Alright I need a laptop. Never bought one before, don't need it for gaming, business only...

Alright I need a laptop. Never bought one before, don't need it for gaming, business only. What are some good cheap options? I don't want no piece of shit atom or celeron.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6430-Intel-Core-i7-3520M-2-90GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Windows-10-Pro-/302051059326?nav=SEARCH
ebay.com/itm/WOW-Dell-Latitude-E6430-2-8-8Gb-750GB-nVidia-chipset-14-HD-1600x900-WiFi-/191955743359?hash=item2cb174327f:g:pAIAAOSw-4BXZfhJ
slickdeals.net/f/9043315-dell-xps-13-13-3-ultrasharp-qhd-touchscreen-notebook-computer-intel-core-i5-5200u-2-2ghz-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-windows-10-home-800-free-shipping-ebay-daily-deal?src=SiteSearch
amazon.com/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=twister_B01G2C1YY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t420

You might be able to get away with a Chromebook.
What kind of applications will you need to use for these "business" purposes?

/thread

Quick books, credit card processing, background check software, nothing too intensive

laptops suck these days.

something in the thinkpad series is ur best bet

t420

asus chromebook

/thread

XPS 13 ftw

Good Pick, but has a point.

If you really need the full laptop, thinkpad is a good choice, but latitudes are worth looking at as well.

just need to let it dry completely, famalamafam, good as knew

The t420 specs seems plenty for what I need at a decent price, everything I see is refurbished, does it matter?

Good Woman.

If you're gonna get a thinkpad, you're probably going to get it used/refurbished. They're old, but still really good laptops.
If you don't care much about your laptop's aesthetics, a ThinkPad is a strong recommendation from me for business laptops.

Get a used (but in great condition) Dell Latitude E6430 off eBay for $150-200 or so, i5 or i7, 4 or 8GB, toss an SSD in it and go. Look for the 1600x900 option display (much brighter, better panel) and also the Nvidia Geforce GPU.

Don't have to deal with the ThinkPad bullshit of locked down BIOS crap and whitelists needing a modded BIOS, a better design overall and more useful in the long run.

Such as this?
m.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Latitude-E6430-Intel-Core-i7-3520M-2-90GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Windows-10-Pro-/302051059326?nav=SEARCH

Yes but that price will go up near the end of the auction, probably well over $240, it's still worth it at that price however. I'd focus on BIN pricing and grab something and go.

Only 2 hours left, is that worth giving a shot?

Here's your winner:

ebay.com/itm/WOW-Dell-Latitude-E6430-2-8-8Gb-750GB-nVidia-chipset-14-HD-1600x900-WiFi-/191955743359?hash=item2cb174327f:g:pAIAAOSw-4BXZfhJ

I would say so. Thank you

>good
>cheap
Pick one.

>good
It's business class.

>cheap
For the cost, it's a damned good deal.

>cheap
>good

See how that works?

>1600X900

And?

Hijacking thread

Budget is probably $700 max, although a bit over isn't too bad. Want a laptop that has good battery and can play maybe some modern games on medium grafix. Not looking for a "gaming" laptop necessarily because I know anything that has that word in it gets $300+ added on to it.

Also would be used for possibly video editing and programming. Would be used through college

I got a E6420 with an i5, an nvidia and 1600x900 screen for 200€, I think it's worth to search for them.
I'd consider some HP Elitebooks too, they can be found with same specs and price.

this should be the end of this thread. no further posts needed

slickdeals.net/f/9043315-dell-xps-13-13-3-ultrasharp-qhd-touchscreen-notebook-computer-intel-core-i5-5200u-2-2ghz-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-windows-10-home-800-free-shipping-ebay-daily-deal?src=SiteSearch
I wouldn't recommend getting the QHD tho. You can find the second gen FHD ones going for about the same price

I forgot touchscreen was important as well, good choice.

Question, how come a computer like that is $800, when something like amazon.com/dp/B01DT4A2R4/ref=twister_B01G2C1YY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
is $550?

Is the touchscreen that much more expensive? From what I looked at, doesn't look like the specs are all that much different

>I forgot touchscreen was important
touch screens are a fucking meme

same with fingerprint readers

I would be using it for taking notes and stuff during class, not very great with organizing notes on the computer into documents. I like the feel of being free and writing where I please. Also would want to fuck around in drawing apps, although clearly that's not nearly as important.

For note taking and related operations, OneNote is highly recommended but some folks like EverNote as well.

Thinkpad T series(normal laptops), X series(small), W series(powerful)
Dell Latitudes(normal) or Precisions(powerfu)
HP Elitebook series

>not having a fingerprint reader
More secure than typing in a password

Reminder, your fingerprint isn't protected under the 5th

Blaze it