How long until the current entry-level job market is replaced by automation...

How long until the current entry-level job market is replaced by automation, handing it over to programmers and engineers?

youtube.com/watch?v=vsSff3x07Sc

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3670321/Rise-burger-flipping-machines-Robots-churn-400-burgers-hour-set-work-grill-new-restaurant.html
futurism.com/images/universal-basic-income-answer-automation/
washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2016/08/26/why-china-wont-own-next-generation-manufacturing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the future is here

Thanks to the $15 minimum wage, a lot sooner than you think.

If we could just accept a 30 hour work week, no problem. But I don't see that happening, people will continue to spend 40 and more hours a day at work even when there is nothing to do, they cannot be allowed to be free.

just imagine exterminating all useless humans in the world

25 seconds is a long time to make assemble a hamburger.

They're gonna need a fleshdrone to put the burger shit in those containers.

Nice quads.

Doesn't matter, since the robot only costs a few pennies per hour to operate.

While we can blame some $15/hour min wage moment for robots, the truth is that they have been in the works for years now.
5/10/15 dollars per hours, it all pales in comparison to how cheap robots are.
Unless you are willing to work for free a robot is out for your job.

what will kids do for a summer job?

>implying min wage is ever gonna change
>implying corporations are gonna let it happen
>implying the government is loyal to anyone but the oligarchy that is the modern corporate hellscape

Programming.

Trump wants to fix this insane minimal wage, I have faith in him.

nigga u dum

I did IT wiring for a school as my first summer job.

Found the welfare leech

repair the robots

That burger looks terrible.
Source: fat

At this point, the minimum wage doesn't matter. The ball has already started rolling. You now have machines that will work for 24/7 shifts for free without ever becoming tired or sleeping with minimal human intervention. These new workers have no unions or lawyers. They will never take sick days or vacation days. They will allow fast food restaurants to stay open indefinitely and serve all customers at any time.

For employers, that is better than any human fast food worker could ever provide.

>implying flipping burgers is worth $15 an hour and it's just the billionaires keeping the poor folk down

It's probably plastic food.
Note the ketchup and mustard not being used, which makes it seem like a tech demo.

>implying I said that anything is worth 15/hour
>implying I said anything but badmouth corporations

>implying I'm not in college
>implying I don't have a job

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3670321/Rise-burger-flipping-machines-Robots-churn-400-burgers-hour-set-work-grill-new-restaurant.html

Looks like that burger making machine they announced 4 years ago is finally going to be used. I'm kinda excited. It's in San Fran though.

Repairing robots isn't entry-level work. You need technical know-how to do it, so it's not appropriate for school-age people.

Furthermore, there will never be enough work in terms of repairing the robots to make up for what the robots replace. There will no where near the same amount of manhours added to repair robots compared to the manhours lost by the robots doing work. If it was even close, the cost of paying those trained repairmen would be more expensive than the cost of no-skill workers the robots replace, making the whole thing unprofitable.

Finally it is time for humanity to do something more meaningful.
All these jobs that can be nowadays replaced by machines are a complete waste of human potential.

Lefties should rejoice actually.
Robots are not the problem in the big scheme of things.

damn skynet, calm down

>retards who think that you should be able to live off minimal wage will get even more butthurt
what a time to be alive

Work that is in any way meaningful or valuable is not even *remotely* plentiful enough to account for the loss of work widespread adoption of bots would cause.
There will be no reason for alot of people to be working if it happens. There'll be nothing of value for them to do.

Human, why you telling me things I already know? It was a joke, ok. Not surpised you didnt get it though because your human after all. Dont you agree fellow robots?

That is the definition of minimum wage numbnuts.

>not spreading your ass for the trump
>calling people "dum nights"

Nice try lower class night, go back to the hood

they're of no value if they cant do anything of value

If we don't get birth control in the hands of stupid poor people who don't realize they shouldn't be popping out babies constantly when they can barely afford to support themselves then I can only imagine how much worse the homeless populations will get in future generations because robots took what would have been these kids jobs.

