>Office and gaming
>Apple
>More relevant

L O L
O
L

What OS are you all going to switch to if Linux becomes popular?

Apple can't even remain relevant in the entertainment sector where it dominated. They aren't making any real inroads into business in general.

What's the point of using a shittier DE than the one Windows already has?

Linux

Gentoo

They'll go to BSD, until it goes popular too, then they'll switch to whatever will be the equivalent of current BSD

BSD is literally the gayest OS ever I don't use linux because it is unpopular I use it because it does what I want how I want it

Hurd

Hurd, durd, I don't think so.

>$230B in cash.
>aren't making any real inroads into business

Typical Apple lallygagging.

This does nothing but increase the chances of someone making the switch away from windows.

"Hey this Linux thing is actually pretty neat I don't even need Windows" is going to happen a lot more often than Applefags and Linuxfags switching back to windows because of this.

Windows has no where to go but down and Linux has no where to go but up.

Microshaft confirmed for stupid.

>not switching to TempleOS

>no network support

Networking is the work of the devil, user.

TempleOS

java vm

I've already moved to OpenIndiana which is based on OpenSolaris (some actual SV UNIX).

>things nobody has ever or will ever use
>

I considered BSD but they're all absolute garbage, even worse than linux was in the 90's. Maybe I'll just fork something and work from there.

>forwarding X over SSH
>LOOK EVERYONE I'M RUNNING UBUNTU ON WINDOWS

Fucking retards ITT

Funny how I never saw any wincucks on Sup Forums posting their own xorg-windows desktop

Doesn't it work?

>trying to prove a point by running a 15 year old program

>consumer software is more profitable than enterprise

>things that literally nobody has ever used or will ever use is more profitable than things literally everyone uses

>no end user uses an enterprise product

>look ma I'm clinically retarded!

>look ma I'm clinically autistic.

You know what he was saying, user.
Don't try to damage control because you were too stubborn to perceive it at first.

>manjaro user

Microsoft has the leading market share on enterprise software with the products he cited. You are also retarded.

>fails to understand what user said because of stubborn dedication to fanboyism
>even though hes apparantly wrong either way, insisting on not getting it instead of telling him that hes wrong
>non-sequitur insult to the person who points this out
Pls calm ur butt :

I'm not even a Windows user you fucking retard. Read the follow up post that you'll see that there's nothing wrong.

If you weren't such an anti-Microsoft loser you'd notice things more clearly.

Braindead nigger.

pls no mad, user-kun
look at this cute strawberry loli
no mad, only strawberries

9Plan, Kolibri or Haiku.

Google Chrome

jej'd pretty heartily

i give it a RMS/10

>microsoft embedded

nigga please

desktop thread?

windows

Are you *actually* implying I can't use windows 10? How did you find your way to Sup Forums?

I don't know about office, but Apple is killing the gaming market...mobile wise.
PC gaming is for young adults and people heading into their 30's. Meanwhile, mobile gaming has built an audience with moms, travel fags, and the youngsters currently entering high school. My younger sibling and their friends refuse to play Minecraft on the PC, but will spend hours playing that shit on their iPhone of tablet.

>windows server
the absolute fucking madmen put a fucking GUI on a fucking server

Linux is popular. It just doesn't suck the corporate cock so much.

>imblying you can

Magenta-based OSX clone with Linux lib bindings

You can install a Powershell-only version of windows server without GUI.
Not that anybody wants that, but hey

The Linux kernel literally powers the world. If you don't understand it's significance you don't belong on Sup Forums. Desktop usage is irrelevant.

>powers the world
Dunno about elsewhere but knowing a software developer for nuclear reactors I can tell you it's all programmed in PHP and perl

Fucking terrifying

>Can't install windows 10 in a VM

What a massive retard. Winbabbies, everyone

>Apple are probably more relevant in those sectors now.
>1.x percent market share
Are you completely retarded or what?

That is cash that's made from selling ipads and iphones to retards that cannot handle anything else. It's profitable, but it has nothing to do with business devices.

Good god this board went to shit.
Plz kill yourself.

You mean 95% of the market