Windows's final best OS

ITT: We talk about Windows 2000, the last time Windows was actually perfect.

XP fags need not reply with their malware infested OS

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41M-VS3/index.asp?cat=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What malware did XP come with?

XP BestP

I think he meant that XP, over time, was more vulnerable than 2000.

Basically the entire web got shut down for a month when the RPC vulnerabilities went public.

Using XP64 and comfy. Win2000 is definitely god-tier though.

where do they get that meme from, early NT was leagues ahead of 9x in security but it's still swiss cheese if you aren't hiding behind a firewall

2K still a best though, easily the apex of the platform

>XP 64-bit
How did you manage to find drivers?

I think the driver support problems were more with legacy peripherals and expansion cards than hardware that was actually contemporary to it.

At least it seems like it, every OEM support site I've regularly surfed usually has as many XP x64 drivers as x86 drivers.

>2K still a best though, easily the apex of the platform

From a productivity perspective absolutely, absolutely no bullshit in 2K, no catering to normies, simple and straight forward security regime, extensive and powerful resource kits available on even the lowest tier version (Professional)

Window 10 professional is more gimped than Joe Bonham

Windows 2003 Server is best Windows ever.

Windows FLP is best Windows for virtual machines, because you don't have to steal DLLs from XP for 2000 to make software install. Yet FLP is about the same size as 2000.

All of them are worse than Linux (W2k3 is least worst) or BSD especially on the server end.

And nothing beats OS/2's Workplace Shell for UI which is malleable enough that if you don't like something, you can change it easily.

what's the difference between this and windows ME?

I have an this mobo

asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41M-VS3/index.asp?cat=

and a Radeon HD7750 GPU

windows me is just windows 98 but shittier

2000 was business class OS, NT based
ME was consumer class, Quasi-DOS based

Fuck I want to try it out now and see if I can manage to make it work on a vm. Do you have an iso by any chance?

Windows Server 2003 Standard was my go-to OS for a while and it was comfy desu. Smoother than the more clunkier 2008 and 2012

Like above, it's NT, not 9x kernel
It also was the most buggy 9x OS. So much so that it wasn't even a valid OS to upgrade from to go to XP.

It was the last nail in the coffin for the 9x kernel.

Best 9x kernel based OS = Windows 95 revision C. Even discounting the memory limit.

Windows ME was more of a lookalike, using DOS. Nothing like the stable as fuck NT architecture of 2000. I still believe that ME was just 98 only dressed up to look like 2000.

>revision C

You mean B right? C is just B with internet explorer integration in to explorer.exe

it's a totally different, shitty system on almost every level except basic appearance

C had more bugfixes.

Nope. I've got an original CD. If you dig around the internet I am sure you could find one though.

my first computer i ever owned was an old HP with windows 95, It was a laptop.

My aunt worked in the corporate office of a company and was able to buy it cheap from them, I remember i coudn't figure out how to get it online because i was only like 10 at the time and didn't know much about computers. But i use to spend hours just playing the games on it and sometimes i would type up a text file and save it for someone on floppy.

windows 95 was pretty nice though, It was a no frills, Get shit done type of system.

Will do, thanks good user

I miss everything about the GUI for classic Mac/Windows.

Its probably pure nostalgia but it was just so cozy.

Everything today is sleek, safe, and soulless it seems.

Me too. My aunt whom i lived with back then also had a desktop PC running windows 98 and i use to game on it, GTA1 and i think 2, DOOM 1 and 2, Riven. Going into the AOL chatrooms at 13 was fun, It wasn't until years later i finally figured out why so many men wanted to message me after i gave them my age..