There will never not be low skill jobs, they'll just move to different markets

maybe sometime it was, but it no longer is
now it's "your work is worth less but it's illegal"
no wonder they're getting replaced by robots

Edgy, friendo.

>How long until the current entry-level job market is replaced by automation, handing it over to programmers and engineers?
It's already happening

sorry, I didn't express myself right

exterminate all the humans that are useless, not all the human species

>posting from a phone
>shitposting this hard
Kill yourself, high school meme faggot.

in the end it matters not because the system as we know it is not sustainable in the long run

robots are just one cog in the system that make the rich-poor gap wider

you have to worry about much more than just a bunch of niggerbabys in the future

Early 2013... as I recall.

Automation requires unconditional basic income to stabilize our society. If labor workers are just laid off without any alternative source of income to live, it will be disastrous for our society.

It is now not plentiful.
The widespread adoption of robots is bound to bring radical change to social models we know today.
Oblivious tech-illiterate lefties cannot compute and mostly just want to hang to their meaningless jobs just because.
Brave new world here we come, old world capitalist and lefties are a thing of the past.
Feels good to be here when it is happening.

Like those who cannot code StrongAI... like you?

...unless we build the humans2biogas camps?

The invisible hand of the free market is not a fucking god deserving of worship. Economic production/value/whatever has no intrinsic value. Its good because it increases human happiness because more people can live more easily when theres more to go around.
There is nothing sacred about the system used to organize this. It's not some kind of natural law.
>It is now not plentiful.
Yeah.

You sound like a robot

That's actually a story arc in The Last Ship.

"Yeah" what?
Did you skip the whole radical change of social models part?

I'm more inclined to think people will contrive some awful bullshit to keep things as much like they are now as they can regardless of how artificial it is.

- cab drivers
- truck drivers
- fast food workers
- waiters

>tfw I get to live long enough to see lowlife scum riot on the street because robots took their jobs

>The robots will make everyone neets in the future

I can't wait 2bh

the AI required to replace these entry level jobs (manual jobs) is hardly the same as an AI that can replace jobs that require real thinking

>If labor workers are just laid off without any alternative source of income to live
thats what has been happening for many years in my country

the way the state fights it in my country is by making the jobless figures look smaller than they actually are

the side effect is the state is bleeding out via welfare, pensions are low and we have to work longer

nobody is stoping this because they cant

Basic income will keep them calm, cool and collected.

You're forgetting that automation won't just happen over night. Smaller job prospect in certain fields will steer people away from them

Yeah it'll suck for the first generation, but it'll work itself out

Singularity will never happen.

While I cannot completely disagree with you, I still think it can't be permanent.
The longer it takes the higher chance is we pay it with blood imo.
I'm getting accustomed to the probable fact that there is going to be some proper shitstorm in my lifetime anyway.

Where do you live?

basic income is a shit
the first chance we have to reduce the worlds population without hurting efficiency and we let it pass?

afghanistan

one of the "richer" countrys my man

the only thing that is rich here though is the amount of debt the state accumulates

>implying we need singularity to automate jobs

Yes, it will not ever happen.
Massive replacement of jobs by automata will though.

57% of the world's jobs are at risk of being automated. Universal basic income may be our only way out of a resulting societal disaster. Here's why.

futurism.com/images/universal-basic-income-answer-automation/

this, people think that all jobs have the same complexity/difficulty

Go hang yourself, pinko

>How long until the current entry-level job market is replaced by automation, handing it over to programmers and engineers?

However long it takes to pass laws that forbid employers treating their employees like shit. In the current environment if a burger flipper breaks down (gets sick) you just hire another from the millions of unemployed people. If a burger flipper performance drops you hire another from the huge pool of people who are unemployed. Training burger flippers is cheap. You show them movies for a few hours and let them follow another burger flipper around. If your burger flipper has an on the job accident you blame it on some worker safety rule you didn't tell them about or some medication that lists drowsiness as a side effect (pretty much everything other than stimulants) that showed up in the drug screen you ordered

If a burger bot breaks down you have to pay someone to figure out why, figure out how to fix it, and pay for the fix. If burger bot doesn't perform well you have to spend R&D money figuring out why. If burger bot has a workplace accident, like shorting out and burner the bitch down, all the people who burned are now on you. There's no minimum wage guy who can't afford a lawyer to scape goat.

That's besides the technical issues. If that bot would have pulled apart two pieces of cheese that had varied in temperature so much that they almost became one I'd have been impressed. If that bot had accidentally torn the cheese doing that and ended up reasoning that he could put both torn pieces on there instead I would have really been impressed.

This
A contemporary sub 500eur plc can do all sorts of crazy shit.
And for most of it you don't even need fancy expensive many-axis robots, but just cheap as dirt pneumatic linear actuators and a servo here and there.

...you assume.

that sounds kinda unlogical because

>machine much faster than human
>but "very dumb" because only does what it was programmed for

add intelligence to that and you naturally get something that will advance faster than humans

Your pic say something, your text says another.

It's not risk, it is salvation.

Stop over-hyping your job Juan

ACTUALLY a study by a leading European university found 80% of ALL human activity could be done by a machine but it's simply not yet cost-effective to do so... YET.

That means MOST jobs... not some tiny percentage as you claim.

In my lifetime, I've seen technology fall in cost and rise in capability.

THAT trend ain't stopping!

>Dish washing robot

Good thing I'm already planned to change career from dishwasher to programmer.

I actually design AI systems.

How many burgers do you flip each day, Cletus?

The low-iq untersmentch will be purged in our lifetimes, and I for one cannot wait
*tips fedora*

Scientists can't even replicate the intelligence of a worm. Why would we expect them to be able to make an AI that's as capable or smarter than a human?

I have one of those already in my kitchen.
It's a slimline model.
It fits under the sink.

Do you not have those in your village?

Redistribution
E
D
I
S
T
R
I
B
U
T
I
O
N

Really?
Bit behind the curve, aren't you Cletus?

Not the guy you replied to. But why don't restaurants just use huge versions of this, instead of employing retards to do it manually?

I actually design industrial automation systems that get shit done and don't require any ai at all.

Shit has been properly ON for about a decade now.

Dem clients decide for proper automation most of the time.
Any machine builders nowadays that don't do full on automation are well on their way into deep shit already.

It's not beginning to happen, preparing to happen or whatever.
ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

The fields need more fertiliser.... and the starving Africans need more 'protein'...

marx, you're dead, stop
a
r
x

y
o
u
'
r
e

d
e
a
d

s
t
o
p

>I actually design industrial automation systems that get shit done and don't require any ai at all.

This. Everyone here is talking AI.

Most current jobs can be automated by non-AI technology.

In... better... countries... they... DO.... usafag!

Welcome to 2016?

shining robot boots

washingtonpost.com/news/innovations/wp/2016/08/26/why-china-wont-own-next-generation-manufacturing/
Automation may have a better effect than you may think.

they already simulated a human brain for 1 second with the biggest computer and it took him 40 minutes to achieve that

We are getting there user. The human is not some magical fairy, we are also "programmed". The hard part will probably be to figure out how to make something that understands the world like we do. Just simulating the brain wont do.

True. But it still comes down to cost.
Once the machine is cheaper the human is obsolete.

How many saddle makers and cartwrights are there in the usa these days?

> Everyone here is talking AI
no, we are not
all the jobs that could be automated right now are not because lefties cry on the media

...t-they fucking do, wha?
they still hire dishwashers because someone needs to spray them down before they go in and bring them to the cooks, and clean the machine, such that in a fast place with alot of customers its still busy as hell between the two to four people in the dish area.

I fucking love cheeburger cheeburger.

LOL
Do you ride a horse to work?

>implying the universe is deterministic

>someone needs to spray them down before they go in

Why?